Jets Contact Raiders...

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wes welker PROVES my friggin point that the jets need a playmaker. one guy like that makes every player on the field with him better. see Moss, Randy.

LOL, like the Minnesota WR's with Adrian Peterson???

The Chargers WR's with tomlinson???

No wait, they all have sucked.:roll:

Your talking about a RB dumbass, not a Randy Moss. They're aren't even close to being similar situations.

wes welker PROVES my friggin point that the jets need a playmaker. one guy like that makes every player on the field with him better. see Moss, Randy.

Yes, all we need to do is go to the local Complete Freak Of Nature Tree, where guys like Randy Moss are just waiting to be picked.

LOL, like the Minnesota WR's with Adrian Peterson???

The Chargers WR's with tomlinson???

No wait, they all have sucked.:roll:

Your talking about a RB dumbass, not a Randy Moss. They're aren't even close to being similar situations.

lets see what do those 2 teams have in common? THEY HAD MUCH BETTER OFFENSES THAN THE JETS.

ahh here's the cheering section with no actual coherent points as usual.

Right, because you do so well with rationally discussing coherent points....LOL

:bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll:

How about the Offense??!!? are we forgetting we were one of the worst on offense... I mean how many games of all of u watched?? you thin we signed two o-lineman and now all is fixed?? sorry thats wishfull thinking..

Yeah, and they have 7 draft picks this year to deal with that. There is no reason to give up Coleman and create a huge hole on the D-Line when you already have the #6 pick. They have an OL now which means you will see the talent of guys like Jones, Washington, Cotchery, Coles, Baker, and Franks. Besides that, I think WR is a bigger need than HB right now. You want an explosive Offense? Let's add another WR. Someone who can get it in the endzone when they cross the 20. Bubba Franks should help that situation a little. Trade down and get Malcom Kelly. They addressed the OL already. I wouldn't be against bringing in a QB at some point in the draft too. If nothing else it pushes Clemens and Pennington. They have some playmakers in place and need to add a few for sure. If they stay at 6 and McFadden falls there, I'm okay with that pick too. I just see no reason to compronise what they have to move up two spots when they can grab any number of guys with the pick they have that can come in and make a difference right away. Once again, they do have more than one pick and will hopefully have a couple more by draft day.

This is just posturing by the Jets and smokescreens for other teams. In the last few drafts the Jets know the guy/guys they want and they make the moves to get them. There is still 4 weeks until the NFL draft and I guarantee you that we will be "involved" in trade talks with every team in the league for the picks (so says the NY media). If we want Gholston we will do what it takes to get him, same goes for McFadden, as far as Kenyon Coleman goes, I really dont care if he stays or goes, he has a pretty big salary to be mediocre at best and saying that he was our best lineman last year is like saying he is the smartest kid with down syndrome, the entire line was god awful. Also, this is pretty deep draft for Dline, so it is not out of the realm of probability that we may be targeting someone in the late second or early third that we may move up for. Either way there are 4 elite talents in this draft + matt ryan so that makes 5 players and we pick 6, that is the luck of a jet fan, so as usual instead of being assured a great impact player we are going to have to go get ours if the draft shakes out that way. However, I do think that we will have our pick of Gholston or DMC, because there is no way Parcells can justify to himself taking either with the first pick, he would love to trade down to six with the jets and get gholston (ala, what he did with James Farrior, when he traded the number one (Orlando Pace) to STL), the rams will go with either Long, even if they move Carriker back to end, if i remember correctly on a football team there are two ends, no matter what set you play, Atlanta, who knows, it wont be DMC because of the money they sank into Michael "burner" Turner and they are pretty solid at LB, Oak, has just invested 70 million in Hall, they will owe their other CB around 8-9 million for the franchise tender, they cannot afford to pay DMC and they just gave justin Fargas 4 million a year, they are going to have to take a position that does not have a huge salary number attached to it, i would be worried about someone trading up bc I think they are so cap strapped after Kelly, Hall, they dont want to pick that high. And KC is just stupid and will take Sedrick Ellis.

