JETS SIGN Dustin Keller #81 TE

FoxJet

HEARD ON WFAN SO 5 DOWN AND 1 TO GO :Typotux:ets | Zenon waived

Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:47:49 -0700 New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced Friday, July 18, that the team waived CB Jonathan Zenon.Jets | Keller signs

Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:47:14 -0700 New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced Friday, July 18, that the team signed TE Dustin Keller. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The New York Jets have signed first-round tight end Dustin Keller and have waived cornerback Jonathan Zenon. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum. Keller (6'2", 248), the 30th overall selection in April's draft, played in 46 games at tight end for Purdue, catching 142 passes for 1,882 yards (13.3 avg) and 16 touchdowns. He added 54 yards on four kickoff return...

More...

good ****, I didn't know much about this guy prior to us drafting him but after watching how intense he is on the field and how humble he seems off it I'm excited to see what kind of weapon he can be for the Jets.

Off to see the new Batman, I had tickets last night but when I got there at 9 to drink at Chilis for the 12 o'clock showing and saw people including but not limited to a shirtless bat man in underwear. I knew I was going to wind up sitting next to someone like him and scalped my tickets when all the showings sold out for 50$.

I have this feeling about keller that even though he is sort of a misfit position on an offense with a second year starting QB...he will still be a great draft pick. I'm guessing around 25 to 30 catches this year and then substatially more in his sophmore campaign.

Sucks that he wears #81 though.

good ****, I didn't know much about this guy prior to us drafting him but after watching how intense he is on the field and how humble he seems off it I'm excited to see what kind of weapon he can be for the Jets.

Off to see the new Batman, I had tickets last night but when I got there at 9 to drink at Chilis for the 12 o'clock showing and saw people including but not limited to a shirtless bat man in underwear. I knew I was going to wind up sitting next to someone like him and scalped my tickets when all the showings sold out for 50$.

That choice was infinitely smarter than your choice of user name. I'm going to see it tonight as well. That is if my house doesn't flood.

I have this feeling about keller that even though he is sort of a misfit position on an offense with a second year starting QB...he will still be a great draft pick. I'm guessing around 25 to 30 catches this year and then substatially more in his sophmore campaign.

are you wishing he picked 82

What do you have against Derrick Gaffney?

HEARD ON WFAN SO 5 DOWN AND 1 TO GO :Typotux:ets | Zenon waived

Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:47:49 -0700 New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced Friday, July 18, that the team waived CB Jonathan Zenon.Jets | Keller signs

Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:47:14 -0700 New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum announced Friday, July 18, that the team signed TE Dustin Keller. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Great to see that he signed. Only one more pick left!

Solid job by the organization. Five down, one to go. Hopefully this won't turn out to be another Revis case like it was with Gholston, but according to NewYorkJets.com the talks are heating up. There should be a deal in place by the 24th, in my opinion, because Tannenbaum has an excellent track record of getting his players signed by Camp (only one - Revis - has missed time in Camp because of a contract issue since Mr.T was working with contracts).

You don't want anyone to miss camp. But Keller is important. They can get a good look at him and see how best to maximize his talents (i.e. get a feel for where his blocking is at and what they can do with him).

Archived