Parking lot LITTER.

JETSFAN5180

When the Linc opened up down here in Philly, they created a ban that you could not bring any food in. Now exceptions. They claimed that it was for "security" reasons.

They raised such a fuss, that they lifted the ban and hey now have a separate entrance for food to be "scanned".

yeah, they will look to dig their claws in you whatever way they can.

Right after September 11, the Jets would take away water bottles when you entered the stadium. 10 feet inside the entrance, they were selling water!! Blatant rip off. People complained and they soon changed the policy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why should I put bags of garbage in my car for an hour and a half because the meadowlands refused to put dumpsters out in the lot for people to use? That is absurd. IF macdonalds decides to do away with trash bins in their places of business should i take my garbage with me from there and throw it out at home? I put my stuff in garbage bags, i do my part, if the stadium doesn't want to do their part by providing somewhere to toss litter, then they can deduct x amount of dollars from my parking payment for a cleaning crew after I am gone to pick up my garbage bags.

An hour and a half? I thought the games were 3+ hours. This must mean you leave at halftime. BANDWAGON FAN!!!! ;) LOLsc

I see your point, Joe. I just don't happen to agree with it, so I don't find my suggestion absurd at all. To each his own, I suppose.

ANYONE who thinks its ok to LITTER the lot because you pay $15.00 to park should be BANNED from the Meadowlands.Its fans like you who RUIN the atmosphere and the game.Maybe if while driving home you had a car tire blowout from a piece of glass from the lot you would feel differently. The place is a disgrace the picture says it all. If fans put the garbage in bags and left it neatly,maybe the Meadowlands could clean some of it up during the game.This would make leaving the parking lot alot easier.

Paying a price to park does not give you the right to LITTER.

I guess with the price of admission you should be allowed to tear the stadium apart also.

ANYONE who thinks its ok to LITTER the lot because you pay $15.00 to park should be BANNED from the Meadowlands.Its fans like you who RUIN the atmosphere and the game.Maybe if while driving home you had a car tire blowout from a piece of glass from the lot you would feel differently. The place is a disgrace the picture says it all. If fans put the garbage in bags and left it neatly,maybe the Meadowlands could clean some of it up during the game.This would make leaving the parking lot alot easier.

Paying a price to park does not give you the right to LITTER.

I guess with the price of admission you should be allowed to tear the stadium apart also.

it would save the jets some money in demolition costs... maybe if we destroyed it they wouldn't need PSLs.

Why should I put bags of garbage in my car for an hour and a half because the meadowlands refused to put dumpsters out in the lot for people to use? That is absurd. IF macdonalds decides to do away with trash bins in their places of business should i take my garbage with me from there and throw it out at home? I put my stuff in garbage bags, i do my part, if the stadium doesn't want to do their part by providing somewhere to toss litter, then they can deduct x amount of dollars from my parking payment for a cleaning crew after I am gone to pick up my garbage bags.

You're bringing with you what it is you enjoy at your tailgate parties. You are not purchasing it from the Meadowlands and you are being charged to park, not to have barbeque's. You should take your trash with you when you go and dispose of it in a appropriate manner. Your choosing McDonald's as an analogy is lame. If their were no trash bins in McDonald's you would leave our trash on the table and the person whose job it is would be there to clean it before another customer sits down. It's wonderful to have Fans meet and socialize before the games, but getting pie eyed and rowdy is definitely not called for. I'm sure one or two of you could make the 100ft trek to the dumpsters.

An hour and a half? I thought the games were 3+ hours. This must mean you leave at halftime. BANDWAGON FAN!!!! ;) LOLsc

I see your point, Joe. I just don't happen to agree with it, so I don't find my suggestion absurd at all. To each his own, I suppose.

no I am talking about the hour and a half getting home after dropping everyone off.

Ok I agree there arent enough dumpsters.But does that mean the litter should be scattered all over the place.People are slobs and the proof is evident.What does it take to bring a garbage bag and not leave a mess.

The Scorpion and the Frog

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

PSLs are coming and so is NO TAILGATING watch and see.Im sure the LITTER will surely help them make the decision on tailgating.

I can't see it. Know where I can definitely see that happening? Someday at Gillette. Kraft is busy building Kraft World (I think it's called Patriots place?) next and behind the stadium. Movie Theater, hotel, Pats museum, resturants, bars, retail shopping...the man store: Bass Pro Shops, Best Buy, VS, Christmas Tree Store, etc. I can't see people shopping on game days - unless they want to pay $40 to park - and who would want to shop/park while thousands of people are drinking, grilling and tossing footballs around? Somethings 'gonna give.