There are more than four "elite" talents in this draft. Just because the Jets' scheme doesnt perfectly fit the skill sets of Ellis and Dorsey does not make them less than elite talents, especially Dorsey. If there is no injury consideration then Dorsey is hands down the first player taken this year. I also think guys like Rivers, Mendenhall and one or more of the CBs (Cromartie, Talib, McKelvin) will have excellent pro careers.

For the record, I agree with MadMike re Chris Long; I am not sure his skill set makes him a fit at either OLB or DE in Mangini's scheme. But if Jake Long falls to the Jets then they would have to take him. If its possible to have an explosive offensive line?; then this would be it: Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Woody, Long.

Yeah, let's take a guy who has never played DE and has a ridiculous cap number, who's been a complete bust for us, and let's have him replace the one player on our D-line who actually plays well.

Toon your backup is here.

You 2 are ****ing crazy

Okay, IF this rumor is true (and that's a huge if), then I would have to trust Mangini and Tannenbaum's insight on this. I apologize if I offend anyone on this board, but there is no way on God's Green F-ing Earth you can convince me that you know more about this or have a better handle or insight on this situation than they do. IF this is true, you don't think that they have every angle of this thought out, know what they have in Kenyon Coleman and with what they can replace him, what the EXACT monetary impact this would have on the team, have done their homework on McFadden (including interviews and all the necessary scouting of his GAME) and that they basically (like you) have much more important things to do during the day than focus on football, and that they're basically shooting from the hip, taking a crazy, incredibly entertaining shot at this since they are only putting together their fantasy football team and just want to have "fun". I, personally don't think this is true and for those of you that are so SURE that this would be a disaster, I can only imagine the high comedy of one or all of you in a room with Mangini and Tannenbaum telling them why this move is crazy and that you know better than they do.

Again, that is assuming this rumor has any truth in it at all.

P.S. I SAY that Vernon Goulston is the biggest bust in this draft. Go ahead and prove me wrong, Nostradamii.

Okay, IF this rumor is true (and that's a huge if), then I would have to trust Mangini and Tannenbaum's insight on this. I apologize if I offend anyone on this board, but there is no way on God's Green F-ing Earth you can convince me that you know more about this or have a better handle or insight on this situation than they do. IF this is true, you don't think that they have every angle of this thought out, know what they have in Kenyon Coleman and with what they can replace him, what the EXACT monetary impact this would have on the team, have done their homework on McFadden (including interviews and all the necessary scouting of his GAME) and that they're basically (like you) have much more important things to do during the day than focus on football, and that they're basically shooting from the hip, taking a shot on putting together their fantasy team. I, personally don't think this is true and for those of you that are so SURE that this would be a disaster, I can only imagine the high comedy of one or all of you in a room with Mangini and Tannenbaum telling them why this move is crazy and that you know better than they do.

P.S. I SAY that Vernon Goulston is the biggest bust in this draft. Go ahead and prove me wrong, Nostradamii.

Mangini and Tannenbaum can spend all day long thinking about this trade, its financial implications, etc, but for all their thought they cannot be assured that McFadden will be there at #4, which Jet Fuel astutely pointed out 20 pages ago, so there is no ay this rumour is true.

PS. I agree that, besides Ryan, of the prospective top picks Gholston has the best chance to bust, especially if he is asked to play OLB in a 3-4.

Okay, IF this rumor is true (and that's a huge if), then I would have to trust Mangini and Tannenbaum's insight on this. I apologize if I offend anyone on this board, but there is no way on God's Green F-ing Earth you can convince me that you know more about this or have a better handle or insight on this situation than they do. IF this is true, you don't think that they have every angle of this thought out, know what they have in Kenyon Coleman and with what they can replace him, what the EXACT monetary impact this would have on the team, have done their homework on McFadden (including interviews and all the necessary scouting of his GAME) and that they're basically (like you) have much more important things to do during the day than focus on football, and that they're basically shooting from the hip, taking a shot on putting together their fantasy team. I, personally don't think this is true and for those of you that are so SURE that this would be a disaster, I can only imagine the high comedy of one or all of you in a room with Mangini and Tannenbaum telling them why this move is crazy and that you know better than they do.

