Some people want mcfadden because...

NYjet10

Let's secure our exscuses for next year for why we suck. Lets draft all the sexy picks and not fix the line. " well the rookie is not cutting it, the incumbant starter has lost a step' Hell tj hit 1000 yds behind our suck ass line. Build a good line and tj will run better, leon could do serious damage with a good hole to the 2nd level. Play action will be back and we will win alot more games. I think there are a lot of good things that we do, we just need a better line.

Semper fi

Run DMC is one of those guys you don't pass on period. Parcells won't be able to pass on him, and if he does he will be able to trade down.

In fact please do me a favor and don't mention McFadden anymore cause he's not going to be an option for the Jets.

Do you think he is big enough to carry the load? He has a smaller height weight ratio than Leon Washington, his hips are closer to Todd Pinkston than any real NFL RB. Could you see him making the move to WR? Lets face it, RUN DMC is 6'2" 215 and Andre Johnson is 6'2" 225.

Run DMC is one of those guys you don't pass on period. Parcells won't be able to pass on him, and if he does he will be able to trade down.

In fact please do me a favor and don't mention McFadden anymore cause he's not going to be an option for the Jets.

bit- i think BP will lean towards Dorsey, Phins need a lot of help on Dline

and RB is not such a need with R brown and chatham. I could see him

trading down but Pokes picks are not high enuff for this weak draft class

bit- i think BP will lean towards Dorsey, Phins need a lot of help on Dline

and RB is not such a need with R brown and chatham.

chatham friggin sucks. It will come down to the medical reports on R Brown's rehab but if there is any doubt Parcells will have to take Best Available Player, which is DMC.

Also the Cowboys could package multiple picks plus a player for DMC. Jerry Jones went to Arkansas there is no way he's gonna sit on the sidelines and watch the best Razorback for 40 years just waltz his way into the league without getting involved.

I would think Parcells would have learned from the trade down debacle of 1997 and just take the player. I also can't understand Jets fans saying pass on Dmac when they would be lucky to have him on the clock at all.

chatham friggin sucks. It will come down to the medical reports on R Brown's rehab but if there is any doubt Parcells will have to take Best Available Player, which is DMC.

Also the Cowboys could package multiple picks plus a player for DMC. Jerry Jones went to Arkansas there is no way he's gonna sit on the sidelines and watch the best Razorback for 40 years just waltz his way into the league without getting involved.

I would think Parcells would have learned from the trade down debacle of 1997 and just take the player. I also can't understand Jets fans saying pass on Dmac when they would be lucky to have him on the clock at all.

chatham played well as a backup, he is not a star but he ran well for Phins

when his number was called..

BP will take package from Pokes if MB3 is in deal, that is my biggest fear

People say that mcfadden's size is an issue, i do not see it, the dude is the best RB in college i have evah seen since Bo, AP was always hurt in college

People say that mcfadden's size is an issue, i do not see it, the dude is the best RB in college i have evah seen since Bo, AP was always hurt in college

agreed he's an absolute stud. Basically any team without Ladanian, AP or Steven Jackson type of top tier runner on the roster can't justify passing on DMC.

Most of McFaddens great runs have been out of the gimmick option style set or, where he uses his speed to get to the outside. He wont have that luxury in the NFL as the hash marks are tighter.

The jury is still out on McFadden. His ability to run out of a pro sytle set between the tackles is yet to be determined.

People want McFadden because every year people want the player over hyped as the best (insert position) since (insert HOF player)

Every once in awhile they are a good player.

Not often

Agree and when Jones is washed up a few years from now there will be another big name RB in the draft or FA.........Fix the OL and get consistent QB play and we will be fine.

Agree and when Jones is washed up a few years from now there will be another big name RB in the draft or FA.........Fix the OL and get consistent QB play and we will be fine.

Exactly.

The running back situation will work out by itself once the oline and QB situation are settled.

Peterson was the exception last year, as he was a once in a lifetime talent. McFadden is not on his level.

Our biggest need is d line. However, if Mcfadden is available you take him. Or You fleece the cowboys for him. Their picks aren't that high, who do you think they would throw in as a player to be named?

