Michael Smith

JetFanBird

Michael Smith on NFL Live was just asked to pick the team most likely to duplicate the 2000 Raven's team this year with a QB there to manage the game while a tough defense/running game takes the team all the way to the Super Bowl, and believe it or not he picked our Jets :box:.

I'm not sure if this ever plays a part in an NFL season but you'd think if we played a team right after the Bills and or Pats, you'd think their d-line might be worn down from them running the ball on them. Likewise with those teams following the jets this year. It's a really strong division, minus miami, at running the football. It could play in to us being a top 10 rushing team, as i predicted earlier in this never ending offseason.

Michael Smith on NFL Live was just asked to pick the team most likely to duplicate the 2000 Raven's team this year with a QB there to manage the game while a tough defense/running game takes the team all the way to the Super Bowl, and believe it or not he picked our Jets :box:.

We got respect?

Yeah, the Jets never get the respect they deserve. They say that we still have a question at QB, but didn't they say that in '02, '04, and '06? Look what happened during those seasons. With a new and improved O-Line, the best one we've had in years, Chad Pennington can do the magic he did in '06. So, we have a very accurate QB in Chad Pennington (most accurate all-time percentage-wise), a consistant 1k yard rusher in TJ, two consistant 1k yard WRs in Cotch and Coles, we upgraded our O-Line and I believe it will be top ten this year, we have Kerry Rhodes, no need to explain there, David Harris had 100 some odd tackles in 8 starts AS A ROOKIE, and we got a huge upgrade with Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, and Bubba Franks. We also have two of the best kick returners in Leon and J. Miller. I can think of alot more reasons why we'll be good, but I gotta go somewhere.

We just got respect from Michael Smith who use to cover the New England Patriots, I believe. He was a Boston Sports Writer before becoming an ESPN.com writer / analyst on NFL Live. Very interesting.

I have to agree with him too. This Offensive Line with Faneca and Woody over Clarke and Clement will be one of the best in the league, the Running Backs are top notch 1 through 4, find a better 1 through 4 in the league please, PLUS Tony Richardson, two receivers who are proven and a defense who finally has a true Nose Tackle and three pass rushers coming off the edge.

The Jets will be a playoff team this year unless they screw it up for themselves. They have the talent to be a 11 win team, but will they do it? Will they fight hard? Will they come up in the big spots? Make the crucial plays? We don't know. That could be the difference between a 7-9 or 11-5 season.

i think we can steal one from new england, i'm just as concerend about Buffalo. They just seem to be putting it together this year. A coworker of mine laughed at the 3 teams in the AFCE calling it a weak division. I really doubt that will be the case this season.

Eh, until Buffalo proves it can be any better than .500 than I'm not sold on them. We've been hearing this crap about the Bills for about three or four straight seasons now. Enough is enough. Produce already if you're that good. Trent Edwards is not the answer and they'll find that out soon enough. He's a game manager. One hit to the knee of Marshawn Lynch and Trent Edwards doesn't last the season as the starter.

Were going to read later on ESPN that they had to regretfully fire Michael Smith for being intoxicated on air. To even use us in the same sentence as Superbowl right now is a tad crazy. I love what we did this offseason, but we need to see what this team is really made of as 124 mentioned in an earlier post. I love us on paper, but can we beat NE at home in week 2 then carry momentum into SD and turn some heads? Can we sweep BUF and MIA this season. Can we go into Seattle in December and win in a big spot all things that define a contender, will have to see.

We got respect?

We are a long long way away from respect.

It could change in a heartbeat, but I am just hoping we can turn in a winning season, get to the playoffs and roll the dice (like Giants/Steelers).

Go JETS!

BZ

Yeah, the Jets never get the respect they deserve. They say that we still have a question at QB, but didn't they say that in '02, '04, and '06? Look what happened during those seasons. With a new and improved O-Line, the best one we've had in years, Chad Pennington can do the magic he did in '06. So, we have a very accurate QB in Chad Pennington (most accurate all-time percentage-wise), a consistant 1k yard rusher in TJ, two consistant 1k yard WRs in Cotch and Coles, we upgraded our O-Line and I believe it will be top ten this year, we have Kerry Rhodes, no need to explain there, David Harris had 100 some odd tackles in 8 starts AS A ROOKIE, and we got a huge upgrade with Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, and Bubba Franks. We also have two of the best kick returners in Leon and J. Miller. I can think of alot more reasons why we'll be good, but I gotta go somewhere.

Yeah, the Jets will be a surprise team this year.

We will beat Mia week 1, but If we beat NE week2 then go to SD and win there and be 3-0 beating 2 tough teams back to back I think analyst and people will really think different about us. If were 2-1 and split tose 2 games thats god, but winnning both will turn heads.

But we can easily lose the 2 games and be 1-2, and we will be the typical jets.

