How many runs will Moose give up?

Maxman

I heard "Hooray Rod" hit a 2 run homer when the Yankees were down 5-0.

The Yankees have plenty of offense but their bullpen sucks balls.

LOL.

Yeah Rivera and Chamberlain -- that totally stinks.

Arod padding his stats.... then when it matters... nothing.

The Boston news was loving it last night... calling him Mr. April over and over...

How is hitting a 2 run homer when his team was down by 5 runs padding his stats? He put the yanks back in the game, It wasn't like the guy struck out with two outs to end the game, he got the first out in the inning. He isn't the only guy on the yankees, he shouldn't have to do everything.

How is hitting a 2 run homer when his team was down by 5 runs padding his stats? He put the yanks back in the game, It wasn't like the guy struck out with two outs to end the game, he got the first out in the inning. He isn't the only guy on the yankees, he shouldn't have to do everything.

they lost by 3 runs.

his 2 rbis mean nothing. He learned from Piazza how to get clutch hits in non-pressure situations.

the yankees were never back in that game. And no, he shouldnt have to do everything, but a clutch hit here or there when it matters would help.

they lost by 3 runs.

his 2 rbis mean nothing. He learned from Piazza how to get clutch hits in non-pressure situations.

the yankees were never back in that game. And no, he shouldnt have to do everything, but a clutch hit here or there when it matters would help.

I think that the two run home run put the Yankees in the position to win the game. All it really took was a few other people not named Rodriguez to get an rbi or two. The yankees should have been able to score another run or two in the game where people don't have to come up in the 9th swinging for the fences.

I think that the two run home run put the Yankees in the position to win the game. All it really took was a few other people not named Rodriguez to get an rbi or two. The yankees should have been able to score another run or two in the game where people don't have to come up in the 9th swinging for the fences.

I have a simple rule to follow.

If you are losing by more runs than half innings remaining, the game is over.

Sure there are times when a team comes back in the 9th, but the likelihood is very small.

I really dont blame ARod for not coming thru in the 9th. if it was 2nd and 3rd with less than 2 outs and down by one, yes I would blast him. But last night... eh. no biggie.

but I still dont consider a 2 run shot down by 5 in the 7th to be anything more than garbage runs. It helps his stats look better than they are. Like the Mets last night. the 9 runs after the 4th inning were all garbage runs. They just make guys stats look good. They didnt help the team. The game was basically over.

Sure there are times when a team comes back in the 9th, but the likelihood is very small.

I really dont blame ARod for not coming thru in the 9th. if it was 2nd and 3rd with less than 2 outs and down by one, yes I would blast him. But last night... eh. no biggie.

but I still dont consider a 2 run shot down by 5 in the 7th to be anything more than garbage runs. It helps his stats look better than they are. Like the Mets last night. the 9 runs after the 4th inning were all garbage runs. They just make guys stats look good. They didnt help the team. The game was basically over.

3 runs... 7th 8th 9th same amount of innings as runs down. So according to your chart thing they were in the game.

You cant kill Arod for that HR last night- there were no outs and only down 5. Its not his fault the team proceeded to do nothing off of that momentum shift.

If the score was 8,9-0 then you'd have an argument.

Giambi on the other hand I've already seen enough of. I dont like the lefty dominated lineup. Throw Duncan in there for JAson, he cant be any worse at the plate.

Stop being such a Blowsox homer. Rivera is the best closer ever and Joba is a very good set-up guy.

With Joba in the pen, the Yankees pen is good. Probably as good a 1-2 punch as any in the league with Joba handing off to Rivera. That's the biggest case for Joba staying in the pen. Without him you have a very shaky pen and you can't count on anyone outside of Rivera. Ohlendorf no one knows anything about, Bruney is up and down, and Farnsworth/Hawkins are time bombs.

Getting back on topic. Mussina's performance was probably all you can expect from him at this point in his career. 5+ innings 4 runs, I think as a Yankee fan you have take that. That's probably good enough to win on most nights with that line up.

Here is a quick math lesson.

1 run in 2 games = .5 runs per game

4 runs in 4 games = 1 run per game

Here is a quick MadMike-esque retort: Small sample size.

You'd honest to God take the Yankees Bullpen over the Sox Bullpen? The Sox Bullpen that led the American League in ERA last season? Seriously?

You cant kill Arod for that HR last night- there were no outs and only down 5. Its not his fault the team proceeded to do nothing off of that momentum shift.

If the score was 8,9-0 then you'd have an argument.

Giambi on the other hand I've already seen enough of. I dont like the lefty dominated lineup. Throw Duncan in there for JAson, he cant be any worse at the plate.

My post was made in jest. I was on the phone with 124 when Arod came to the plate in the 7th. I told 124 that Arod would hit a HR.

If I was a Yankees fan I would be very concerned about the middle relief guys in the bullpen.

the game isn't over until the 27th out

the game isn't over until the 27th out

Thanks Yogi...

yogi-berra-yoohoo-advertising.jpg

I was just trying to be nice to Arod and not blame him for choking in the clutch when he came through when it didnt matter.

Ok... He choked in the 9th. He is the stud of the team. He should come through. I blame it all on Arod. Fat Pappy would have come through...

Either Arod choked in the 9th or he didnt. Which is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived