Tom Coughlin vs. Eric Mangini

AFJF

I have to admit, I thought/think Coughlin is a moron that had lost the team and was basically a lame duck this season. Especially after losing Tiki and with Strahan half out the door. He's not, though I'm still hate him as a coach. He is ten times the petty hardass that Mangini is. On the bright side, if the Giants can put together a decent team with him, there is no reason to worry that FAs will be afraid to come to the Jets.

no good coach loses at all??? huh?

Not in NY! anything but greatness is deemed a failure by the fans and media. Tom Coughlin was almost fired after getting into the playoffs for the second straight year after last season. People want Mangini's head on a stick after this year. There is little room for error in NY.

What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago it was "mangenius" and Tom "why does he still have a job" Coughlin.

Sports can be a funny thing sometimes.

Coughlin is a Grade A certified douchebag. Mangini? Not even close.

What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago it was "mangenius" and Tom "why does he still have a job" Coughlin.

Sports can be a funny thing sometimes.

12 months ago it was like Mangini was reinventing the NFL Head Coach position. Everyone in the media and fans were going ga-ga over him showing boxing matches to the players in practice and making them take quizzes. He was young, innovative and got results.

And then he got a tough schedule.

Doesn't the coach deserve some blame when his best player is "the problem" ?

Tiki would have been a problem on any team. Isnt it funny how there are no longer any anonymous sources in the Giants locker room any more? You dont hear any rumblings about how the team hates Coughlin anymore. There werent any all season.

The guy was simply out for himself. And the Giants are much better off without him.

New Yorks over-reactionary media and fans sure helped create that situation. If you win, your the best in the world, if you lose you are instantly a dunce.

There is no such thing as a good coach losing at all.

Welcome to the bi-polar sports world. Instant gratification.

With all the available outlets for sports, everyone needs their angle. So its a lot easier to ride coattails when things are good and bash when things go wrong. Nobody in the media cares whether its right or wrong, as long as they get their name out there.

I generally don't like watching the NFC east, but last night was just a great game. The Giants' secondary being as depleted as it was, and how hard the linemen were working to get to Romo. Even though i don't like i the Giants, i was glad to see them pull it out, and it's always great watching the Cowboys lose.

Did anyone else get the feeling the New York just wanted it more?

Coughlin was blasted by players in JAX when he left, saying he was secluded, refused to meet with players, unwilling to relent, and actually just a strange and mean guy. I was truly tempted to believe that he hadn't changed his ways, but I always had an underlying feeling that Tiki Barber, Strahan, and Shockey were really a divisive unit looking to oust the guy unfairly for hard training camps. Especially Barber and Strahan. I think it is no coincidence that the fact that Barber is gone and Strahan wasn't around for training camp/preseason that the team as a whole is operating much better and Eli is slowly gaining the reigns. I also think it is no coincidence that Kevin Boss has outperformed Shockey in every aspect of the game in a matter of only 3 or 4 games.

Tiki would have been a problem on any team. Isnt it funny how there are no longer any anonymous sources in the Giants locker room any more? You dont hear any rumblings about how the team hates Coughlin anymore. There werent any all season.

The guy was simply out for himself. And the Giants are much better off without him.

tiki = joke

hope NBC fires him

but he DID autograph a rookie card for me way back lol

Archived