Why draft McFadden?

BigOrangeJetFan

I thought you needed an offensive line for a back to be successful. Don't we need a nose tackle and some O line help first? Drafting a back would doom us to more 3-4 win seasons.

I agree with you on the OL, but I just don't see any NT's in this draft.

Maybe the Jets can get lucky in the mid to late rounds, but I don't see anyone early.

I thought you needed an offensive line for a back to be successful. Don't we need a nose tackle and some O line help first? Drafting a back would doom us to more 3-4 win seasons.

Well, im not so in favor of taking mcfadden either, but it is definately possible to find good OLmen in the later rds. I think we should get a pass rusher or another corner if we go defense (no big NT good enough for rd1), and a WR or OL if we go offense.

If we are the have the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft and McFadden is still there then its a no-brainer to pick him based off value. Even though alot of people don't like the idea - and its similar to the Reggie Bush scenerio in N.O., its the best idea unless they find a suiter who would pay us off in picks.

Yeah and hows that Reggie Bush deal looking for the Saints now?

Im sure they wouldve preferred an OL/DLman if you asked now.

My problem w/ taking McFadden is more about what do we do w/ Jones/Leon...

I understand adding a playmaker to this mundane offense but we have TJ signed for a few more years and I want to see Leon get MORE touches not less.

That's just it, I don't think he's gonna be more of a playmaker than Leon!

My problem w/ taking McFadden is more about what do we do w/ Jones/Leon...

I understand adding a playmaker to this mundane offense but we have TJ signed for a few more years and I want to see Leon get MORE touches not less.

Cut Thomas Jones. I don't care how much money they have to eat. Cut him. Thomas Jones ****ing sucks.

As for Leon, I don't think he's an every down guy. We wouldn't know though, because for some reason, a 3-11 team feels the need to give its crappy 30 year old RB 25 carries and its electrifying second year RB one in a completely meaningless game.

Yes we need to improve the Oline but Rome wasnt built in a day. And this franchise aint getting things turned around over night. You select McFadden because he is the best player in the draft. Period.

Its up to Tangini to get creative via the draft and free agency to upgrade the Oline.

Cut Thomas Jones. I don't care how much money they have to eat. Cut him. Thomas Jones ****ing sucks.

As for Leon, I don't think he's an every down guy. We wouldn't know though, because for some reason, a 3-11 team feels the need to give its crappy 30 year old RB 25 carries and its electrifying second year RB one in a completely meaningless game.

It's amazing that Thomas Jones somehow managed to gain a thousand yards running behind perhaps the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL and the most predictable 1st down playcalling we have ever seen, how many 2 yard runs did we see on 1st down this season? I'd have to say close to a hundred-he ain't the problem

i say drafting Chris Long since he fits really nice at the DE spot in the 3-4 or trade down to get more picks. Perhaps picking up OL and DL men along the way or even a RB.

yeah, I think that Long makes the most sense considering team needs and draft position, but there are some appealing DEs going into FA this year too(Jared Allen,T.Suggs, J.Smith) Mcfadden would be tough to pass up if he is sitting there for us.

Off topic but I believe Albert Haynesworth is an UFA going into 08, and is one of the premier DTs in the game. Haynesworth has been banged up this season, but when he is starting for the Titans they go from being a push over against the run to a very respectable defensive line. He is only 26 and is listed at 6'6" 320lbs

yeah, I think that Long makes the most sense considering team needs and draft position, but there are some appealing DEs going into FA this year too(Jared Allen,T.Suggs, J.Smith) Mcfadden would be tough to pass up if he is sitting there for us.

Off topic but I believe Albert Haynesworth is an UFA going into 08, and is one of the premier DTs in the game. Haynesworth has been banged up this season, but when he is starting for the Titans they go from being a push over against the run to a very respectable defensive line. He is only 26 and is listed at 6'6" 320lbs

I watched that KC game yesterday and Jared Allen is pretty good-he can rush the passer-something we haven't seen a lineman do all year here

Haynesworth is a free agent. my list pver the offseason

DRAFT DAY(1st pick only)

1) 3rd pick in the nfl draft the new york jets select Darren Mcfadden RB out of Arkansas.

2) Breaking news- New rork jets trade LB Johnathan Vilma to cincinatti for a 1st round draft pick.

Free Agency

3) Breaking News- New york Jets sign Terrel Suggs.

4) Breaking News- New York Jets sign Alan Faneca.

DRAFT DAY(1st pick only)

1) 3rd pick in the nfl draft the new york jets select Darren Mcfadden RB out of Arkansas.

2) Breaking news- New rork jets trade LB Johnathan Vilma to cincinatti for a 1st round draft pick.

Free Agency

love your list although I think its just wishfull thinking that we could get that kind of value for Vilma. I think its more likely that we get a 3rd or 4th rder for him depending on his rehab time, and ability top pass any future physicals. The Lions are a team that could possibly looking for an upgrade at MLB in the 4-3, unless they think Paris Lenon is the answer, but my opinion is that he is not. Suggs is interesting because he is the kind of hybrid DE that Mangini could use as an OLB

DRAFT DAY(1st pick only)

2) Breaking news- New rork jets trade LB Johnathan Vilma to cincinatti for****Chad Johnson****

Free Agency

there I fixed it for you #10

Yes we need to improve the Oline but Rome wasnt built in a day. And this franchise aint getting things turned around over night. You select McFadden because he is the best player in the draft. Period.

Its up to Tangini to get creative via the draft and free agency to upgrade the Oline.

And then we'll have 3 rb's running into defenders for 1 yd gains or less!!

Archived