Could any of us have convinced you that we knew that Adrien ****ing Clarke was going to be a piece of **** waste of space at LG and that he would probably get somebody killed, stall the running game and cause Mangold and Ferguson to regress in their second years?

I would have loved to be in a room with Mangini and Tannebaum where they tried to explain that one to me. I'd probably still be slapping them now.

Kenyon Coleman has 6 years, 73 games total. In his entire career he has 110 solo tackles. 55, repeat 55 came last year in just 16 games alone. Not much in the way of sacks, but it was a breakout year for him.

I think Mangini will not jettison Coleman because Mangini has too much respect for the guy who does his job, especially considering the D-line is already a huge issue for this defense. Coleman may not be a superstar but he works hard and does his job. And he's got some untapped upside (IMO, he too suffered last year from the lack of talent around him).

If this trade happens Manigni and Tannenbaum are *****ing idiots. Kenyon Coleman was by far our best D-lineman last year and to ruin our D-line only to pick up a position that we aren't at heavy need for an even higher cost is absurd. If McFadden falls to us and the coaching staff likes him that much, fine they should draft him. But to trade up and ***** up our defense like that is retarded.

If this trade happens Manigni and Tannenbaum are *****ing idiots. Kenyon Coleman was by far our best D-lineman last year and to ruin our D-line only to pick up a position that we aren't at heavy need for an even higher cost is absurd. If McFadden falls to us and the coaching staff likes him that much, fine they should draft him. But to trade up and ***** up our defense like that is retarded.

So, you're saying that this rumor is not true, then. Fine, I'll buy that.

Jets contact the Raiders to trade up to get Mcfadden

Wed.the 19th Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton reported there was breaking news the the Jets have contacted the Raiders about trading up to Draft McFadden. The trade would allow the Raiders to still draft a top pick from the Jets 6th spot.

Story Link http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/sportswatch.html

Player stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3675

NFL stats 2007 player tackle leaders http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...xperience=null

UPDATE: Thursday 3/20 Lee reported the Raiders want to swap picks plus get D-lineman Kenyon Coleman. Kenyon led ALL defensive lineman in tackles last year!!! He can play DE and DT. He is 6 foot 5 inches and weighs 295. He can play the 4-3 and 3-4. It would give the Jets a superstar and franchise face in NY. The Raiders would get 2 potential starters by still being able to draft one of the top lineman on either side of the ball plus the player involved from the Jets.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ling-mcfadden/

The article above said the Jets would have to move to the Falcons 3rd spot to jump ahead of the Raiders, but sources say the Jets may be able to take the Raiders 4th spot instead with the Raiders going a different direction.

The Falcons signed Michael Turner to a big contract and the only way they would draft Mcfadden is if the Cowboys renewed their interest in him. Then it might be a battle for who wants him most!

That's a lot of hyperlinks for one small rumor no one else is reporting on. So let's look at the links one by one starting from last listed through first:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ling-mcfadden/

These guys are always a fun read, problem is it merely mentions the Jets interest in DMC and how they would have to trade with the FALCONS to get him because the Raiders will not pass on DMC. Actually goes against what is being reported.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...xperience=null and http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3675

This one has nothing to do with DMC and the Jets. They are about how good a player Coleman was last year. ;)

http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/sportswatch.html

Ahh, here we go, finally a link that says that the Jets contacted the Raiders about trading up for DMC in exchange for #6 and Coleman. Problem is evident as soon as you click on this link: it is a friggin' CALIFORNIA RADIO STATION WEBSITE! This California radio station provides no link or source to the "rumor." Do you think there may be some ulterior motives behind such a listing on a radio station's website? I can think of several. One is that Lee "Hacksaw" Smith just got the most pub he will ever get in his life. I also think that the Raiders are simply trying to entice the Cowboys to give up 2 #1's and a huge amount of cap space for a speedy chicken-legged RB that goes down faster than Paris Hilton (thanks to the poster that said this earlier, love it!).

