So let me get this straight?

Ranger

after reading multiple posts the past 3 days:

Gholsten is the next LT.

Keller is the next great TE/H-Back

Lowery will lock down the 2nd corner position.

Ainge is the next Tom Brady.

Henry is the next TO.

Garner is....well ok at least no one is tauting him.

UDFA Caulcrick is the next Brandon Jacobs.

Anyone else seeing a pattern here? Seriously, if the Jets can get 3 quality starters out of the draft, it will be good.

Gholsten is the next LT.

Henry is the next TO.

Anyone else seeing a pattern here? Seriously, if the Jets can get 3 quality starters out of the draft, it will be good.

Yes, it is called the week after the draft. Reality will slap us in the face soon enough. Enjoy this wonderful time.

Gholsten is the next LT.

Henry is the next TO.

Each of these players will keep those comparisons until the first time they fumble/miss a tackle/throw an INT at which point you'll be seeing posts proclaiming the following....

--"Gholston missed a tackle, I knew he wasn't NFL material, fire the entire FO NOW because I'm smarter than all of them. I knew we shouldn't have taken him" (good chance this post will be made by a fan who made the same Gholston/LT comparison)

--"DK isn't short for Dustin Keller, it's short for 'don't know' as in how to block" We shouldn't have wasted a first rounder on this bum. Fire Tangini now.

--"Lowery got beat on a slant route. Great, another Darelle Revis except he's shorter and slower. Fire Mangini now"

--Christ almighty, Ainge threw another pre-season INT. Why did we draft Glenn Foley II? This FO is clueless"

I think you get the point

Gholsten is the next LT.

Henry is the next TO.

You got half the summary, you left out the other half .... that everyone of Miami and New England picks will be total busts that get cut in training camp.

Each of these players will keep those comparisons until the first time they fumble/miss a tackle/throw an INT at which point you'll be seeing posts proclaiming the following....

--"Gholston missed a tackle, I knew he wasn't NFL material, fire the entire FO NOW because I'm smarter than all of them. I knew we shouldn't have taken him" (good chance this post will be made by a fan who made the same Gholston/LT comparison)

--"DK isn't short for Dustin Keller, it's short for 'don't know' as in how to block" We shouldn't have wasted a first rounder on this bum. Fire Tangini now.

--"Lowery got beat on a slant route. Great, another Darelle Revis except he's shorter and slower. Fire Mangini now"

--Christ almighty, Ainge threw another pre-season INT. Why did we draft Glenn Foley II? This FO is clueless"

Um. The next Darelle Revis? How is that a bad thing? If you're asking me would I take a slightly slower and shorter version of Darelle Revis, HELL YES!

Who did Miami and NE draft last year anyway? Tedd Ginn, Jr. is the only name I've heard and he is lame.

damn AFJ-that was good I see you've been around Jets boards for a while now...

Gholsten is the next LT.

Henry is the next TO.

they r both gonna be bust

andre and dmc shoulda been picked

ya dig

Gholsten is the next LT.

Henry is the next TO.

I'm pretty sure you've been around the block a few times with this whole Jets MB internet thing so forgive me if I sound like I'm stating the obvious....

It's like this every year in May. :lol:

For Jets fans, this is our SB--- the offseason.

Erik Ainge shouldn't see the field unless Chad & Kellen are dead.

Dwight Lowery will take time to develop and some "experts" see him more as a Safety in the NFL instead of a Cornerback. We'll see about that.

Vernon Gholston has the potential but will he show up and play hard all the time or just when he wants to, which will limit his NFL success?

Dustin Keller is a pass catcher and thats it. Is he better than every Wide Receiver and Tight End in this draft class at catching the football and making a play? He better be or else moving up for him was a waste.

Hardy? No speed, pretty good hands and no real success until the 2007 season. Looks like a Matt Jones clone to me, without the hype. For at least 2008, but what I think will be the story of his entire NFL career, all he will be is a redzone target. Between the 20's he'll be worthless, but he'll be great at catching the famous fade route.

There is some reality for ya.

Um. The next Darelle Revis? How is that a bad thing? If you're asking me would I take a slightly slower and shorter version of Darelle Revis, HELL YES!

Who did Miami and NE draft last year anyway? Tedd Ginn, Jr. is the only name I've heard and he is lame.

There was just a tad of sarcasm in my post. There are some fans on this board who hate Revis. That's what I was talking about.

Archived