JetNation.com Who's the Biggest Clueless Homer here?

Smizzy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't think that JBF believes all the stuff he says here. I think at the other board he said he'd rather have Chad Fox than Mariano. He has to write all that stuff to make himself laugh and to piss off the Yankee fans.

Unlike others, he rarely resorts to personal attacks or name-calling.

JonE seems to be an angry man. Which is kind of funny. You're arguing over the internet, about a game. You need to lighten up, Francis.

GJ&H, latches on to a point and jumps in with both feet, as evidenced by his recent "Uncle Al" posts. He really seems to go overboard sometimes, though.

That said, I believe that EB is the biggest homer, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Due to his youth, he still has that wide-eyed awe and un-jaded view of his team.

Me, I'm just an a$$hole.

I honestly don't think that JBF believes all the stuff he says here. I think at the other board he said he'd rather have Chad Fox than Mariano. He has to write all that stuff to make himself laugh and to piss off the Yankee fans.

Who in their right mind would believe half the nonsense he spews?

EB hands down!

The JBF and JEJ rants are for entertainment purposes - you all don't buy into everything they post now do you?

EB, on the other hand, 1)believes everything he posts about HIS team 2)is young and naive enough to think he knows it all. 3) Isn't clever enough to fool anyone.

JBF is a genius. An absolute genius.

I'd have to give my homer award to anyone who tries to argue that Jeter is one of the top ten players in the game. That is just a pathetic, baseless argument that makes me think the poster who writes it learned everything they know about baseball by staring at Wheaties boxes in the supermarket. Like Max and Gang Green Girl.

I'd have to give my homer award to anyone who tries to argue that Jeter is one of the top ten players in the game. That is just a pathetic, baseless argument that makes me think the poster who writes it learned everything they know about baseball by staring at Wheaties boxes in the supermarket. Like Max and Gang Green Girl.

You mean Mary Lou Retton couldn't lay off the high heat?

EB hands down!

The JBF and JEJ rants are for entertainment purposes - you all don't buy into everything they post now do you?

EB, on the other hand, 1)believes everything he posts about HIS team 2)is young and naive enough to think he knows it all. 3) Isn't clever enough to fool anyone.

sorry toots, but your dead wrong.

I actually have given more credit to teams around this league than most people on this forum. Sure I bash the sox. But they deserve it because their fans, most of them, are a bunch of morons.

I have bashed this Yankee team plenty of times this season. Cant say that JBF has ever bashed the red sox.

Hey Tom. I really enjoyed working with you. Maybe you can get me a resume and I will see if I can do anything for you.

I hope it all works out well for you. Best of luck to you in the future.

Okay, so a guy who was an offensive catalyst on 4 WS championship teams does not deserve mention? Oh, by the way...below is a list of all the players who have more hits than Derek Jeter since being called up to the majors....

Yep, that was it...quite an impressive group wouldn't you say?

Actually it wasn't Chad Fox, it was Brandon Lyon. Yes, after 8 career saves JBF said that 80% of MLB GMs would take Lyon over Mariano because Mo was "on the downside of his career". Well that was three years ago, since then Mo has saved around 118 games, Lyon has saved about 23. Mo has an ERA of 0.85 (Has given up 2 runs since the first series of the season) and Brandon Lyon has been on the DL most of the season. Looks like a lot of GMs would be out of the job.

Prior to that comment I didn't care much for JBF but sometimes I'd read his posts....since that comment (arguably the most riddiculous statement I've ever heard a "knowledgeable" fan make) I realized he can't really be taken seriously.

Okay, so a guy who was an offensive catalyst on 4 WS championship teams does not deserve mention? Oh, by the way...below is a list of all the players who have more hits than Derek Jeter since being called up to the majors....

Yep, that was it...quite an impressive group wouldn't you say?

Dude....that doesn't count! OK! :D The guy's only won a World Series MVP, Rookie of the Year, and Gold Glove so obviously he's no good. And he'll probably end up with 3000 hits in his career, which is ok maybe I guess.

