Broncos | Team expected to trade with Lions

Smizzy

Broncos | Team expected to trade with Lions

Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:27:13 -0800

The Rocky Mountain News reports the Denver Broncos are in deep discussions with the Detroit Lions about trading for DL Shaun Rogers. It is uncertain what the Broncos would give up in return for Rogers, but the deal is expected to be done as early as Monday, Feb. 25, or Tuesday, Feb. 26.

It's ok...we don't need a NT to run the 3-4 defense. Look how well we have run it the last 2 seasons. Drob is a pro bowl NT ,why would we need Rogers?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ok...we don't need a NT to run the 3-4 defense. Look how well we have run it the last 2 seasons. Drob is a pro bowl NT ,why would we need Rogers?

Funny, I didnt know this journalist who broke the story was in charge of trades in the NFL. One guy reports it and all of a sudden it must be true. I'll believe it when I see it done.

Its cool. This trade is probably a precurser for the Roy Williams to NYJ for Robertson and our 3rd round pick; which is the precurser for the Coles to JAX for Peterson; which is the precurser for the Vilma to Rams for their third round draft pick.

:eek:

Its cool. This trade is probably a precurser for the Roy Williams to NYJ for Robertson and our 3rd round pick; which is the precurser for the Coles to JAX for Peterson; which is the precurser for the Vilma to Rams for their third round draft pick.

:eek:

Actually, the Lions denied they were trading Roy Williams, Jaxonville is about to trade for Troy Williamson, and if we really can only get a 3rd rounder for Vilma, that would blow.

This is the paradox of getting annoyed when there's no information regarding our team. People complain when there aren't any rumors, but when they get some vague rumor from a beatwriter and it doesn't turn out to be true everyone gets upset. I was hoping for rogers too, but we never had any legit information saying vilma was going to be traded to the lions for sure. If rogers isn't on the jets than i'm sure there is going to be a reason; if mangini wanted this player badly enough, i'm sure he would tell tanny to find a way to do it. Just because other rumors are coming out we can't get annoyed at our FO until the offseason is over.

This is the paradox of getting annoyed when there's no information regarding our team. People complain when there aren't any rumors, but when they get some vague rumor from a beatwriter and it doesn't turn out to be true everyone gets upset. I was hoping for rogers too, but we never had any legit information saying vilma was going to be traded to the lions for sure. If rogers isn't on the jets than i'm sure there is going to be a reason; if mangini wanted this player badly enough, i'm sure he would tell tanny to find a way to do it. Just because other rumors are coming out we can't get annoyed at our FO until the offseason is over.

Or maybe Mangini and Tannenbaum did want him,but maybe the Broncos wanted him more

Funny that the people who saw that they were doing nothing last offseason got this same response. Howd that turn out?

Actually, the Lions denied they were trading Roy Williams, Jaxonville is about to trade for Troy Williamson, and if we really can only get a 3rd rounder for Vilma, that would blow.

If Jacksonville trades for Troy Williamson, that doesn't mean they won't trade for Coles. Williamson is a complete bust. I'd be surprised if he even makes the team.

If Jacksonville trades for Troy Williamson, that doesn't mean they won't trade for Coles. Williamson is a complete bust. I'd be surprised if he even makes the team.

Word is the deal is for a 2nd round pick. For that kind of compensation, I am pretty sure he sees the 53-man roster.

Funny that the people who saw that they were doing nothing last offseason got this same response. Howd that turn out?

Yes, but what was there to do last offseason?? We've gone over this a few times; there was no one to bring in. Both steinbach and davis got huge contract and thomas signed the first day because he wanted to go to the pats. There wasn't that many people available for us to get, however we did bring in anrews and gay; it's not our fault that andrews was franchised as it seemed we were ready to make a huge run at him, which would have pleased everyone.

Yes, but what was there to do last offseason?? We've gone over this a few times; there was no one to bring in. Both steinbach and davis got huge contract and thomas signed the first day because he wanted to go to the pats. There wasn't that many people available for us to get, however we did bring in anrews and gay; it's not our fault that andrews was franchised as it seemed we were ready to make a huge run at him, which would have pleased everyone.

The Jets are going to pay Faneca (who wasn't as good as Davis last year) more than he got. Thats what happens when your GM is a short signed moron.

Hahaha, sorry GS3, you must've mistaken a 2nd DAY pick for 2nd round pick.

The Jags would have to be brain dead to give a 2nd rder for Williamson, lol.

