Randy Moss

4HCrew

For being such a malcontent..... he knew they were not going to throw to him alot and he did a hell of a job blocking the whole game. Where are the critics now?

His critics had very good reasons to blast him. He is the most talented WR to ever play the game and his attitude this year has been terrific. Why did he coast in Oakland? The great ones play all out in all situations, not just when everything is perfect for them. They never give up. They deserve the benefit of doubt. Moss does not.

His critics had very good reasons to blast him. He is the most talented WR to ever play the game and his attitude this year has been terrific. Why did he coast in Oakland? The great ones play all out in all situations, not just when everything is perfect for them. They never give up. They deserve the benefit of doubt. Moss does not.

Moss was not the only one nor even the first player to give up trying in Oakland. The whole team stopped giving it their all. It was just that being Moss was so much better than others it was a lot more obvious.

If the folk around him are playing at 90%, he has no problem playing at 10%. But if everybody around him is playing at 100%, so will he. Is that ideal, maybe - maybe not. But I really can't blame him for saying, "hey if you guys who have less talent than me aren't giving it your all, don't look to me to carry the team" and look to get traded to a team where everybody puts out 100%.

Moss was not the only one nor even the first player to give up trying in Oakland. The whole team stopped giving it their all. It was just that being Moss was so much better than others it was a lot more obvious.

If the folk around him are playing at 90%, he has no problem playing at 10%. But if everybody around him is playing at 100%, so will he. Is that ideal, maybe - maybe not. But I really can't blame him for saying, "hey if you guys who have less talent than me aren't giving it your all, don't look to me to carry the team" and look to get traded to a team where everybody puts out 100%.

Totally understandable. It is the same thing many players would do in the same situation.

Just not the truly great ones. Rice, Alworth, Warfield. Talent and character.

He was injured in Oakland. An injury that nagged him all season long.

The same one that nagged him this pre-season? That miraculously healed in time for the first regular season game? Funny how he is injured only when he does not want to play.

That's all find and dandy in Oakland, but what about his giving up and attitude in Minnesota...he was fine when they were winning there. But, when the ship started to sink, so did his attitude.

The thing is, would Moss be such a "choir boy" if he was playing on a 4-12 team?

Good point.

Moss has far exceeded my expectations. But let's be real. Would he be a model citizen if the team stunk? Maybe. Maybe not. I lean towards not.

how many players are model citizens when their team stinks? lets see over the years TO has acted up, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, BRETT FAVRE,Ray Lewis so on and so forth..maybe it comes from hating to lose and having to deal with questionable coaching decisions , play calling and organizational moves..the same things the fans bitch and moan about.

how many players are model citizens when their team stinks? lets see over the years TO has acted up, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, BRETT FAVRE,Ray Lewis so on and so forth..maybe it comes from hating to lose and having to deal with questionable coaching decisions , play calling and organizational moves..the same things the fans bitch and moan about.

shhhhh. No one wants to hear that. Moss is a thug, end of story apparently.

maybe it comes from respecting his coaching staff and organization...

How about respecting yourself? Being a pro. Like even Keyshawn Johnson did by playing his heart out despite playing for Rich Kotite and Leon Hess. He waited until after the season to make his feelings known. Not giving up during the season.

Totally understandable. It is the same thing many players would do in the same situation.

Just not the truly great ones. Rice, Alworth, Warfield. Talent and character.

Yeah, Rice was definitely more classy than Moss. Demanding you be traded mid-season, because you don't like how things are going shows a much greater level of character than waiting until the end of the season. :confused:

Moss is self centered, but Rice makes Moss look like a choir boy.

How about respecting yourself? Being a pro. Like even Keyshawn Johnson did by playing his heart out despite playing for Rich Kotite and Leon Hess. He waited until after the season to make his feelings known. Not giving up during the season.

"Just Throw Me The Damn Ball"....that's all I have to say.

Yeah, Rice was definitely more classy than Moss. Demanding you be traded mid-season, because you don't like how things are going shows a much greater level of character than waiting until the end of the season. :confused:

Did it affect Rice's play? Did he fake an injury?

I guess when Moss broke Rice's record for TDs in a season, it must have been because of Rice's infamous bad character that Moss decided to pay him no respect whatsoever and instead attack media types for not kissing his a$$ before the season started.

Did it affect Rice's play? Did he fake an injury?

I guess when Moss broke Rice's record for TDs in a season, it must have been because of Rice's infamous bad character that Moss decided to pay him no respect whatsoever and instead attack media types for not kissing his a$$ before the season started.

Ok, so Moss gives the media an FU for calling him "past his prime," "washed up," "malcontent" and a host of other less then flattering comments and we should care why?

Who cares if Moss did not tongue Rice either. This is not baseball. Records do not mean as much in football as they did in baseball. Hank Aaron's gesture to Bonds was above and beyond as Baonds took the mantle even taintedly. What was Moss to say? "Thanks Jerry and the NFL players association for fightinh for your rights and not coming to an agreement in time for a strike, otherwise the record would probably be 30."

Ok, so Moss gives the media an FU for calling him "past his prime," "washed up," "malcontent" and a host of other less then flattering comments and we should care why?

Because some kiss ups are now trying to say Moss's character isn't all that bad. Well, yes it is. Moss played possum to get out of Oakland for a 4th round pick. The media was wrong for concluding he was washed up based upon the false evidence Moss was providing them???

Don't forget about the time Jerry threw his helmet on the sidelines in a hissy fit during a blowout Raiders victory because he failed to catch a pass for the first time in God knows how long.

Randy Moss is a piece of ****, but Jerry Rice is right there with him in my book.

Because some kiss ups are now trying to say Moss's character isn't all that bad. Well, yes it is. Moss played possum to get out of Oakland for a 4th round pick. The media was wrong for concluding he was washed up based upon the false evidence Moss was providing them???

Maybe they are trying to say he is not the anti-christ everyone makes him out to be.

Is Randy a model citizen or teammate? No. He caused trouble in Oakland and Minnesota. No doubt. However he is not OJ, Rae Carruth, Ray Lewis or Leonard Little people are liken him to. Put him in an environemnt with a clear and defined structure he can flourish. Like Corey Dillon.

potw nom

Archived