Jets should pick the best wr

TNJet

I would love for them to get Desean Jackson wr California. We need a deep threat and an elite wideout. He runs a 4.29 at 6 ft tall 205 lbs. If not him then Limas Sweed of Texas would be a good pick too. Thoughts?

I havent seen Jackson at that weight, more like 175 at five, eleven. Sweed or Bowman would be my choice in the second.

even though I agree we need offense..but taking him at 6 is a reach.. Btw..there are alot of rb's this year... great rbs.. the strength of the draft..

true thats why we can get one in the 2nd or 3rd,not necessary in the 1st where the wrs drop off after rnd 1.

Look at the teams that advanced in the playoffs-big, strong OLs. We've spent the better part of the last decade laughing at the Jints taking Chris Snee or the Pats taking Logan Mankins. The joke was on us. And yet both SB QBs could've had coffee and cake in the pocket yesterday and most weeks. Even the Packers and Bolts have great OLs. I'm not saying that a great WR would necessarrily be a bad top pick, but without a great OL, skill position guys are pointless. If we have to watch another season of who ever the QB is running for his lifeevery passing play coupled with piss poor run blocking, getting a top flight WR is like putting a Rolls Royce hood ornament on a '72 Dodge Dart.

This next 2 weeks is gonna suck dirty donkey balls.

I could not disagree more. If I were a GM, I would NEVER take a WR in the first round. Most WR's do not become impact players until their 3rd year....if they even become an impact player. It takes time for them to correctly run routes and develop chemistry with a QB. Rookie wideouts, even 1st rounders, often get buried on the depth chart.

A Defensive Line and an Offensive Line are thing we need to improve on the most, if we can't pressure the QB and make him throw mistakes, or if we can't protect the QB enough to let him find the open man, how are we going to win?

As for the QB issue, they said Colt Brennan will drop to the 2-3rd round, so we might be able to pick him up as well.

I would love for them to get Desean Jackson wr California. We need a deep threat and an elite wideout. He runs a 4.29 at 6 ft tall 205 lbs. If not him then Limas Sweed of Texas would be a good pick too. Thoughts?

Not at six...we have real problems

I wouldn't object to taking one in the first. Just with taking one in the top-10 unless he's of the Calvin Johnson sort. You're as likely to get Troy Williamson/Charles Rogers/David Terrell/Mike Williams as Larry Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson/Braylon Edwards.

All the call for "we need playmakers" (not that I disagree) with shrugging off the very foundation that allows playmakers to not look ordinary. The "we can find a RT in round 3" stuff - while it's not untrue, ignores that later round players develop more slowly (generally); it's not just the physical talent.

If both Longs & Clady are gone, I'd "reach" at #6 with a Jeff Otah to plug at RT for a decade before I'd reach at #6 with a 180-lb WR who looks as hit-or-miss as can be simply because he runs like the wind.

A top offensive lineman helps with the running game and pass protection.

A top defensive lineman helps stuff the run and occupy blockers to free up our LB'ers for rushing the passer.

A speedy WR only helps if there's enough time for him to run his route. If it was otherwise, every team would simply grab speedsters & their passing games would take off. Last guy to try that got fired.

Plaxico Burress put on a clinic yesterday. The Jets need a tall burner like him.Too bad this year WRs in the draft are weak.

He only got that chance because the OL kept the running ame going and kept their QB upright and gave him time. I can't help but beat this to death-if we don't get strong up front on both sides of the ball, we're wasting our time. 1st round WRs Jets have taken-

1980-Lam Jones, for whom we traded 2 picks to the Niners 2 picks, losing out on Anthony Munoz;

1985-Al Toon-a good pick undone by injury, but we passed on jerry Rice:

1990-took Rob Moore in the supplmental draft, missing out on Brett Favre in the 1991 draft;

1996-Peyton manning refuses to come out; Jets take Keyshawn Johnson, passing on Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Eddie George and Marvin Harrrison, Mushin Muhammed, Eddie Kennison, Lawyr Milloy, Teddy Bruschi, Amani Toomer, Brian Dawkins, Terrell Owens, Leroi Glover and that annoying sheet Zach Thomas.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/

Conclusion-there have been a lot of bad drafts made by the Jets. The video can be quickly found. But they'e been much bigger mistakes when the Jets take a WR 1st.

He only got that chance because the OL kept the running ame going and kept their QB upright and gave him time. I can't help but beat this to death-if we don't get strong up front on both sides of the ball, we're wasting our time. 1st round WRs Jets have taken-

1980-Lam Jones, for whom we traded 2 picks to the Niners 2 picks, losing out on Anthony Munoz;

1985-Al Toon-a good pick undone by injury, but we passed on jerry Rice:

1990-took Rob Moore in the supplmental draft, missing out on Brett Favre in the 1991 draft;

1996-Peyton manning refuses to come out; Jets take Keyshawn Johnson, passing on Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Eddie George and Marvin Harrrison, Mushin Muhammed, Terry Glen, Eddie Kennison, Lawyr Milloy, Teddy Bruschi, Amani Toomer, Brian Dawkins, Terrell Owens, Leroi Glover and that annoying sheet Zach Thomas.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/

Conclusion-there have been a lot of bad drafts made by the Jets. The video can be quickly found. But they'e been much bigger mistakes when the Jets take a WR 1st.

Terry Glenn? Didn't she come out a year or 2 earlier when Parcells was with the Patsies?

Archived