Jaguars Set To Acquire WR Troy Williamson Monday, February 25th 2008, 9:08 pm by Gary Grund

According to the Pioneer Press, the Jaguars have agreed in principle to trade a second-day pick for Vikings wide receiver Troy Williamson.

Yep, you're right. Damn, well, this changes everything. This is actually great news.

The Jets are going to pay Faneca (who wasn't as good as Davis last year) more than he got. Thats what happens when your GM is a short signed moron.

Short sighted, and you have no idea what he is going to pay him yet. Why don't we wait until he is signed before you start criticizing him. It seems as though he had every intention of signing andrews, but who in there right mind saw him getting franchised? I think bringing him in prior to this season showed tremendous foresight.

Short sighted, and you have no idea what he is going to pay him yet. Why don't we wait until he is signed before you start criticizing him. It seems as though he had every intention of signing andrews, but who in there right mind saw him getting franchised? I think bringing him in prior to this season showed tremendous foresight.

Yeah you're right. They might just not get him and go through another season with an embarrassment of an offensive line.

Funny, I didnt know this journalist who broke the story was in charge of trades in the NFL. One guy reports it and all of a sudden it must be true. I'll believe it when I see it done.

Exactly. I just heard Zack Thomas was going to the Cheaters. :P

Yeah you're right. They might just not get him and go through another season with an embarrassment of an offensive line.

Or they could possibly draft an OG like chilo rachal, heath benedict (i think he'll make a hell of an OG) or Mike McGlyn and he would do an even better job than Faneca at one eigth the price and make our line into an actual strength of our team. But, we have no idea until that happens, so complaining about your GM right now seems a bit premature until we see what actually happens.

Or they could possibly draft an OG like chilo rachal, heath benedict (i think he'll make a hell of an OG) or Mike McGlyn and he would do an even better job than Faneca at one eigth the price and make our line into an actual strength of our team. But, we have no idea until that happens, so complaining about your GM right now seems a bit premature until we see what actually happens.

They need to sign a linemen AND draft 2 more.

Right. He could be Denver's version of Rich Cimini.

If the Jets are looking around and talking to a specific team say to get a NT why would they want that out in the media?.To create competition for some guy there trying to trade for..That would be idiotic..really..Just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean somethings not going on.. Business is not done through the media in the NFL at least not smart business.

If the Jets are looking around and talking to a specific team say to get a NT why would they want that out in the media?.To create competition for some guy there trying to trade for..That would be idiotic..really..Just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean somethings not going on.. Business is not done through the media in the NFL at least not smart business.

Dude, if you think people are losing their minds now over rumors, wait 'til free agency begins and "the accountant" hasn't hadned out $300 million worth of new contracts within the first two hours. It's the same thing every off-season. Two or three players announce FA deals and that automatically means that the Jets didn't try to sigh those players and are currently not contacting any agents to sign the players that are left. It's riddiculous.

Dude, if you think people are losing their minds now over rumors, wait 'til free agency begins and "the accountant" hasn't hadned out $300 million worth of new contracts within the first two hours. It's the same thing every off-season. Two or three players announce FA deals and that automatically means that the Jets didn't try to sigh those players and are currently not contacting any agents to sign the players that are left. It's riddiculous.

It's amazing that some Jet fans can be so unwilling to see reality about this owner and this FO. You know whats ridiculous? How this joke of a FO did nothing as the team fell apart last offseason, but you'd rather kill the messenger as usual. Clueless.

It's amazing that some Jet fans can be so unwilling to see reality about this owner and this FO. You know whats ridiculous? How this joke of a FO did nothing as the team fell apart last offseason, but you'd rather kill the messenger as usual. Clueless.

Unilke you I'll refrain from name calling (what else is new). I'd rather see fiscal responsibility and bringing in multiple quality players as opposed to blowing the whole pile of cash on two guys. That's just me though. I give this FO a pass on last off-season as it was the first they had with any money to play with. If they don't make some moves this off-season I'll be pissed. Unlike some lunatics though, I'll actually wait and see what happens before I judge the results. It's amazing to me that some Jet fans are clueless and don't look at the money Woody has spent since getting here. He hasn't spent it wisely (thanks Herm and Terry) but he has spent a TON of cash on this team. Yet some fools call him cheap because he doesn't spend tens of millions every single off-season. Nice logic.

Or maybe Mangini and Tannenbaum did want him,but maybe the Broncos wanted him more

Or the Broncos want Vilma & this is the Bait they intend to use for trade:

• Rogers & Denver's #1 (2nd overall)

For

• Vilma & New York's #1 (6th overall) & New York's #3 (67th Overall)

Now that would make a little more sense!

Archived