START KELLEN CLEMENS POLL

Pragmatic Bus

WHO DO YOU WANT MANGINI TO START NEXT WEEK  

1 member has voted

1. 1. WHO DO YOU WANT MANGINI TO START NEXT WEEK

• KELLEN CLEMENS
    • CHADWICK PENNINGTON(pss.. i have a vagina)
    • TUIASOSOPO(why not?)

No, you weren't. There were others who were saying we needed a change at QB for a long time. We just never had anyone we though good enough to take Pennington's place, and the front office took its time bringing in a potential replacement.

Once again, welcome to our Kellen Clemens fan club.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never understood Jet fans dedication to Pennington, the sad reality is he's never come close to being what they wanted or needed him to be as a QB. That aside, Jet fans need to get it through their heads that they are not going to the playoffs this year, it's just not going to happen no matter who starts at Q.B. The bottom line howeveris that the Jets need to find out if Klemens is the future or not and they need to do it now. Chad is 31 years old and has "marginal back up QB" written all over him, he's not the future of the Jets, he's the past. Sure, he may get the Jets a couple more wins this season than the kid will, but hows that help the Jets future, they the 10th pick instead of 5th???? This season is over for the Jets, they need to know if Klemens s the QB of the future or not.

I've never understood Jet fans dedication to Pennington, the sad reality is he's never come close to being what they wanted or needed him to be as a QB. That aside, Jet fans need to get it through their heads that they are not going to the playoffs this year, it's just not going to happen no matter who starts at Q.B. The bottom line howeveris that the Jets need to find out if Klemens is the future or not and they need to do it now. Chad is 31 years old and has "marginal back up QB" written all over him, he's not the future of the Jets, he's the past. Sure, he may get the Jets a couple more wins this season than the kid will, but hows that help the Jets future, they the 10th pick instead of 5th???? This season is over for the Jets, they need to know if Klemens s the QB of the future or not.

A) Its Clemens

B) The season is not over, welcome to Jetnation

No, you weren't. There were others who were saying we needed a change at QB for a long time. We just never had anyone we though good enough to take Pennington's place, and the front office took its time bringing in a potential replacement.

I've been saying it since 2005! I'm not quite that jets5ever guy who has hated Chad as our QB since about 2003.

I can't believe this was the game to make everybody turn around though. Chad has consistently had performances like this in his career. I'm happy everyone is joining Team Clemens though.

I think it was the fact this wasnt a top 10 defense it was a bottom 5 defense and now were 1-3, but it took me long enough. I embraced Chad for a looonggg time and I still do just not as the starting QB of this team anymore.

I can't believe this was the game to make everybody turn around though. Chad has consistently had performances like this in his career. I'm happy everyone is joining Team Clemens though.

This game helped. But so did Clemens' work in the Baltimore game. Plus our record.

Clemens should start immediately. Chad should be traded before its too late. And by 'too late' I mean before the Bears are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

This game helped. But so did Clemens' work in the Baltimore game. Plus our record.

Clemens should start immediately. Chad should be traded before its too late. And by 'too late' I mean before the Bears are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Clemens work was done in 1 quater and against a prevent defense, still was impressive though. If Clemens can duplicate that 1 quater for a full game then trade talks can start.

Clemens work was done in 1 quater and against a prevent defense, still was impressive though. If Clemens can duplicate that 1 quater for a full game then trade talks can start.

Look what other QB's have done to the Ravens. It really wasnt as imressive as people thought.

Did you see Braylon Edwards' TD yesterday???

Look what other QB's have done to the Ravens. It really wasnt as imressive as people thought.

That was not against a prevent defense & Edwards was way, WAY open by like 15 yards. If that's all Clemens did, I'd agree big whoop. That wasn't the case. I saw him find an opening of little time & little space far away from where he was throwing it. Like his pass to Cotchery. You can't touch-pass that one with defenders behind him or it'll get picked off. With an on-a-rope fastball it still barely got in there.

Chance of CP completing (or even attempting) that pass = 0%.

Chance of the CS dialing that play up if Chad is the QB = 0%.

That was not against a prevent defense & Edwards was way, WAY open by like 15 yards. If that's all Clemens did, I'd agree big whoop. That wasn't the case. I saw him find an opening of little time & little space far away from where he was throwing it. Like his pass to Cotchery. You can't touch-pass that one with defenders behind him or it'll get picked off. With an on-a-rope fastball it still barely got in there.

Chance of CP completing (or even attempting) that pass = 0%.

Chance of the CS dialing that play up if Chad is the QB = 0%.

Did you notice though the Ravens pass rush fell to pieces in that game. before that Clemens was bad and I mean real bad.

He's still unproven, he made some good plays but Im not too high on him yet.

I hope he does well though, he has so much potential.

Trade talks can start because the Jets are going nowhere with Chad as QB and the Bears are going nowhere without Chad at QB. They may also go nowhere with Chad, but they should be made to pay a price to find out. Regardless of the Baltimore game Clemens should be given an opportunity to start. Better to do it without a safety net, IMO.

Anyway, the Baltimore game gave me hope and was otherwise encouraging. The rest of this Jets season has been abjectly miserable.

Did you notice though the Ravens pass rush fell to pieces in that game. before that Clemens was bad and I mean real bad.

He's still unproven, he made some good plays but Im not too high on him yet.

I hope he does well though, he has so much potential.

No I didn't notice that. What I noticed was Balt still circling around the pocket about to close in & Clemens stepping up in the pocket to buy himself the extra second requisite to complete more than a 5-yard timing route.

chad is the quarterback. no questions about it. the one start kellen made he didnt get anything going as far as offense until there was 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. the only points they scored until then were by field goals and they were 45+ yards that nugent kicked SO that means kellen just BARELY got them into field goal range after they had a 20+ yard kick return. thats only 30 yards or less that he even moved the ball

haha good idea, let's look at what other QBs do to teams we've played. So how about them Bills? I don't think you wanna go this route buddy.

G, the season is almost over if we (the Jets) lose this coming Sunday. If we win, it's not. To be 100% fair here, Chad has not been the same since he broke his wrist against the Giants a few years back and then followed that up the following year with his shoulder getting injured and having to be operated on. Those are the facts. However, given that, KC at this point in time would provide a "spark" just as Chad did when we had Testiverde at QB. This is the point.

As for us making the playoffs, I would love for my Jets to make the playoffs and get another shot at kicking the Pats ass. By the way, just waiting for Moss to have one of his melt downs....it's coming.

Just spoke to pete (GOD) and he said the KID will bring us to the PromiseLand. :)

I LOVE you Pete , Make it Happen

Now if I had that conversation with pete (GOD) The first thing I would have asked him would be (A) WHEN are we (JETS) GOING TO WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL & (B) What are the winning MEGA lottery numbers for tonight here in NJ..... So I could afford WOODYS upcomming PSL & those JET superbowl tickets.

Seriously though ive just heard penningtons been taking karate lately to improve his throwing down the field. The ankel mishap on the throwing foot could have screwed that approach to hell. I dont;t want to see him get killed esp in a giants game.

chad is the starter. he will start this game but the ol line needs to block him against the giants defense because they havent done a great job of blocking him at all. i dont want anybody to get hurt back there no matter who the qb is. and as far as chad not being able to go with the long ball, id rather have chad make a complete pass for 10 yards than throw a 50 yard bomb down the field and have it end up in the dirt. chad doesnt have the arm that brady has we know that, not that many qbs can play like brady, but id rather chad make an accurate pass for 5 or 10 yards than a 50 yard throw for an incomplete pass.

Archived