Adios , Mr.Pennington

Smizzy

Thanks for everything. You gave it your best....I'll leave it at that. Good or bad you left it all on the field and I can only hope that Clemens is half the warrior you were.

Adios,Chad...you're not a terrible guy...just not the guy.

Good luck where ever you end up....unless it's in KC with Herm...then I hope you go 0-16.

hopefully he is half as classy as Vinny was. Vinny worked with Chad after becoming the backup and helped him out tremendously. IMO that is very difficult to do and Vinny didn't get half the praise he deserved for it.

Yeah, he was really supportive of Clemens after the pick. Didn't offer any help whatsoever. Just ignored/snubbed Clemens as he walked past him & didn't even make eye contact with him.

I don't even want him helping out Clemens. Chad will contaminate Clemens the way Hackett contaminated Chad by showing him that he should never attempt a pass over 10 yards unless the receiver's alone on an island.

I think the C. Pennington, had last season a good one, but we need too know what happend to him in this season. Why he played like Grossman maybe worse it!!! I know the Chad has better then Rex, but man, what up's with him this year??

Cya!!!

Yeah, he was really supportive of Clemens after the pick. Didn't offer any help whatsoever. Just ignored/snubbed Clemens as he walked past him & didn't even make eye contact with him.

I don't even want him helping out Clemens. Chad will contaminate Clemens the way Hackett contaminated Chad by showing him that he should never attempt a pass over 10 yards unless the receiver's alone on an island.

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/119372286644090.xml&coll=1

Yeah, I read that this morning. But I know what I saw. He wouldn't even look at Clemens after he got yanked.

And part of supporting Clemens & the team would have been to pre-emptively speak with Coles before the media does.

How about something like: "Hey Laveranues, this franchise has paid the two of us over 40 million dollars from August 2004 through today. I appreciate your friendship & loyalty, but don't be a dick. You're a goddamn captain."

Dude thats very evry harsh. The guy had just been told he'd lost his job. Its tough to pick yourself up immediately and help the guy who just took his job out.

He will be a great mentor to Clemens, I'm sure of it.

The guy is one of the classiest guys in this league and gave 110% every time he took the field. Chad is maybe the main reason Im a Jets fan right now, anyhows I wish him all the best and will root for him if he does indeed go to a new team (when their not playing the Jets of course).

He didn't have to play for the Jets!

Yes it was most unfortunate for Chad that the Jets paid him some $35 million from 2004-2007. Most unfortunate. Poor, poor Chad.

Especially since those aweful Jets gave him his huge contract a full year before he deserved it. He had never even played a full season yet, actually not even close to a full season up to that point.

Dude thats very evry harsh. The guy had just been told he'd lost his job. Its tough to pick yourself up immediately and help the guy who just took his job out.

He will be a great mentor to Clemens, I'm sure of it.

The guy is one of the classiest guys in this league and gave 110% every time he took the field. Chad is maybe the main reason Im a Jets fan right now, anyhows I wish him all the best and will root for him if he does indeed go to a new team (when their not playing the Jets of course).

He gives 100%. There is no such thing as 110%. Whomever came up with that phrase, should be shot. When you reach the maxim, there is no more. If there is then you have not reached the max. Hence you are not giving 100%. You can give 100% of what you have, but if you are only at 70%, then your 100% is 70. If you can give a little more, you are not giving 110%, you are stepping up to 75 or 80 and giving !00% of that max.

He gives 100%. There is no such thing as 110%. Whomever came up with that phrase, should be shot. When you reach the maxim, there is no more. If there is then you have not reached the max. Hence you are not giving 100%. You can give 100% of what you have, but if you are only at 70%, then your 100% is 70. If you can give a little more, you are not giving 110%, you are stepping up to 75 or 80 and giving !00% of that max.

You can put the calculator away, it's a figure of speech.

"But this one goes up to eleven."

I have personally met Chad and admire him for the person he is.Prior to 2 shoulder surgeries this guy was 1 of the best NFL QBs in the league. He played the game with fire in his eyes.

He has been through some horrific seasons and on some horrendous teams with coaches and offensive coordinators that sucked.

I bought his authentic jersey at camp if he goes on to play for another team I will burn it in the fire.

Thanks Chad for the memories and for most of all treating the fans with respect and dignity.He signed numerous autographs and took many pictures with me and my family.

The Jets will not be a better team without you.1 player does not make a TEAM.

Thanks for having a fluke season in 2002 that set this franchise back five years.

Thanks for ripping my heart out because I honestly believed you were the next Joe Montana.

Hey man I agree 100% its time for CP to hit the bench. He has nothing left, his arm is dead.

BUT...fluke season?! I dont think so. How about two major shoulder surgeries that left him a dead arm QB. That would be a more accurate description.

Best of luck to CP. Thanks for your efforts.

Here's to KC, hope he is as good as some think he is.

Yes it was most unfortunate for Chad that the Jets paid him some $35 million from 2004-2007. Most unfortunate. Poor, poor Chad.

Thats the Jets fault for offering him it, you cant possibly be criticising Chad for what he got paid.

I have sympathy for him in the sense that he lost his job despite giving 100%, which he did.

Dude you need to calm the F down, yes its a figure of speech. A common one at that.

No need to take a fit over nothing. Chill out, smoke some weed or something.;-)

Chad has always been a classy team first guy and will always respect him for that. It is unfortunate for him that he had to play for the Jets.

I used to think that, until this season. Chad has shown his true colors as of late.

Did anyone else see the press conference yesterday? The one where Chad reiterated that it isn't his fault? I also like how he didn't cheer Clemens on and instead was laughing with Vilma on the sidelines. I wonder what they were laughing at. "Neither of us will ever play a down for this team again...LOL!".

Hey man I agree 100% its time for CP to hit the bench. He has nothing left, his arm is dead.

BUT...fluke season?! I dont think so. How about two major shoulder surgeries that left him a dead arm QB. That would be a more accurate description.

Best of luck to CP. Thanks for your efforts.

Here's to KC, hope he is as good as some think he is.

Chad had the same arm in the Oakland playoff game that he has all season in 2002. He also had the same arm in '03 when he threw 5 interceptions vs. the Pats.

It took teams half a season to figure out how to defend him. That, moreso than the injuries, ruined his career. He was never going to be a great QB. His arm was too limited to begin with.

Archived