Brad Smith

Jet Moses

He's a 2-3 reception kind of guy at this point. Maybe a #3 WR, but at this point, nothing more. If they weren't so stupid in the way they call obvious trick plays, he might make a few big plays per game, but at this point, he's not a player that makes a difference on this team. He barely plays.

Great special teamer but...

As a WR he's all thumbs. What do you guys think?

Very good on STs. he and Wallace W have both been consistently very good as gunners.

He needs to spend a full TC honing his WR skills, and stop d1cking around with the QB thing. When is this CS going to get serious about developing and using players correctly?

Stuckey will end up being our #3.

I'm about tired of the Stuckey kool aid. At least Smith has played. Stuckey is beyond unknown at this point. The guy hasn't even played and who knows if he ever will. I sure am not counting on Stuckey to do anything next season. If he does, great, but if the Jets FO starts thinking like some fans do, they should just be fired. Stuckey is nothing at this point and if they go into the offseason assuming he'll be a starter next season, shame on them.

I'm about tired of the Stuckey kool aid. At least Smith has played. Stuckey is beyond unknown at this point. The guy hasn't even played and who knows if he ever will. I sure am not counting on Stuckey to do anything next season. If he does, great, but if the Jets FO starts thinking like some fans do, they should just be fired. Stuckey is nothing at this point and if they go into the offseason assuming he'll be a starter next season, shame on them.

Jeeze, relax dude. Its just a prediciton on my part. He got hurt, I watched him during college...he's a solid player. Polished, good speed, great hands..he can definitely be a number 3 in the L.

Jeeze, relax dude. Its just a prediciton on my part. He got hurt, I watched him during college...he's a solid player. Polished, good speed, great hands..he can definitely be a number 3 in the L.

I don't get this at all. Stuckey will be a solid WR while McFadden will not be anything special.. That makes no sense.

I hope you are right, but on a couple of different boards quite a few people have been jumping up and down on the Stuckey bandwagon. Nobody knows anything about the guy yet. Lets hope he does something, but right now, counting on him to do anything is something the Jets FO should not be doing.

I don't get this at all. Stuckey will be a solid WR while McFadden will not be anything special.. That makes no sense.

I hope you are right, but on a couple of different boards quite a few people have been jumping up and down on the Stuckey bandwagon. Nobody knows anything about the guy yet. Lets hope he does something, but right now, counting on him to do anything is something the Jets FO should not be doing.

I never said McFadden wont be special. He's just going to have to adjust his game a bit.

Im sure the Jets this offseason will evaluate the WR position, probably bring someone in. I just think Stuckey will eventually take on the role of the #3 guy.

I never said McFadden wont be special. He's just going to have to adjust his game a bit.

Im sure the Jets this offseason will evaluate the WR position, probably bring someone in. I just think Stuckey will eventually take on the role of the #3 guy.

I have no problem with Stuckey.. Who knows what kind of player he will be or won't be.. If he's a legit #3 WR, that's great...

Most players have to adjust their game coming to the NFL.

My ideal realistic lineup on offense next season would be something like

OL = Mangold, DBrick, Faneca, 2nd round Draft Pick, and Clements or somebody else as well as maybe some depth on the OL ... Backups who might not be starters but better than what they have now in players like Clarke or Smith. Maybe Bender is one of those guys, who knows.

WR = Chad Johnson, Cotchery, Smith, Justin MC, Stuckey, and hopefully Coles

TE = Baker, somebody else through FA or the draft.

RB - McFadden and Washington

QB = KC

I hope they add a DL on defense and another CB and while they might not be a top tier team, it would be a step in the right direction.

What I don't want to see is the Pats draft McFadden and either keep him or trade him for like 10 freaking picks.

I have no problem with Stuckey.. Who knows what kind of player he will be or won't be.. If he's a legit #3 WR, that's great...

Most players have to adjust their game coming to the NFL.

My ideal realistic lineup on offense next season would be something like

OL = Mangold, DBrick, Faneca, 2nd round Draft Pick, and Clements or somebody else as well as maybe some depth on the OL ... Backups who might not be starters but better than what they have now in players like Clarke or Smith. Maybe Bender is one of those guys, who knows.

WR = Chad Johnson, Cotchery, Smith, Justin MC, Stuckey, and hopefully Coles

TE = Baker, somebody else through FA or the draft.

RB - McFadden and Washington

QB = KC

I hope they add a DL on defense and another CB and while they might not be a top tier team, it would be a step in the right direction.

What I don't want to see is the Pats draft McFadden and either keep him or trade him for like 10 freaking picks.

Youre going to have to give up a #1 to get Ocho.

Unles he's a FA? I dont think he is thugh.

I love Brad Smith and think he CAN be legit #3 WR along with being a guy is able to fool defenses with a possible pass/run threat. He just needs a little more work and maybe one more off-season to really train at the spot. Remember the guy never played WR until he was a Jet.

He clearly has the ability to play the game of football at a high level and those are the types of guys you need and want on the field in some shape or form. I think he is another guy being hindered by the offensive game planning.

Which by the way is very disturbing. How does a coordinator go from being a tactical master to Paul Hackett-esque? (I won't go as far to call him Hackett because that takes YEARS to become)

I want to say it's the O-line but I'm tired of that excuse. Tell these 300+ lb sacks of crap to man the f' up and block somebody.

What was he, a 7th rounder? How can anyone be sure of a 7th rounder who has never played a snap?

Chad Johnson????

Are you frickin kidding me????

Pardone me but I do not want our team to trurn int o the Cinncinati Bengals. Solid Running back, Solid line, 3 superstars at WR and sweet feck all on the other side of the ball!!!!