To me the turning point of the season will be if we can beat NE and SD back to back, because that will give us momentum for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure if this ever plays a part in an NFL season but you'd think if we played a team right after the Bills and or Pats, you'd think their d-line might be worn down from them running the ball on them. Likewise with those teams following the jets this year. It's a really strong division, minus miami, at running the football. It could play in to us being a top 10 rushing team, as i predicted earlier in this never ending offseason.

Ronnie Brown is the best runner in the division. How is Miami the only team without a good running attack?

We will beat Mia week 1, but If we beat NE week2 then go to SD and win there and be 3-0 beating 2 tough teams back to back I think analyst and people will really think different about us. If were 2-1 and split tose 2 games thats god, but winnning both will turn heads.

But we can easily lose the 2 games and be 1-2, and we will be the typical jets.

To me the turning point of the season will be if we can beat NE and SD back to back, because that will give us momentum for the rest of the season.

You sure are getting ahead of yourself. Calling a game vs. a Parcells coached Dolphins team in Miami in September an automatic win for a 4 win team is a bit of a stretch. And if you think you have a shot to start 3-0, you're in for a rude, RUDE awakening.

You sure are getting ahead of yourself. Calling a game vs. a Parcells coached Dolphins team in Miami in September an automatic win for a 4 win team is a bit of a stretch. And if you think you have a shot to start 3-0, you're in for a rude, RUDE awakening.

i knew it i knew it, parcells really is coaching the team all that talk about sparano is a joke

that team is gonna be so dysfunctional because bill won't be able to keep his hands off the team.

btw what is the head to head record of the jets v dolphins this decade

jets 12 wins

dolphins 4 wins

Oh please we always beat the phins. And how can you say that a 4 win team cant put an automatic win in for a 1 win team?????? And I never said we are gonna be 3-0, I just said that when we beat Mia, and then maybe beat NE and SD back to back then we woud change peoples oppinions like you.

I also said that 2-1 in the first 3 is a good start as well, but 3-0 would turn heads, and say watch out for the jets.

Any Jets fan will take 2-1 in the first 3, but 3-0 is a hell of a start, and is a possibility, because we have a shot to beat NE at home, and we seem to always beat SD.

Ronnie Brown is the best runner in the division. How is Miami the only team without a good running attack?

To say Brown is the best runner when he only played 7 games last year is absurd. Even when healthy hes not better than the other runners. Lynch proved hes an animal, and the best in the east. Jones got over a 1,000 yards with the worst OL in football, and Maroney battled injuries but had a pretty good year. I'd say Brown could possibly be better than Maroney, but thats as far as he'll get in the afc east RB rankings.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Ronnie Brown is one of the worst runners in our division. The Bills, Jets, and Pats starting RBs are all better.

Ronnie Brown has had ONE 1,000 yard season and he barely cleared the 1,000 yard mark in Week 17 that season. He is also coming off a torn ACL. Right now you don't know what Ronnie Brown is going to bring to the table. Sure he had an excellent 7 games last season, but this injury could lead to other serious injuries or it could just flat out hurt him on the field. We don't know yet. Ronnie Brown is a big question mark.

Ronnie Brown has had ONE 1,000 yard season and he barely cleared the 1,000 yard mark in Week 17 that season. He is also coming off a torn ACL. Right now you don't know what Ronnie Brown is going to bring to the table. Sure he had an excellent 7 games last season, but this injury could lead to other serious injuries or it could just flat out hurt him on the field. We don't know yet. Ronnie Brown is a big question mark.

That is completely true, but I wouldn't rule him out getting back to 100%. Last year he showed that when he was 100%, he has the potential to be an elite back. I don't know if he'll ever play out that potential but as a Jet fan I sure hope he doesn't.

The Jets can very easily start out 0-3. With all of the new personnel there could be chemistry issues and a learning curve game 1 going against a very fired up team at home. Nothing is given especially with the Jets.

I like your optimism but this is a bit much, it reminds me of Aqua's Dolphins posts. The O-line is obviously improved but what 06' magic are you looking for from Pennington? a dink and dunk offense(that every defense in the league has caught on to) and a 1 and done exit from the playoffs? Pennington's may have the highest completion percentage ever, but the problem is since his shoulder surgeries a lot of those completions are pick 6's to the other team.

As far as Coles and Cotch being consistent 1k yard pass catchers, it's not really true. Cotchery has had only one year with over 1k yards and that was because Coles went down, who knows if he can become a consistent performer year after year, though I personally think he can. Coles is far from a consistent in 6 years with the Jets he has 2 years where he broke 1,000, and only 1 since him came back. That was in 2006 when he didn't hit the mark till I think week 17 against the Raiders. Plus he's a huge injury concern, and only getting older.

All in all I think our entire season depends on Clemens takings majors steps forward, and all the new peices on our defense working out especially Jenkins transitioning into a true 3-4 Nose Tackle.

Oh so now Parcells is coaching the Dolfags? I must have missed that info. :P

Archived