I see very little in the way of actual litter. Everyone seems to do a really good job of cleaning up after their own tailgates, and I believe fans were told that the cost of parking does in fact pay for a cleanup crew for afterwards.

I cleaned up my area yesterday, bagged everything and dumped it into a bin. Of course, I tailgate right next to the exit at 16G and have bins very close by.

Overall, I don't think the mess is any worse than any other stadium parking lot at the end of game day. Sh!t, or in this case litter, just happens.

You're bringing with you what it is you enjoy at your tailgate parties. You are not purchasing it from the Meadowlands and you are being charged to park, not to have barbeque's. You should take your trash with you when you go and dispose of it in a appropriate manner. Your choosing McDonald's as an analogy is lame. If their were no trash bins in McDonald's you would leave our trash on the table and the person whose job it is would be there to clean it before another customer sits down. It's wonderful to have Fans meet and socialize before the games, but getting pie eyed and rowdy is definitely not called for. I'm sure one or two of you could make the 100ft trek to the dumpsters.

no, i am paying the meadowlands and the jets for my football experience, an experience that includes the time honored tradition of tailgating. Tailgating has been a part of football from its beginning, and it is something that is EXPRESSLY allowed in the parking lot. Not only that, but if you have ever been to games you have seen the jets advertising in game from johnsonville and other companies I can't remember showcasing people's tailgates and awarding prizes to someone's tailgate at every game. If that is not a sign of the jets being complicit with the tailgating situation then I don't know what is. If you are going to allow this tradition that countless MILLIONS of people practice in pro/college/high school football games every weekend, and you are charging people 15.00 for a piece of land the size of a parking space, you need to either provide adaquate trash bins or a cleaning service. The Jets choose to provide a cleaning service.

As any of the lawyers here will explain better then me, an individual or a buusiness can give permission to something without actually ever expressly saying they are giving permission.

no, i am paying the meadowlands and the jets for my football experience, an experience that includes the time honored tradition of tailgating. Tailgating has been a part of football from its beginning, and it is something that is EXPRESSLY allowed in the parking lot. Not only that, but if you have ever been to games you have seen the jets advertising in game from johnsonville and other companies I can't remember showcasing people's tailgates and awarding prizes to someone's tailgate at every game. If that is not a sign of the jets being complicit with the tailgating situation then I don't know what is. If you are going to allow this tradition that countless MILLIONS of people practice in pro/college/high school football games every weekend, and you are charging people 15.00 for a piece of land the size of a parking space, you need to either provide adaquate trash bins or a cleaning service. The Jets choose to provide a cleaning service.

As any of the lawyers here will explain better then me, an individual or a buusiness can give permission to something without actually ever expressly saying they are giving permission.

Implied consent, you nailed it.

you can say that. just don't say tailgating protects us from meteors and you're good.

11-8Sprint.jpg

From the JETS

Can I tailgate?

[*]Tailgating has become a ritual at the Stadium and is permitted provided guests tailgate in the same space occupied by their vehicle. Please be courteous to your fellow fans -- open parking spaces should not be used for tailgating.

[*]Ticket Holders may not reserve adjacent parking spaces for others.

[*]Tailgating is not permitted in the parking garage which is located next to Continental Airlines Arena.

[*]If you have a large tailgate party, stadium management strongly encourages you to arrive early and use thegrass berms and paved areas on the islands located between the parking lots. This will allow you to fully enjoy your party while being courteous to your fellow fans.

[*]Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment, provided guests do so only in the same space occupied by their vehicle. However, their use near buildings or in areas where guests or property may be damaged is strictly prohibited.

[*]Please do not discard hot coals near vehicles or in plastic waste receptacles; there have been several car and trash fires over the past few years. For your safety and convenience, hot coal bins have been provided for the disposal of charcoal. These large, orange

although i clealy have won this debate, it still has to be maybe the gayest thread ever started on this board, maybe even gayer then the dude who suggested averil levigne turn one of her songs into a jets td song, and THAT my friends is quite a feat on a board run by a bunch of pansie homos.

although i clealy have won this debate, it still has to be maybe the gayest thread ever started on this board, maybe even gayer then the dude who suggested averil levigne turn one of her songs into a jets td song, and THAT my friends is quite a feat on a board run by a bunch of pansie homos.

Very nice.

POTW Nom.

PSLs are coming and so is NO TAILGATING watch and see.Im sure the LITTER will surely help them make the decision on tailgating.

