Shaun Rogers From JetsCentral

SoFlaJets

i would be very pleased if in run situations we had:

coleman, rogers, d rob

and in passing we had

coleman, d rob, ellis

Give some snaps to Pouah here and there to make sure D-rob won't tire out. That would take our average to below average D-line and push it passed respecatable.

For all you d-rob bashers, he had good to great QB pressures this year, and is pretty good at getting into the backfield on running plays. If we take the, "occupying blockers" out of his resume he could be a very nice DT for us in the 34/43.

i would be very pleased if in run situations we had:

coleman, rogers, d rob

and in passing we had

coleman, d rob, ellis

Give some snaps to Pouah here and there to make sure D-rob won't tire out. That would take our average to below average D-line and push it passed respecatable.

For all you d-rob bashers, he had good to great QB pressures this year, and is pretty good at getting into the backfield on running plays. If we take the, "occupying blockers" out of his resume he could be a very nice DT for us in the 34/43.

Rogers and DRob is probably going to be too much money in DTs. Most scenario for Rogers coming is DRob goes and they use his money on Rogers. Good point about the weight greenseed. That's why I think it's important to have a rotation at a position that is so easily worn down. Better to have a couple of decent guys going ball out every play they are on field.

This guy could automatically make us a MUCH MUCH improved defense. This is a legit run stuffer, you get a guy like Shaun Rogers then you can see how Vilma can do in a 3-4 when he is able to run around a little more (although he might be traded to get him). The FO needs to pull the trigger on this one, get this deal done, no other player we could get could step in and improve the Jets so drastically and immediately like he could.

...Prob wont happen though...

This guy could automatically make us a MUCH MUCH improved defense. This is a legit run stuffer, you get a guy like Shaun Rogers then you can see how Vilma can do in a 3-4 when he is able to run around a little more (although he might be traded to get him). The FO needs to pull the trigger on this one, get this deal done, no other player we could get could step in and improve the Jets so drastically and immediately like he could.

...Prob wont happen though...

WOW Shaun Rogers alone is gonna improve the Jets..............WOW

Rogers and DRob is probably going to be too much money in DTs. Most scenario for Rogers coming is DRob goes and they use his money on Rogers. Good point about the weight greenseed. That's why I think it's important to have a rotation at a position that is so easily worn down. Better to have a couple of decent guys going ball out every play they are on field.

no one will pay d-rob the kind of money he is presently making. I have a feeling we will renegotiate him to keep him in New York for far less. It's not like cap money is the issue, and we already know what we have in Robertson.

I could definatly see them both playing for the Jets. Knowing our front office, we're more likely to go after someone in retirement....oh well.

Jets run a 2 gap scheme. His only job is and will be to occupy blockers first and foremost.

Jets run a 2 gap scheme. His only job is and will be to occupy blockers first and foremost.

if you take the "lawyering" out of my resume i'm a pretty good attorney. RSJ is right here kiddo.

no one will pay d-rob the kind of money he is presently making. I have a feeling we will renegotiate him to keep him in New York for far less. It's not like cap money is the issue, and we already know what we have in Robertson.

I could definatly see them both playing for the Jets. Knowing our front office, we're more likely to go after someone in retirement....oh well.

If you want to complain about a front office making mistakes then I wouldn't worry if they don't pursue Rogers. He has a pretty high bust factor. He is in danger of being cut, but people here want to move Vilma for him and Vilma, no matter how ill fitting, is a starting ILB. Cap money may not be an issue in keeping both, but the cap is always an issue. Can we get better players with that money? If so then it's a mistake spending on these two. I think DRob will command a pretty big salary somewhere for a Cover-2 team. Either the Jets like him more than the messageboards (and pay him accordingly) or I think he's gone.

What's with all of this, "lets move DRob" crap. It isn't his contract year, he's been the best contributor on this DL for the last 2 seasons, and he's getting better.