In short, I call bull$hit.

But please, carry on with this nonesense as there really is very little to discuss between now and the draft.

I hope this is just Tangini trying to screw with other teams and getting them to trade up for McFadden as well so they can get someone they actually want.

If they actually trade up and get rid of Coleman that would be a really dumb trade.

Okay, IF this rumor is true (and that's a huge if), then I would have to trust Mangini and Tannenbaum's insight on this. I apologize if I offend anyone on this board, but there is no way on God's Green F-ing Earth you can convince me that you know more about this or have a better handle or insight on this situation than they do. IF this is true, you don't think that they have every angle of this thought out, know what they have in Kenyon Coleman and with what they can replace him, what the EXACT monetary impact this would have on the team, have done their homework on McFadden (including interviews and all the necessary scouting of his GAME) and that they basically (like you) have much more important things to do during the day than focus on football, and that they're basically shooting from the hip, taking a crazy, incredibly entertaining shot at this since they are only putting together their fantasy football team and just want to have "fun". I, personally don't think this is true and for those of you that are so SURE that this would be a disaster, I can only imagine the high comedy of one or all of you in a room with Mangini and Tannenbaum telling them why this move is crazy and that you know better than they do.

You mean like the way they thought out who would replace Kendall? Mike Devito is on the roster. Maybe he can just step in for Coleman. For the most part I do trust these guys. I've been happy with their drafts together (minus Schlegel and maybe Brad Smith - though he has been great on ST). If they trade Coleman just as they finally found a good number of pieces that fit their Defensive system and NO depth at DE, I would have to call them stupid.

I just hope this isn't true because it would be a step back after taking a couple forward.

Im a huge McFadden fan, but at the same time... Why would we go from #6 to #4? Thats insane...

Now if the Chiefs @#5 were looking to grab McFadden, maybe a trade witht he Raiders would make a little more sence, but to trade with the Raiders just to jump over the Chiefs is freaking crazy. Who cares? The Raiders draft McFadden and we draft Gholston but I dont see the Raiders drafting McFadden in the first place, no way would we do a trade like this.

I would rather trade back up into the 1st round with our 2nd round if anything, and grab the best CB or WR on the board.

Tell me how many fumbles McFadden had in 3 years with the Razorbacks,

Then tell me how many carrys he had

Your dealing with a bunch of id$ots half the time..there are a few on here that are knowlegable and know what there talking about..the other nes just say stupid sh*t if they dont like a player... I just wish they showed there ages so then I know exactly who I was responding too..

Your dealing with a bunch of id$ots half the time..there are a few on here that are knowlegable and know what there talking about..the other nes just say stupid sh*t if they dont like a player... I just wish they showed there ages so then I know exactly who I was responding too..

Idiot's who don't know what they're talking about? He's right about McFadden fumbled 15 ****ing times in 2007. That's a lot of fumbles for any back, let alone one you jackasses would be willing to trade half our active roster to get. You also want to give him a contract better then LT's when we are already in good shape in the RB department, when compareing to other positions of need.

I'm sorry but I don't know what an idsot is.:rl:

Just kidding, but that was very bad timing for a spelling mistake. LOL

I would not want to give up half the active roster.. we are not fine with the running backs... how could you watch last year and think we are?? thomas jones is not a home run threat and never will be...leon wahington is a scat back at best... DMC is both of them combined..

I would not want to give up half the active roster.. we are not fine with the running backs... how could you watch last year and think we are?? thomas jones is not a home run threat and never will be...leon wahington is a scat back at best... DMC is both of them combined..

So what you're saying is that DMC is a scatback who is not a homerun threat and never will be????

Interesting...:confused0058:

Archived