PSL's yes, no tailgating? no chance.

The stadium is basically going to be in the exact same damn spot adn there will be tailgating as usual. The only way the Jets wouldn't have had tailgating with their new stadium is if we had gotten the stadium on the West Side (thank god we did not).

5180, where do you park? We might have to move away from 5H and come near you and just trash everything for you.

joebabyny As gay is it may sound to you the LITTER and the facilities are disgusting. Not all of us drive a Hummer that the tire automatically inflates after being pierced by a broken beer bottle.

When the new stadium is built the LITTER wont be a problem.Tailgating will be history because of it.

I was at a Giants game in December 2004 against the Steelers (my friend is a Steelers fan) and the garbage was A LOT WORSE than any Jet game I have ever been to.

Most of the people there bring garbage bags. if you don't like it, stay home where there is no litter.

joebabyny As gay is it may sound to you the LITTER and the facilities are disgusting. Not all of us drive a Hummer that the tire automatically inflates after being pierced by a broken beer bottle.

When the new stadium is built the LITTER wont be a problem.Tailgating will be history because of it.

Dude, i hear ya, but seriously, the people who own the joint obviously do not care, they do not have people bothering you to clean up, there is no signage asking you to do so, and most importantly they do not provide ANY TRASH RECEPTICLES. If that is not implied consent for allowing the mess and just figuring the cleaning crew will handle it in the end, then what can you expect from the fans? I bag my garbage, put it in a nice pile, but there is cars driving through and over the garbage so that doesn't even help.

As for the hummer, yeah the ctis inflation system is nice, but that is not going to help me if my tires get pierced, that system is meant to deflate the tires for better traction in certain situations, then re inflate them all from inside the cab. I will tell you what, having that hummer and the cost of a new tire and the absurd cost of getting it replaced is enough to make me be a lot more pissed then the guy who has a regular sized car tire on the average car. Those tires are special beadlocks, the hummer is the only vehicle allowed on the road legally with beadlocks, and it ain't no simple job to unmount and mount new feet on them. Trust me, flat tires are just as much or more of a problem for me.

I was at a Giants game in December 2004 against the Steelers (my friend is a Steelers fan) and the garbage was A LOT WORSE than any Jet game I have ever been to.

Most of the people there bring garbage bags. if you don't like it, stay home where there is no litter.

Stay home and miss out seeing all the drunken idiots who can barely walk into the stadium not a chance.That too is part of the price of admission I dont mind paying..........the LITTER thing is no joke though many of you seem to think it is.

It's a matter of time until the meadowlands, citing safety and liability issues(like that dope Giant fan who killed a little girl while DWI on his way home from a Giants game) that they will ban open containers of alcohol like they do at Shea and Yankee stadium lots. It's all just a plan to move the whole party away from your car and into their "party zone", and move your money into their till. In fairness, the Bears actually have a tent setup with a band, an open bar with tap beer and food for a pay one price $50(though that was back in 2000, no idea what they're charging thes days).Something like that might be okay. But there's no practical way to have such a party for 80,000 people. But it's going to be very different.

We should know that the whole idea is to seperate us from as much money as they can.

• We will be charged PSL - Within the year
  • You will still be able to tailgate - only in a select area you have to pay IN ADVANCE for
  • Just like in Buffalo, Foxboro, Miami, Jacksonville & at least 10 other stadiums - YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO TAILGATE IN THOSE AREAS!

It sucks, but think about it - if you can afford the PSL's, You can afford the TAILGATE zone!

If you usually go to games by buying your tickets - You will have no choice but to pay for food & drink at the new TAILGATE CENTER, which according to both the JETS & GIANTS will be 3 - 5 times the size of anything anyone in NY/NJ has ever seen...

• We will be charged PSL - Within the year
  • You will still be able to tailgate - only in a select area you have to pay IN ADVANCE for
  • Just like in Buffalo, Foxboro, Miami, Jacksonville & at least 10 other stadiums - YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO TAILGATE IN THOSE AREAS!

It sucks, but think about it - if you can afford the PSL's, You can afford the TAILGATE zone!

If you usually go to games by buying your tickets - You will have no choice but to pay for food & drink at the new TAILGATE CENTER, which according to both the JETS & GIANTS will be 3 - 5 times the size of anything anyone in NY/NJ has ever seen...

