For every Yankee fan that wants Mike "the fluke" Lowell

madmike1

So you're a fluke if you take advantage of where your home team hits? Put your hero Giambi and that short right field porch in that equation too then.

Bottom line is that even if you have a home stadium with an advantage, you still have to hit the ball and take advantage of it. If, and I hope this doesn't happen, the Yankees signed Lowell to take A-Rod's place they'd be getting a consumate professional, who is a good hitter, above average fielder, and a total team leader.

So you're a fluke if you take advantage of where your home team hits? Put your hero Giambi and that short right field porch in that equation too then.

Ummm..Giambi hit better with Oakland. Nice try though.

Bottom line is that even if you have a home stadium with an advantage, you still have to hit the ball and take advantage of it. If, and I hope this doesn't happen, the Yankees signed Lowell to take A-Rod's place they'd be getting a consumate professional, who is a good hitter, above average fielder, and a total team leader.

The fact that you are even trying to defend his night/day splits is about the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life. I guess there is only one ballpark that he can direct his hits in LMAO. This is the same stuff you'll be spewing if the yankees are stupid enough to waste their money on this fluke.

The fact that you are even trying to defend his night/day splits is about the funniest thing i've ever seen in my life. I guess there is only one ballpark that he can direct his hits in LMAO. This is the same stuff you'll be spewing if the yankees are stupid enough to waste their money on this fluke.

The funniest thing you've ever seen in your life? You need to get out more.

And his road splits aren't all that bad. Hitting .276 on the road is actually fairly decent.

Mike Lowell is a Red Sox. If he is no longer a Red Sox, there is a good chance I won't follow what he does. So I won't be spewing anything.

Typical madmike1 post, always trying to incite anger. 10 minutes from now, he'll start to get defensive, then say "they were trying to bait me". Then come the personal attacks.
There is only one poster here who i've accused of trying to bait me. Carl admitted that he could care less about baseball other than the sawx which is fine but it also negates most of his opinions because it's admitted he has no perspective..

There is only one poster here who i've accused of trying to bait me. Carl admitted that he could care less about baseball other than the sawx which is fine but it also negates most of his opinions because it's admitted he has no perspective..

People can be so stubborn.

Strange.

You cannot negate an opinion. That is how it works. Of course I pay attention to what happens throughout the league, but I won't be checking people's VORP at 3 am in my Scooby Doo underoos.

I know plenty about the game Mike. Do I need to be vindicated on every post I make on a message board? No, because that's lame.

You cannot negate an opinion. That is how it works. Of course I pay attention to what happens throughout the league, but I won't be checking people's VORP at 3 am in my Scooby Doo underoos.

I know plenty about the game Mike. Do I need to be vindicated on every post I make on a message board? No, because that's lame.

Well you seem to take pride in the fact that you don't know about players who aren't on your beloved sawx and thats typical of boston fans.

Well you seem to take pride in the fact that you don't know about players who aren't on your beloved sawx and thats typical of boston fans.

Explain to me how that is typical of Boston fans. There are plenty of Yankee fans here who can't even spell, let alone know about other teams players.

Not caring and not knowing are two different things. Sure I know the Yankees picked up a 16 million dollar option on Abreu (who hits worse away from home than Mike Lowell). Do I care? Not particularly.

That means absolutely nothing.

Perhaps. But at some point, you have to give some credit to the player for being part of several championship teams. Just like Derek Jeter gets credit for winning 4 rings. There's something special about players who "happen to be" on multiple WS-winning teams. In any case, it can't hurt them. Mariano Rivera is known as the greatest closer in baseball, and him having 4 rings is a reason why. Maybe it was the talent around them, or maybe the individual player was the common denominator himself. Who knows?

Perhaps. But at some point, you have to give some credit to the player for being part of several championship teams. Just like Derek Jeter gets credit for winning 4 rings. There's something special about players who "happen to be" on multiple WS-winning teams. In any case, it can't hurt them. Mariano Rivera is known as the greatest closer in baseball, and him having 4 rings is a reason why. Maybe it was the talent around them, or maybe the individual player was the common denominator himself. Who knows?

What a stupid question. Who knows? Billy Beane that's who knows...DUH!!!!

Jeter and Rivera don't need to be defended with team based accomplishments. Their career record's speak for themselves.

Jeter and Rivera don't need to be defended with team based accomplishments. Their career record's speak for themselves.

Rivera, no. His career stands on its own.

Jeter? Yes, he needs those rings to justify himself. He's a career singles hitter who actually has WORSE postseason numbers than his career numbers, and an average defensive shortstop.

Jeter? Yes, he needs those rings to justify himself. He's a career singles hitter who actually has WORSE postseason numbers than his career numbers, and an average defensive shortstop.

A career singles hitter with a .388 career OBP and .462 slugging percentage from the shortstop position LOL.

Who also has the same regular season numbers as he does in the postseason but with a higher slugging percentage.

Oh thats right, I forgot I was talking to the same guy who said Beltran was awesome and a better postseason player than Jeter.

Just admit you hate Jeter because he makes the Mets his personal b##ches every single year. :lol:

A career singles hitter with a .388 career OBP and .462 slugging percentage from the shortstop position LOL.

Who also has the same regular season numbers as he does in the postseason but with a higher slugging percentage.

Oh thats right, I forgot I was talking to the same guy who said Beltran was awesome and a better postseason player than Jeter.

Just admit you hate Jeter because he makes the Mets his personal b##ches every single year. :lol:

Beltran is a much better post season player than Jeter. Jeter will never have a post season like Beltran did with Houston. He's a nice player but simply not capable of Beltran type series.

Beltran is a much better post season player than Jeter. Jeter will never have a post season like Beltran did with Houston. He's a nice player but simply not capable of Beltran type series.

I hate to use the term "sample size" but Jeters played in 25 post season serioes vs. Beltrans 4.

You really cant make a strong comparision.

:rl:

Jeter has played in 25 postseason series compared to Beltrans 4. And OBTW, Jeters first 4 postseason series > Beltrans first 4 postseason series fwiw.

And let me know when Beltran wins a World Series MVP award. Heck, let me know when he doesnt strike out to end the NLCS.

LMAO.

Jeter is one of the best hitting SS of all time who will cakewalk to 3000 hits. He's a lock hall of famer if he had never played in one post season game.

Archived