Is he out of position? maybe. But it sure isn't killing his production. The fact that he is scheduled to make the big bucks this year is a result of drafting a high-pick in the first round. He can still renegotiate his contract, turn some of his salary into bonus... but, traded or not, we will take a significant cap hit from him anyway.

BTW, Has everyone forgotten about his bad knees?

If you want to complain about a front office making mistakes then I wouldn't worry if they don't pursue Rogers. He has a pretty high bust factor. He is in danger of being cut, but people here want to move Vilma for him and Vilma, no matter how ill fitting, is a starting ILB. Cap money may not be an issue in keeping both, but the cap is always an issue. Can we get better players with that money? If so then it's a mistake spending on these two. I think DRob will command a pretty big salary somewhere for a Cover-2 team. Either the Jets like him more than the messageboards (and pay him accordingly) or I think he's gone.

Good post. It goes without being said that it depends on what we need to give up for him. Still if the price is right Rodgers is worth the risk.

he plays well in specific roles. If it's a passing down he gets a decent rush, if its a running down, he could occupy blockers, if he were playing LDE in the 34.

I don't know too much about Rogers, but his size would be nice to have. It the FO excepts the smaller front year in and year out, hopefully this is the year we make a change. Even if it's with a different DT/NT.

What's with all of this, "lets move DRob" crap. It isn't his contract year, he's been the best contributor on this DL for the last 2 seasons, and he's getting better.

Is he out of position? maybe. But it sure isn't killing his production. The fact that he is scheduled to make the big bucks this year is a result of drafting a high-pick in the first round. He can still renegotiate his contract, turn some of his salary into bonus... but, traded or not, we will take a significant cap hit from him anyway.

BTW, Has everyone forgotten about his bad knees?

I don't know who is looking at "moving DROB". It's just obvious that the Jets shouldn't pay him $9M this year. He'll probably agree to restructure, but it might be in his best interests to refuse and test the market depending on the Jets offer.

Not sure what you're getting at with the knees. Since when are bad knees a reason to keep a guy making tons of money? Or do you mean they can't trade him? I don't really think they can trade him anyway.

I don't know who is looking at "moving DROB". It's just obvious that the Jets shouldn't pay him $9M this year. He'll probably agree to restructure, but it might be in his best interests to refuse and test the market depending on the Jets offer.

Not sure what you're getting at with the knees. Since when are bad knees a reason to keep a guy making tons of money? Or do you mean they can't trade him? I don't really think they can trade him anyway.

I can see the confusion of my post. I don't think moving Drob is as simple as many people suggest. He was diagnosed with bone-on-bone at the beginning of last season. The same condition that took Martin from us.

The fact that he has been playing well is incredible.. I just don't see a team bending over backward to take a guy (at his salary) with that condition.

I can see the confusion of my post. I don't think moving Drob is as simple as many people suggest. He was diagnosed with bone-on-bone at the beginning of last season. The same condition that took Martin from us.

The fact that he has been playing well is incredible.. I just don't see a team bending over backward to take a guy (at his salary) with that condition.

Yeah, I think he will be cut or will stay on at a salary most people here think is criminally high (read that as slight cut). I don't see him being traded.

Yes it would, I would be a very happy camper. IMO all they would need then is a pass rusher and this would be a very good D.

Sadly, as much as I want this to happen, I know it isn't going to

flgreen is 100% correct and that's what so sad-we all sit at our computers every year-since Woody took over and say "boy that would be great if we sign this guy" and it never friggin happens-one time guys ONE TIME did we all say we should get this or that guy and we actually got him-Ty Law

A lot of really big guys have motor problems. What scares me is the drug suspension. I never believe that diet supplement crap. Sorry. I am sure the league gives these guys some leeway and takes the supplement factor into consideration. These clowns are using performance enhancers, whether they be HGH or greenies or whatever. I do not want a possible 8 game suspension on my team. A jerk, sure, why not? But not a druggie.