If the Jets take McFadden I will absolutely puke. We'll have too much money tied up in the RB position with an O line that sucks. He's a "toy" we don't need at this moment. I want defense first and I'll settle for Chris Long or Calais Campbell when we pick.

Hopefully, we can trade for or sign an established O line player or two.

Exactly.

The running back situation will work out by itself once the oline and QB situation are settled.

Peterson was the exception last year, as he was a once in a lifetime talent. McFadden is not on his level.

Peterson also has a GREAT OL infront of him.

See Blair Thomas, Reggie Bush!

chatham played well as a backup, he is not a star but he ran well for Phins

when his number was called..

BP will take package from Pokes if MB3 is in deal, that is my biggest fear

AP was NOT always hurt in collage! Why do people say this. He missed 3 games as a sophmore, sprained ankle. And Broke his collarbone as a senior, diving into the end zone. That is not always hurt!

Its helped, no question. But a lot of his big runs this year had just as much to do with his god given ability as it did to the guys in front of him.

I agree that he would be effective behind most any line in the league. But I do think his great OL has helped pad his stats. Not taking anything away from the kid because he is great. He is also a totally different type of back than McFadden coming out and if you don't see that - you really need to get a clue.

I agree that he would be effective behind most any line in the league. But I do think his great OL has helped pad his stats. Not taking anything away from the kid because he is great. He is also a totally different type of back than McFadden coming out and if you don't see that - you really need to get a clue.

Im sure you said the same thing about Bush- no reason for the hostility.

Fact of the matter is, McFadden plays in a gimmick offense. Most of his runs through the middle come out of him playing QB or through the option- something he wont be able to do in the pros. I havent seen enough of him out of the eye formation running down hill, getting power yards.

McFaddens speed is his best asset, but watch some of his highlights, theyre from him on the short side of the field where he gets the corner- that will be mimized at the next level, hash's are wider, defenses are faster.

McFadden could very well turn out to be a beast, but Im not completely sold yet.

Tomlinson played in a gimmick type set to and turned out to be a stud, but I dont think Mcfadden is as good either.

Fact of the matter is, McFadden plays in a gimmick offense. Most of his runs through the middle come out of him playing QB or through the option- something he wont be able to do in the pros. I havent seen enough of him out of the eye formation running down hill, getting power yards.

McFaddens speed is his best asset, but watch some of his highlights, theyre from him on the short side of the field where he gets the corner- that will be mimized at the next level, hash's are wider, defenses are faster.

McFadden could very well turn out to be a beast, but Im not completely sold yet.

Tomlinson played in a gimmick type set to and turned out to be a stud, but I dont think Mcfadden is as good either.

Did you really watch DMC run or not, he played with a terrible QB and had to run with 8 in the box all year!!! He had to play some QB cause his QB was a

D1ck and pitiful for 90% of the year.

He runs with power ..ran all over my tide and had it not for cramps Arkansas

would have beat my tide.

He is at #1 on every scouting combine's charts

Did you really watch DMC run or not, he played with a terrible QB and had to run with 8 in the box all year!!! He had to play some QB cause his QB was a

D1ck and pitiful for 90% of the year.

He runs with power ..ran all over my tide and had it not for cramps Arkansas

would have beat my tide.

He is at #1 on every scouting combine's charts

Power? All I saw was speed through huge holes.

as far as #1 on scouts charts, so was BT and RB!!

If I came off as hostile I apologize. I don't like McFadden at all at this point and feel his size clearly projects him as a WR at the next level.

McFadden is better than Reggie Bush. More physical, can handle the load, faced better competition, just better overall game. He's not Peterson, but nobody is. If we shore up the Oline in free agency, McFadden is a no brainer pick for us. This draft is nothing special, unfortunately.

And that being said, I'm not completely sold on McFadden either. I dont see him make anybody miss often enough like a LT or AD. But there is no question that he is the best talent in this draft.

We need a playmaker on this offense. Bottom line.

agree on both counts.

Archived