OK then Baummer come clean then if you know for a fact that a PSL WILL BE ISSUED WITH IN a year how about some of the details on it like the amouts per section how any sort of payment plan will work .Now my Giant Family connection tells me (A)They don`t want to issue any PSL until the JETS do and the JETS don`t want to issue it before the Giants do ,Now when I started asking them about the $$$$$$ amounts & told them some of the insane #`s you were throwing around on the JLI site ,he said noway . I don`t see anything over $5,000 per ticket and those are for the best seats the others will be much lower so if ours come out first and higher we know why it all WOODY & HIS GREEDY GREENIES!!!

eh em'......where have ya'all been for the past 20 years??? ITS looks like that after all the home games! Take a ride around 8pm after a 1pm game...oh Giant games also.

OK anything else we can complain about today? The BEAUTIFUL sunny 80 degree day, ?? I will be thinking of ya'all on while boating on the Barnegat Bay.....perhap a little fishing today......:love0038:...ok carry on.

OK then Baummer come clean then if you know for a fact that a PSL WILL BE ISSUED WITH IN a year how about some of the details on it like the amouts per section how any sort of payment plan will work .Now my Giant Family connection tells me (A)They don`t want to issue any PSL until the JETS do and the JETS don`t want to issue it before the Giants do ,Now when I started asking them about the $$$$$$ amounts & told them some of the insane #`s you were throwing around on the JLI site ,he said noway . I don`t see anything over $5,000 per ticket and those are for the best seats the others will be much lower so if ours come out first and higher we know why it all WOODY & HIS GREEDY GREENIES!!!
Have some family that does business with the Mara family on Wall Street. Hearing the same thing-Giants aren't crazy about PSLs,and neither team wants to be the bad guy to make the announcement first. Also, within the Giants, there's some real sentiment that they do not want to be seen as greedy(noting the Pats had no PSL), so the PSL might be much lower than $5K. If you think about it, 80,000 x $5000 x 2 teams = $80 million. But in a multi-billion dollar deal, that's a pittance. Still it's money they won't leave on the table. But the Giants moreso that the Jets are rightly worried that New Jersey taxpayers have already kicked in some serious cash and concessions such that they don't want to be seen as pricing out Joe Sixpack Fan; heck, they'll bleed him dry once he gets to the game. Not clear Johnson has thought this through.

Have some family that does business with the Mara family on Wall Street. Hearing the same thing-Giants aren't crazy about PSLs,and neither team wants to be the bad guy to make the announcement first. Also, within the Giants, there's some real sentiment that they do not want to be seen as greedy(noting the Pats had no PSL), so the PSL might be much lower than $5K. If you think about it, 80,000 x $5000 x 2 teams = $80 million. But in a multi-billion dollar deal, that's a pittance. Still it's money they won't leave on the table. But the Giants moreso that the Jets are rightly worried that New Jersey taxpayers have already kicked in some serious cash and concessions such that they don't want to be seen as pricing out Joe Sixpack Fan; heck, they'll bleed him dry once he gets to the game. Not clear Johnson has thought this through.

And the last article I read they were going with 300 luxery boxes now instead of the initial 200 boxes at the $1,000,000 a box thats $300,000,000a year in revenue just from the boxes in 5 years they will raise 1.5 billion just from the lux. boxes so after 6 years the entire amout of the 1.3 billion will be paid off ,that leaves the next 24 years (average 30 year life of a stadium) of $300,000,000 from lux. boxes as all profit = all the naming right money which I figure is anoter 1.8 billion over 30 years . theres not a real good reson to bang the fans for the BIG BUCK other then because they can & they don`t give a Sh_+ about joe avg. fan.

And the last article I read they were going with 300 luxery boxes now instead of the initial 200 boxes at the $1,000,000 a box thats $300,000,000a year in revenue just from the boxes in 5 years they will raise 1.5 billion just from the lux. boxes so after 6 years the entire amout of the 1.3 billion will be paid off ,that leaves the next 24 years (average 30 year life of a stadium) of $300,000,000 from lux. boxes as all profit = all the naming right money which I figure is anoter 1.8 billion over 30 years . theres not a real good reson to bang the fans for the BIG BUCK other then because they can & they don`t give a Sh_+ about joe avg. fan.

I don't think that the break even point figures into it. Woody wants to have his hand in every fans pocket. Once he has removed all of the cash, he will squeeze your nuts just for added emphasis because he knows that he can.

Baumer, a restricted tailgating zone? I don't think so. You'll still be able to tailgate wherever you park at the stadium. You speak of Foxboro but to my knowledge there are several lots were people tailgate around the stadium. Gainzo does not pay extra to park in a specific lot that allows tailgating.

Archived