Danny Woodhead, any news??

joebabyny

Anyone have any news thus far on the undrafted rookie Woodhead. He is the short RB we picked up after the draft that has the single season and career NCAA rushing record. I am thinking at the least he should be a pretty good punt returner. I just love his story, anyone who was put down or passed on but proved it on the field has to be a good guy to have on your team. I haven't heard much news yet though this summer, wondering if anyone else has.

He also dropped a few of them. he will have to be a very good punt returner to make the team.

Hope he is

i saw leon drop two or three of them in warm ups before the miami game last year. I don't know what it is but these guys don't seem to concentrate too hard on the warm ups.

I'd love to see a solid hands guy back there. I just don't know that we have one.

He's already packing his bags so he can head home and become a stock broker or something. Highly doubt we're going to see a 5'6, 5'7 white Running Back from Division II or III in the NFL anytime soon. Just sayin'.

He's already packing his bags so he can head home and become a stock broker or something. Highly doubt we're going to see a 5'6, 5'7 white Running Back from Division II or III in the NFL anytime soon. Just sayin'.

Quoted for historical purposes.

i saw leon drop two or three of them in warm ups before the miami game last year. I don't know what it is but these guys don't seem to concentrate too hard on the warm ups.

I'd love to see a solid hands guy back there. I just don't know that we have one.

You had a hot chick sitting next to you and you were watching the Punt Returners warm up?

Drago for mod!

You had a hot chick sitting next to you and you were watching the Punt Returners warm up?

Drago for mod!

:rl:

if she changes her mind about the Chief's game, you can sit next to her so i can carefully examin Kris Jenkin's under carriage.

Odds are you are right, but 8,000 yards is a big number at any level. I've seen quite a bit of You tube on the kid, and no doubting he is exciting.

Problem is there is no way he takes Leon's job as 3rd down back. Leon has proved himself. The fact that Tangini has 84 RB's coming to camp doesn't help either.

I can only see him making the roster if he can bust some big punt returns in camp.

Perhaps the PS

think Ian Smart....no room for him on this year's active roster-we may see him on the PS rotation that the Jets usually employ. We'll read how he was signed and then 2 weeks later cut and another warm body signed and then HE gets cut and Woodhead re-signed-you know how we roll...

Ray Mickens was 5'7", maybe. Leon Washington is 5'8" after he stretches. Tiki Barber was a 5'9" ish type back. Wayne Chrebet didn't look very big either.

I understand the size issue but 5'9" to 5'7" makes no difference to a running back. They can't see over the lineman. To be successful he has to be elusive, quick,be able to hit the right hole, follow his blocks and be durable. Leon Washington does it. Tiki did it 30 times a game.

The Division 1 AA is the bigger question. Can he make the talent jump. Maybe the practice squad for a year is the answer. Leon Washington is the punt returner and a good one. I do know that the kid has skills. Would be a nice story but, like most undrafted free agents, you won't know until the exhibitions. Nice story to watch though.

i dont understand why white matters. either u have or not if ur white,black,hispanic.. and by the way this kid runs it seems like he has what it takes to be in the nfl.

It must be more than a coincidence that every NFL RB with a job last year wasn't white.

I don't fully understand it either, but I have theories.

Ask Jimmy the Greek if you really want to know why.

It must be more than a coincidence that every NFL RB with a job last year wasn't white.

Yes. Because melanin content has a direct correlation with athletic ability, right?

Wow. Your comment oozes racism. Shame on you.

Ray Mickens was 5'7", maybe. Leon Washington is 5'8" after he stretches. Tiki Barber was a 5'9" ish type back. Wayne Chrebet didn't look very big either.

I understand the size issue but 5'9" to 5'7" makes no difference to a running back. They can't see over the lineman. To be successful he has to be elusive, quick,be able to hit the right hole, follow his blocks and be durable. Leon Washington does it. Tiki did it 30 times a game.

The Division 1 AA is the bigger question. Can he make the talent jump. Maybe the practice squad for a year is the answer. Leon Washington is the punt returner and a good one. I do know that the kid has skills. Would be a nice story but, like most undrafted free agents, you won't know until the exhibitions. Nice story to watch though.

I met Joe Morris when he was in the league. I towered over him. I'd be shocked if he were more than 5'6" or 5'7".

What was it? They have an extra bone in their legs?

My compadre on the site R44 holds the theory that many players that would be great white RB are pushed to LB or other positions in college based on coaches' stereotypes - and I think there is a certain truth to that.

I personally believe many great would be RB white athletes are getting poached by baseball, basketball, lacrosse and other 'easier' sports, given the choice between being a backup at Syracuse football or a starter on Princeton Lacrosse many choose the latter and it's a better career move statistically.

What was it? They have an extra bone in their legs?

this is the comment that got the Greek fired in 1976:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way — because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner — the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Snyder

Im not saying I agree with Jimmy the Greek - but I am against people pretending that race doesn't exist and it's all some grand coincidence. Or that even mentioning the words makes one a racist by default.

There is a lineman for the Eagles, 7th round pick King Dunlap. They asked him where he got his name... he replied it was passed down through the ages, he was King the sixth. They followed up who was King the first, he was a slave, presumably a large one.

http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/Daily;jsessionid=7dkJL5Wfpy0JkTLG1K605nPz11pQ37LT3dY0LpnZ4Lvt8W2BzG3v!819070101?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_article&r21.pgpath=%2FPVN%2FSports&r21.content=%2FPVN%2FSports%2FHeadlineList_Story_2095107

It's not that much of a stretch to me to believe at least part of the answer has to do with selective breeding. If that makes me a racist, so be it.

My compadre on the site R44 holds the theory that many players that would be great white RB are pushed to LB or other positions in college based on coaches' stereotypes - and I think there is a certain truth to that.

I personally believe many great would be RB white athletes are getting poached by baseball, basketball, lacrosse and other 'easier' sports, given the choice between being a backup at Syracuse football or a starter on Princeton Lacrosse many choose the latter and it's a better career move statistically.

this is the comment that got the Greek fired in 1976:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way

Most of you aren't old enough to remember Charlie Tolar with Kansas City in the late 60s/early 70s. He was listed at 5'6" but was probably more like 5'4". The defense couldn't see him over the OL and when they hit him he kept going. the defense said it was like trying to tackle a fire hydrant. Didn't have great speed but good balance and there was no place to get a good tackle on him. He didn't have Woodhead's credentials coming in either. Hopefully this kid will have Tolar's balance with better speed and moves. If so, look for him to stick and contribute.

LOL, is this the part where someone mentions the extra bone in the foot? LOL

Archived