Dwight Lowery...MERGED

Jetscode1

Apologize if its already posted...good read from the gang green on Dwight Lowery...only hope its accurate. If the guy is not his agent he should be.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=32249&page=4

Hello Jets Fans,

I just wanted to take a moment to share with the Jets community a little more insight as to Dwight Lowery the Football Player, as well as the person. Let me start by saying, though, Dwight is SO stoked to go and play for the NY Jets, and for all of you, the fans!!! He is already rocking NY Jets gear (he already had NY Jets apparel before he was drafted). He takes Football very seriously. He is a true student of the game and of the DB positions. He will do everything he can to contribute to the success of the NY Jets team and franchise. He won

Great write up J-dogg. It helps us the fans get to know a player when someone like you are close enough to know the mans characteristics. Honestly I've never heard of him and scratched my head at us taking him. If he has that kind of work ethic on and off the field, with the physical ability he has, I'm sure he will do well here and make a lot of us take notice. The Jets have done a pretty good job finding secondary talent in the later rounds. Also nice to see that he is using crossfit workouts.

Apologize if its already posted...good read from the gang green on Dwight Lowery...only hope its accurate. If the guy is not his agent he should be.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=32249&page=4

Hello Jets Fans,

I just wanted to take a moment to share with the Jets community a little more insight as to Dwight Lowery the Football Player, as well as the person. Let me start by saying, though, Dwight is SO stoked to go and play for the NY Jets, and for all of you, the fans!!! He is already rocking NY Jets gear (he already had NY Jets apparel before he was drafted). He takes Football very seriously. He is a true student of the game and of the DB positions. He will do everything he can to contribute to the success of the NY Jets team and franchise. He won

I like this kid already. If he is half of what this guy says he will be, we are looking at a very very very good CB tandem. Anyone think J.Miller can play safety opposite of Rhodes? I still like miller. :(

It's a lot more likely that Lowery moves to safety if they were going to play him with Miller. This write up even mentions him playing safety.

Even though it sounds like a hommer post, If this is true we may indeed have a steal.

His poor 40 time on the pro day may have forced him to drop. Although I do think he may be more suited to playing F.S then corner? I still think Miller will be the other side to Revis this year. I just think our INT production at F.S as been very poor the last few years, and Mangini wants to improve in that area. This kid sounds like a ball hawk and hopefully we've got a steal?

I like this kid already. If he is half of what this guy says he will be, we are looking at a very very very good CB tandem. Anyone think J.Miller can play safety opposite of Rhodes? I still like miller. :(

Don't forget we need a nickel back, too. You really need at least three quality CBs. I could see Miller at nickel before trying him at safety.

Since everyone speculates, i think dowery will be playing Nickel corner this year. If his ball skills are what people (scouts, an article, and then this guy) say they are, he should be able to get a couple of picks this year.

I really like his size, we need that to match up with the bigger receivers in the division...well i guess moss is the only bigger receiver and i don't think lowery will grab that assignment, but still.

I too would like to see miller opposite Revis. Pending on his knee, people may be surprised by this guy.

I like the interceptions. No better way to get the ball to the offense.

we have quite a few ball hawks in the secondary, if we get a pass rush and kellen can play game manager we should do well in the turnover battle.

Since everyone speculates, i think dowery will be playing Nickel corner this year. If his ball skills are what people (scouts, an article, and then this guy) say they are, he should be able to get a couple of picks this year.

I really like his size, we need that to match up with the bigger receivers in the division...well i guess moss is the only bigger receiver and i don't think lowery will grab that assignment, but still.

I too would like to see miller opposite Revis. Pending on his knee, people may be surprised by this guy.

we have quite a few ball hawks in the secondary, if we get a pass rush and kellen can play game manager we should do well in the turnover battle.

no doubt lowery would do very well with a good pass rush.

Couple of things.

If those 40 times are accurate, 4.31-4.34 he will be a CB. Even this guy says his weakness is tackling. Don't need a FS who can't tackle. I also think that Mangini really likes Elam, will be hard to unseat. Once he got over the bone headed plays last year actually played pretty well.

I suspect Tangini's plan, if everything goes well is, Miller at CB, and Lowery at nickel. He is clearly a ball hawk, and if there is a pass rush, the QB often loses track of the nickel, because he must unload the ball before he is ready.

