Chiefs to trade J.Allen to Vikings.... Matt Ryan??

GIJet

If the draft looks like this

1. J.Long

2.C.Long

3.G.Dorsey

4.D.Mac

5.V.Gholston

We really have no choice, but to take Ryan..

Wouldn't be terrible.. Best case scenario we have two good young QB's, and can trade one of them..

Every team in the NFL would love to be in Clevelands shoes right now..

****ING STOP WITH THE TOP 5 OF THE DRAFT. STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT IT! THERE ARE FIFTY OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS SAME EXACT TOPICS. ****ING STOP IT. YOUR MINUTE PIECE OF INFORMATION IS NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO WARRANT A NEW THREAD. YOUR TOP 5 MOCK ISN'T SPECIAL. YOUR 8TH TOP FIVE MOCK THAT IS THE SAME AS YOU FIRST 7 ISN'T SPECIAL. STOP MAKING THE SAME THREAD OVER AND OVER AGAIN OR I WILL HAVE AL GORE SHUT OFF THE INTERNET.

****ING STOP WITH THE TOP 5 OF THE DRAFT. STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT IT! THERE ARE FIFTY OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS SAME EXACT TOPICS. ****ING STOP IT. YOUR MINUTE PIECE OF INFORMATION IS NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO WARRANT A NEW THREAD. YOUR TOP 5 MOCK ISN'T SPECIAL. YOUR 8TH TOP FIVE MOCK THAT IS THE SAME AS YOU FIRST 7 ISN'T SPECIAL. STOP MAKING THE SAME THREAD OVER AND OVER AGAIN OR I WILL HAVE AL GORE SHUT OFF THE INTERNET.

What?

I'm lost ! just WTF are you trying you say here? :P

I agree that the amount of "top 5 mock draft" threads is a little ridiculous, but this is actually a huge story that can shape the 1st round at least!

If Allen leaves KC (which definitely looks to be happening), they will have to find someone to replace the NFL sack leader in '07. That throws them into the mix for the Gholston/Long suitors. That would virtually guarantee us not getting them and getting stuck with a DT we don't need and really hurting our "hand" for trade value.

Just PLEASE PLEASE don't give up picks and trade up!!!

How about you just turn it of for the next couple of weeks then you won`t have to read it ,cause after the Draft we will just have 50 threads talking about the draft....

SH*T!!!! I forgot my glasses

The Chiefs have a better chance to take Ryan than we do.

True.

The fact that they would get a second first rounder out of this trade could give them the leeway to take Ryan at #5, and look to replace Allen with their next pick.

I didn't get that, speak up. LOL totally agree.

The Chiefs have a better chance to take Ryan than we do.

After Peterson's comment (and I don't listen to the guy regularly so I don't know if he routinely tries to be deceptive or not), they seem leaning towards OL. And even with their current QB's, that's still probably a good move. They'll be crappy enough for the next 2 years to still get a couple more top-5 cracks at a QB.

does anybody still wonder why I thought Arsis would have been the best choice for new mod?

If the draft looks like this

1. J.Long

2.C.Long

3.G.Dorsey

4.D.Mac

5.V.Gholston

We really have no choice, but to take Ryan..

Wouldn't be terrible.. Best case scenario we have two good young QB's, and can trade one of them..

Every team in the NFL would love to be in Clevelands shoes right now..

The trade part of it won't work.

Right now Clemens has no value. If Ryan comes he is probably gone. They aren't using the 6th pick in the draft to compete with a second round pick. If they draft Ryan, they have given up on Clemens.

Not the same situation as Clevland

Ryan would be untraceable. The cap hit from the guaranteed money in this deal would be crippling

The trade part of it won't work.

Right now Clemens has no value. If Ryan comes he is probably gone. They aren't using the 6th pick in the draft to compete with a second round pick. If they draft Ryan, they have given up on Clemens.

Not the same situation as Clevland

Ryan would be untraceable. The cap hit from the guaranteed money in this deal would be crippling

Well they're already letting a washed-up veteran compete with Clemens. And he isn't a 2nd round pick anymore. He's a 3rd year veteran now.

Well they're already letting a washed-up veteran compete with Clemens. And he isn't a 2nd round pick anymore. He's a 3rd year veteran now.

It is surely not a good sign that Clemens has not been announced as the starter. This FO has an interest in seeing Clemens being the starter. They drafted him. passed on a few QB's who seemed to have some upside to do it.

Still, I hope they have not given up on him yet. Last year was awful. This is a huge camp for him. If Pennington is the starter on opening day, IMO Clemens is done. Hope not.

If they take Ryan, his career is already done.

It is surely not a good sign that Clemens has not been announced as the starter. This FO has an interest in seeing Clemens being the starter. They drafted him. passed on a few QB's who seemed to have some upside to do it.

Still, I hope they have not given up on him yet. Last year was awful. This is a huge camp for him. If Pennington is the starter on opening day, IMO Clemens is done. Hope not.

If they take Ryan, his career is already done.

Of course they have an interest in Clemens being the starter. But after such a poor showing (from both Clemens and Pennington) do you put the franchise in their hands again? Guess wrong & it's a disaster; you'll have to draft someone next year & you close your superbowl window of an otherwise win-now team by a full wasted year. And that's IF the guy drafted next year isn't a bust himself.

Which is why so many of us were screaming for Clemens to get inserted weeks before he actually did. They had to know how much cap space they had, an idea of which FA's or players via trade they'd go after, and that QB would be the big question mark. And they plodded Pennington out there game after game even weeks after it was obvious this team had absolutely zero chance at doing damage in the playoffs (let alone any realistic shot at a superbowl). It should have been obvious solely by looking at the crappy performance of a mostly talentless OL a mere 2 weeks into the season.

Clemens turning into something he has not been is the best-case scenario. We should be a solid team even if he's merely mediocre, with the threat of his arm at least stretching the defense a little for the ground game. We didn't get to see enough of him to determine is there real potential or is he just a flat-out bust. So we end up in this situation on draft day, not truly knowing what is the best course of action.

Archived