Biggest homer?

That's EB, hands down.

For reasons Garb put out.

JBF is annoying, but that's only because he baits so many people. Alot of you buy into his act.

How am I the biggest homer?

I really dont see how this is possible.

JBF NEVER flames the red sox. I flame the Yankees pretty frequently actually.

Bullcrap, I am definetly not the biggest homer.

Just because Jeter is the best SS in the game and I back it up with facts and numbers doesnt mean I am a homer. jeez

What facts? Cause he's a decent slap hitter? He's not even the best shortstop on his team.

You ARE the biggest homer.

What you're not getting is what JBF does... it's an act. A great act. He really gets you guys pissed off. He's just pushing buttons.

You believe what you type. I don't care if you bash Mel Stottlemyre... that doesn't exclude you from being a homer. Why doesn't it? You think YOU can do a better job! Maybe you should write Joe Torre, with your sparkling resume as a little league and high school ball player, and I'm sure he'll give you a job! I mean, how couldn't he? You know everything!

Listen dumbass. I never said I could do better than Mel.

All I know is no starting pitcher has ever gotten better under Mel or even stayed the same.

There is a laundry list of pitchers who have come to NY and totally bombed. Sure some were not cut for NY, but I find it funny that all of a sudden Vazquez, Lieber, Pavano and Randy Johnson have mechanic problems. And on to that mechanic problems, I'm not the only one who notices that. The players themselves admit that their mechanics are messed up, and they keep complaining about it. Never changes because Mel sucks.

JBF is not an act, smart guy. He's as sincere of a dumbass as you can find.

Decent slap hitter with a .315 career batting average and a .390OBP with very good defense.. Not bad, I'll take him on my team over carlos guillen. keep dreaming...

Wow... I didn't even have to bring up Gullien. Now, that you did bring him up, he is better than Jeter. Jeter is VASTLY overrated. VASTLY. Like I said, he's not even the best shortstop on his own team. He's a slap hitter, and not even a great one. He has adequate range. He's a primadonna. He's way overpaid.

And, obviously you think you can do better than Mel, since you're always critiquing him! So, go on! Send your resume to Torre! I'm sure you're a shoe in!

And, I'm the dumbass? Trick please... why don't you finish high school first.

JBF is obviously more brilliant than you give him credit for. Why? Simple... you bought it hook, line and sinker. He's got you wrapped around his finger. He can post whatever he wants, and you'll disagree with it right off! No doubt in my mind. He could post the sky is blue, and you'd argue him on it. He could say Ford is a car company, and you'd argue him on it. He could say the Yankees wear pin stripes and you'd argue him on it.

And I'm the dumbass? You need to take a strong look in the morrior before proclaiming anyone around here a dumbass.

EB:

Your arm angle is off and it is effecting your posts. We reviewed tapes from your younger posts and they were much better because of the arm angle.

Work on this.

Keep laughing at it max. But its not a secret around the league that Stotts is a terrible pitching coach.

I know Bugg agrees with me on this issue.

Unlike Leo Mazzone who takes a bunch of leftovers from the junkyard and turns them into solid pitchers............who the hell has Stotts ever molded into a good pitcher?

Tanyon Sturtze? Not so fast. Tanyon credits Mariano for his success.

I cannot wait until Stotts retires after this season. Biggest addition by subtraction in the history of the Yankees.

Sounds like the Yankees will be going after Leo Mazzone. The best pitching coach baseball the past 20 years. If not Mazzone, at least we got Joe Kerrigan waiting in the wings.

Id be willing to bet that Guillen would barely get any votes.

On this board? He'd get three. Boston fans wouldn't care. Mets fans wouldn't care. The Yankee fans would vote for their boy.

But, that's fine. You guys don't have to admit Jeter sucks. Everyone else around here is more than happy to remind you. Decent slap hitter, at best.

And, he's from Michigan, so I'm just speaking how I feel, from seeing him play over the past ten years (How could you escape it?) and seeing him live. He's not even the best shortstop on his team.

Archived