I find this article very interesting, as it is written by a professional, who most likely works with several , "wanabe" pro athletics, and still went out of his way to write a great thread about this kid.

Sounds good to me. Hope he brings the goods.

Couple of things.

If those 40 times are accurate, 4.31-4.34 he will be a CB. Even this guy says his weakness is tackling. Don't need a FS who can't tackle. I also think that Mangini really likes Elam, will be hard to unseat. Once he got over the bone headed plays last year actually played pretty well.

I suspect Tangini's plan, if everything goes well is, Miller at CB, and Lowery at nickel. He is clearly a ball hawk, and if there is a pass rush, the QB often loses track of the nickel, because he must unload the ball before he is ready.

I find this article very interesting, as it is written by a professional, who most likely works with several , "wanabe" pro athletics, and still went out of his way to write a great thread about this kid.

Sounds good to me. Hope he brings the goods.

If those times were accurate he wouldn't have gone in the fourth round. I'm skeptical of pro day times, let alone "training" times reported by the guys friend and strength and conditioning coach.

If those times were accurate he wouldn't have gone in the fourth round. I'm skeptical of pro day times, let alone "training" times reported by the guys friend and strength and conditioning coach.

Another post on TGG by this guy

Jets Fans Community,

Again, thank you for your time. As I said, I just wanted to share with all of you a little more insight as to who your team chose with their third pick. I know Dwight will work hard to represent the NY Jets Team, Franchise, and community of loyal Fans, well.

As for regular updates, ...I'll continue with updates when I can, so long as Dwight is cool with it and I have his permission to do so. Understand though, I won't be discussing his personal life. ...You never know, ...he might start posting here sometime when he gets a chance. smile.gif ...He's busy studying the play book right now though.

Just to clarify, while I have been working with Dwight for over two years now, I am definitely NOT the Strength-&-Conditioning Coach for SJSU. I am my own independent S&C Coach working out of CrossFit North Santa Cruz, and have been with CrossFit for over ten years. Dwight and I work together privately in a 1-on-1 setting. Personally, I have a lot of problems with the SJSU strength program. I pretty much think it sucks. Bodybuilding like you see in the magazines does not translate to performance on the field or in any sport for that matter. SJSU doesn

Another post on TGG by this guy

...Regardless of what position Dwight ends up playing in the NFL, I truly believe that he has all the potential to become one of the best Defensive players to ever play the game. ...I make that statement as both, a Coach *and* his Friend.

Jason

OK, now all credibility has gone right down the drain.

You were going to trust a guy named J-Dogg?

This guy is his friend. He said so up front. The fact is if Lowery's attitude is half as good as this guy says he'll probably be a decent player and it sounds like he's willing to put the work in. I'm very happy that Lowery's buddy isn't posting like Kobe24 and the fact that he is close friends with a strength and conditioning coach is awesome news.

For the record it's not that I think the 40 times are outright lies, but there is often more than a tenth of a second difference with different people timing the same run at a pro day. Check McFadden's time, some had 4.27, but the official was 4.33. It's pretty easy for a coach to miss time a guy by a little bit.

exactly what i was thinking. If he had anywhere near that kind of potential he would not have been playing at SJSU

How good of a team does Mississippi Valley State University have? Just wondering cause this guy named Jerry Rice went there. Don't know if you've heard of him.

How good of a team does Mississippi Valley State University have? Just wondering cause this guy named Jerry Rice went there. Don't know if you've heard of him.

Yes, a kid from a small college can make it real big. But it doesn't happen that often. Even Rice was known enough to have been taken in the 1st round. What do you think are the chances that we just drafted the Jerry Rice of cornerbacks in the third round?

why is this guy trying to sell us on lowery? sounds a little suspicious. is this guy even for real?

Like I said...if this guy is not his agent he should be...he really is tring too hard to push his friend...or client.

;)

rice was drafted 10th and dominated his competition. Lowery is a nobody in a strong class of CB's. I'd be very happy if he played nickel corner and played it will.

If this is all true, the Jets may have a heck of a steal. I'll certainly pay extra attention to watching him in training camp.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I now have a new favorite to root for.

rice was drafted 10th and dominated his competition. Lowery is a nobody in a strong class of CB's. I'd be very happy if he played nickel corner and played it will.

Let's hope the FO really did their homework and studied game films. A LOT of game film on him. :biggrin:

Dwight Lowery....

" Hello Jets Fans,

Archived