A lot of really big guys have motor problems. What scares me is the drug suspension. I never believe that diet supplement crap. Sorry. I am sure the league gives these guys some leeway and takes the supplement factor into consideration. These clowns are using performance enhancers, whether they be HGH or greenies or whatever. I do not want a possible 8 game suspension on my team. A jerk, sure, why not? But not a druggie.

There was a thread on this a short while ago. I fell into the "they all do it group". Not to rehas the entire thread, but IMO, most NFL players have or are using juice or HGH. OTOH, not sure I want the guy that isn't able to get the clean urine in time for test day.

I highly doubt Shaun Rogers is a Jet but the Jets are not going to keep Dewayne Robertson in 2007 if he does not restructure his contract, you would hope. He is scheduled to make more than $10 million and that is a ridiculous amount of money to be paying an under achieving former fourth overall draft choice.

He will most likely be released. He will not be traded.

I have a quick question, why are dietary supplements banned? Was Rogers taking them because he was too heavy?

there are all sorts of "supplements" available otc, online, and even at GNC. some of these supplements, called pro hormones are basically precursors to steroids. some of them have been taken off the market (like andro), but others still remain - all of these will test + for steroids.

there are also numerous other supplements that are designed to change specific hormone levels in the body, to improve protein synthesis, or reduce estrogen or cortisol. some of these are even herbal in nature and will still trigger a positive test for steroids.

i don't know what he took, but with so many things on the market you really need to be careful what you put in your body.

[ Statistically, he had one of the better seasons of his career this past season. 39 tackles, 7 sacks and 1 interception returned for a touchdown.]Shaun Rogers

D-Rob had 57 tackls 4 sacks this year.

61 tackls 2.5 sacks in 2006

The job of a 3-4 NT is not to put up numbers, but to take up space and take on as many blockers as possible.

01:03PM - Shaun Rogers On The Block

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 by Gary Grund

Nicholas J. Cotsonika of the Detroit Free Press is reporting that Lions star defensive tackle is likely a goner either via trade or release.

Rogers

The guy is too tall and lanky to be a NT and way too lazy to get paid what he makes

Lanky?? he is anything but lanky. And there is not such thing as being too tall to play NT; yes there is an ideal height, but if you play with proper leverage and technique there should be no problem. The priority of our 2gap 34 system is to occupy blockers and more blockers and keep your ground, he most certainly does that. I personally would think the hardest part would be getting him to play in the 34, as i remember he commented a few years back on how he didn't like it.

The guy is too tall and lanky to be a NT and way too lazy to get paid what he makes

Lanky?? he is anything but lanky. And there is not such thing as being too tall to play NT; yes there is an ideal height, but if you play with proper leverage and technique there should be no problem. The priority of our 2gap 34 system is to occupy blockers and more blockers and keep your ground, he most certainly does that. I personally would think the hardest part would be getting him to play in the 34, as i remember he commented a few years back on how he didn't like it.

I was going to say, I have never heard a 360 lb man described as "lanky" before. He may be too lazy for his paycheck, but he's not too lanky.

the last time we played The Lions there was a stat up on the screen about how much better Detroit was when he was playing-he's a difference maker and we SHOULD get him but with all these things that fall under "Mangini type players" banner excludes a lot of good solid players that could help this club...look, I don't need some NFL player to be a role model for my kids, I do that myself thank you very much-I want a winning team.

the last time we played The Lions there was a stat up on the screen about how much better Detroit was when he was playing-he's a difference maker and we SHOULD get him but with all these things that fall under "Mangini type players" banner excludes a lot of good solid players that could help this club...look, I don't need some NFL player to be a role model for my kids, I do that myself thank you very much-I want a winning team.

exactly. plus, all this ballyhooed focus on "character" just blows up in your face and makes you look like a hypocrite once the inevitable turd slips through the cracks. anyone who looks up to athletes or encourages their kids to do so at an obsessive level is a moron.

Archived