If we can't trade, and we can only take either.....

NY JET 29

Who do you take if you have to take one of them?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you take if you have to take one of them?

• Matt Ryan.
    • Darren Mcfadden.

ryan is the next brian griese

I wish Herm was still coaching you guys. You could always count on him to f'up a high draft pick. Herm would probably take ryan at 6 and that would leave gholston for the pats at 7

Unfortunately Manginis and tanny's drafts have been excellent the last 2 years. Ryan is no different than carr, harrington, and a bunch of other high pick qb's who never lived up to their hype.

I wish Herm was still coaching you guys. You could always count on him to f'up a high draft pick. Herm would probably take ryan at 6 and that would leave gholston for the pats at 7

Unfortunately Manginis and tanny's drafts have been excellent the last 2 years. Ryan is no different than carr, harrington, and a bunch of other high pick qb's who never lived up to their hype.

Last year's draft was excellent though we only managed to get two players - albeit two excellent players.

2006 was a different story. Even if you like the first 3 picks- which I don't - the later picks of Schlegel, E-Smith and B-Smith sucked.

Last year's draft was excellent though we only managed to get two players - albeit two excellent players.

2006 was a different story. Even if you like the first 3 picks- which I don't - the later picks of Schlegel, E-Smith and B-Smith sucked.

I think the 2006 draft as a whole sucked. There wasn't a lot of talent in that draft unless your team was totally rebuilding, but you guys got a decent lt and an excellent center in that draft. even though the 4 pick was wasted on Dbrick, the mangold pick more than makes up for it. . he is going to be a top flight center for years

I think the 2006 draft as a whole sucked. There wasn't a lot of talent in that draft unless your team was totally rebuilding, but you guys got a decent lt and an excellent center in that draft. even though the 4 pick was wasted on Dbrick, the mangold pick more than makes up for it. . he is going to be a top flight center for years

D"Brick will come around this year, especially with Faneca next to him.

Wasn't a lot of talent in the 2006 draft? WTF are you talking about? 2005 & 2007 were weak; 2006 was loaded.

And another first-rounder working out does not "more than" make up for such a disappointment at #4. If you find a Marques Colston in round 7 - that makes up for a disappointment at #4 (or in the Saints' case, #2).

A center with a first round grade is expected to be top-notch. Mangold is what he was expected to be.

D'Brick is not nearly what he was expected to be (not so far, anyway). If he doesn't make enormous strides with Faneca next to him, then he's a bust.

Pisses me off b/c they spent so much time with Cutler & didn't take him. Cutler-Mangold-McNeill sure sounds a hell of a lot better than Ferguson-Mangold-Clemens.

Whatever. That's 2 years ago & it's over. These are the guys the Jets have. But the Jets' draft was massively overrated in large part because they had two first round picks and one of them was #4 overall.

Marcus McNeil has some sort of spinal disease or ailment.

Let's revisit this drafting decision in four years when Ferguson has found a way to hold weight, and McNeil is living off his injury settlement checks.

He has nothing of the sort. It is a narrower than average spinal column. There's like a 2% chance he'll have to retire early because of it. He's had it his whole life & it was never a factor. He's had it his first 2 years so far & it hasn't been a factor.

Brick is hardly the worst POS tackle to come out of that draft (that honor goes to Winston Justice). But McNeill is just a superior lineman in every single aspect.

Doesn't matter anymore. Ferguson is who we have. He should be fine.

I'd pick McFadden. We can use him some right away. I don't think we need another QB until we 1) know what we have in Clemens 2) have a way to get Pennington off the payroll.

1) If Clemens is just as bad as last year, then drafting one next year means that's probably 2 seasons written off when you include 2008 (if we're lucky).

2) You can get Pennington off the payroll by cutting or trading him. He will still count against the cap, but it will be a net cap gain of $3M - $6M (depending on when it's done) because his #, if kept, is so high.

Archived