We have a #1 WR in Coles, a very good #2 in Cotchery and now it's time we got a #3, IMO it should be someone like D.J Hackett. Not Chad Johnson,he's a good player but that's is just ridculous.

He's having a lot of problems catching the ball right now and I think an offseason with the juggs machine and a full training camp with Clemens would help him. Either way, the Jets really do need to be aggressive in going out and signing or drafting a legitimate #3 receiver.

What was he, a 7th rounder? How can anyone be sure of a 7th rounder who has never played a snap?

You need to look past that. Stuckey was going to be a boarderline 1st day pick before injuries ruined his Senior season. That surely knocked him down on the draft board. He has talent, but was again injured this season and placed on I.R. I hope he can stay healthy and we can see what we have in him in 2008 and 2009.

You need to look past that. Stuckey was going to be a boarderline 1st day pick before injuries ruined his Senior season. That surely knocked him down on the draft board. He has talent, but was again injured this season and placed on I.R. I hope he can stay healthy and we can see what we have in him in 2008 and 2009.

All the more reason to not rely on him. Same thing that you've killed Chad for (and I agree with). Are we to go into 2008 and be "shocked" with his 3rd "freak injury" in as many seasons? Until he's proven himself reliable, he is unreliable.

I prefer a real third WR. I didn't care as much earlier in the season, but neither Smith nor JMac can get friggin' open. It isn't all height or speed. Chrebet used to get open almost at will & he's slower & shorter than either one. Some guys just have a feel for how to juke the CB and some do not. Anyone think T.O. runs a 4.3 right now? Yeah, right. I haven't seen him burn anyone all season. Sure he's tall, but really not much taller than JMac (maybe 1") & in straightaway speed I'm sure is slower as well. T.O. just gets open & it's not b/c the defense "forgets" about him.

A simple physical injury to Coles wouldn't concern me too much. Concussions concern me, though. He's had a couple (that we know of) in the past 12 months. That, combined with the lack of anything after him & Cotchery, tells me we need to get another WR this off-season. Stuckey's development (or potential development) does not preclude this. Let's say Stuckey develops into a solid #3. Well Coles isn't going to be here past 2009 - at the latest - anyway.

IrishJet has a raging hard-on for DJ Hackett. I like Hackett a lot. But there are only so many high-priced FA's we can acquire in 1 off-season. I have NO problem giving bucks to him, but not if it means we then go with Porkchop Womack instead of Justin Smiley or Isaac Sopoaga instead of Ethan Kelley as every-down starters b/c we gave that money to a player who will be #3 on the WR depth chart.

All the more reason to not rely on him. Same thing that you've killed Chad for (and I agree with). Are we to go into 2008 and be "shocked" with his 3rd "freak injury" in as many seasons? Until he's proven himself reliable, he is unreliable.

I prefer a real third WR. I didn't care as much earlier in the season, but neither Smith nor JMac can get friggin' open. It isn't all height or speed. Chrebet used to get open almost at will & he's slower & shorter than either one. Some guys just have a feel for how to juke the CB and some do not. Anyone think T.O. runs a 4.3 right now? Yeah, right. I haven't seen him burn anyone all season. Sure he's tall, but really not much taller than JMac (maybe 1") & in straightaway speed I'm sure is slower as well. T.O. just gets open & it's not b/c the defense "forgets" about him.

A simple physical injury to Coles wouldn't concern me too much. Concussions concern me, though. He's had a couple (that we know of) in the past 12 months. That, combined with the lack of anything after him & Cotchery, tells me we need to get another WR this off-season. Stuckey's development (or potential development) does not preclude this. Let's say Stuckey develops into a solid #3. Well Coles isn't going to be here past 2009 - at the latest - anyway.

IrishJet has a raging hard-on for DJ Hackett. I like Hackett a lot. But there are only so many high-priced FA's we can acquire in 1 off-season. I have NO problem giving bucks to him, but not if it means we then go with Porkchop Womack instead of Justin Smiley or Isaac Sopoaga instead of Ethan Kelley as every-down starters b/c we gave that money to a player who will be #3 on the WR depth chart.

Smiley is no longer an option IMO

His shoulder is F'd up, when that happens to a OL, they go kaput real fast

I thought he just dislocated it badly enough to need surgery.

you know i am a BAMA fan.. not good for JS

Dr. James Andrews confirmed that 49ers G Justin Smiley has an anterior tear of his right labrum. Smiley will be placed on I.R., ending his season.

Smiley will have surgery next Tuesday. The fourth-year player and former second-round pick will nonetheless be a hot name on the unrestricted free agent next offseason. David Baas will take over at right guard for the Niners

you know i am a BAMA fan.. not good for JS

Dr. James Andrews confirmed that 49ers G Justin Smiley has an anterior tear of his right labrum. Smiley will be placed on I.R., ending his season.

Smiley will have surgery next Tuesday. The fourth-year player and former second-round pick will nonetheless be a hot name on the unrestricted free agent next offseason. David Baas will take over at right guard for the Niners

oh crap. Didn't see that. Sounds pretty painful.

I don't even know who we target. I really wanted one of the "overpriced" guys from last offseason: Dockery, Steinbach, Davis, Dielman (though it seems Dielman was willing to take less $ to stay with SD).

This OL needs what Faneca once was. I've seen too many Steelers fans who now can't wait until he's off the team. Doesn't mean he'd be a bad player, but it may very well mean you don't throw $7-8M/yr his way. Of course, put Adrian Clarke on their team at LG and they'd be longing for Faneca after one possession.

Archived