Female Red Sox fan goes off in her blog

Gainzo

Did Garb type this blog? No offence T. :P

In Defense of the Pink Hat

It's time for me to take a stand.

It's common parlance around these parts and elsewhere to refer to the ever-growing body of bull****, bandwagoneering Boston fans with the derogatory term "pink-hatters." And you know what? I'm sick of it. It's time I stepped up and took umbrage (GIVE ME SOME UMBRAGE WHERE IS MY ****ING UMBRAGE) with this particular bit of nomenclature and threw it all on the line in defense of this most reviled piece of caparison:

pMLB2-1504304reg.jpg

/drops beat

Now let me break it down for you.

The first and most obvious response to the "pink-hatters" tag is that bandwagoneering is hardly gender-specific. There are tons of dudes in Dice-K jerseys who wouldn't know Mike Benjamin from a gat damn hole in the wall at every Sox game and sports bar I go to. Oh, you think Trot Nixon represents "the old guard" of the Red Sox? Get bent, loser. It's not fair to label bandwagon fans with a nickname implying that they're all female. Of course it pisses me off when chicks bandwagon. But it pisses me off when dudes bandwagon, too. Let's at least be equal-opportunity haters, yes?

The second, and quite frankly more important, point is thus: THERE IS NOTHING INTRINSICALLY WRONG WITH A PINK HAT. Got that? Nothing. Yes, I own a fitted authentic gameday hat, proudly on display in my picture.

hat.jpg

That's usually my Sox gear of choice. Wearing it right now, in fact... nice wide brim to cover up a hangover with. But you know what? Sometimes I don't WANT to look all hard-core like that. Sometimes I want to look cute and/or girly and/or sparkly while still showing my support for my team. Sometimes I want to be a baseball fan while also showing off my nice, perky, 23-year-old **** in some kind of Alyssa Milano-inspired sports garb, or while showing off my ability to accessorize glitter effectively. Just yesterday I saw a hat that had "red sox" written on it in little rhinestones. And I wanted it. ****, I might go buy it today. I already own both Red Sox and Celtics belly button rings, fer chrissake. There's no going back for me.

Oh, and I OWN A ****ING PINK HAT.

I got it back in high school... waaay back before the bandwagon kids showed up. Back when I used to put pictures of Tino Martinez on my wall and tape the Boston logo over his pinstripes while cursing George Steinbrenner and his army of dream destroyers with every waking breath. My sister and I had matching pink hats, in fact -- we went to go buy them together and it was awesome. Later, I got mine autographed by Jeff Suppan. I still wear it when I golf. It's cute and it's comfy and it looks awesome with my pink running shoes.

And I'm no bull**** fan, folks. I can calculate RER by hand. I'll explain to you exactly what's wrong with Craig Hansen's slider (NO LATERAL BREAK DAMMIT). I'll recite Dennis Eckersley's stats by team for you. And dad gum it, I WILL WEAR A MOTHER****ING PINK HAT IF I WANT TO. I'm, ya know, A CHICK, and I reserve the right to act like NOT a dude when I ****ing feel like it. I like the Red Sox, and I like pink things, and if some article of clothing conveniently happens to represent the juxtaposition of those two things, then it must be my lucky ****ing day. Don't begrudge me or the other fine ladies of Red Sox Nation our chosen apparel. You're the one wearing an "authentic" home jersey THAT HAS THE PLAYER'S LAST NAME ON THE BACK. RED SOX HOME JERSEYS DO NOT HAVE NAMES ON THE BACK YOU DIP**** POSER. HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?!

So please: hate the bandwagon fans. It's your right to. But back off the pink hats. Not all pink-hatters are created equal.

Garb is the ghost writer for that blog.

My blog would be more about how much Larry Lucchino sucks....

What's wrong with what she wrote? If a guy wrote that, you'd all be lining up to buy the man a beer. Yeesh!

I like this girl! Sassy! 100% Correct too. Bahstin chicks are wicked smaht.;)

My blog would be more about how much Larry Lucchino sucks....

I like this girl! Sassy! 100% Correct too. Bahstin chicks are wicked smaht.;)

You know I was kidding right? I bet this girl is from Dorchester, Quincy or Southie.

Your thoughts?

You know I was kidding right? I bet this girl is from Dorchester, Quincy or Southie.

Your thoughts?

You really weren't kidding. But that's okay. My reputation here is um....well, it is what it is. The chick with an opinion. That's putting it nicely.

Anyway....you think she is from Dot, Qunicy or Southie? C'mon! Very doubtful. She's too smaht to be the product of an inner city public school system. It's too well written. Plus, you ever hear a Dot-Rat say "umbrage?" Yah, me either.....

You really weren't kidding. But that's okay. My reputation here is um....well, it is what it is. The chick with an opinion. That's putting it nicely.

Anyway....you think she is from Dot, Qunicy or Southie? C'mon! Very doubtful. She's too smaht to be the product of an inner city public school system. It's too well written. Plus, you ever hear a Dot-Rat say "umbrage?" Yah, me either.....

They still do the whole "busing" thing in Boston. I think she is from Dorchester.

Haha. That was a good read, I'd like to meet this gal!

I must admit, I have some pretty fem hats and honestly, probably wouldn't wear them to a game or outside the house. Although I look damn cute with a hat on, it just isn't my first choice unless I'm hungover running to the store and can't find my sunglasses.

I have 2 Yankees hats... one pink that was bought in the Yankee store dammit and the other green with 4-leaf clovers/Irish hat. And not to forget 2 Jets hats... one pink with the NY logo and the other mint green with the Jets logo which was bought at the stadium.

Hell, I'm in support of anything pink, girly and sparkly, but I feel like I need to get me some true team color hats now. :disgust:

Haha. That was a good read, I'd like to meet this gal!

I must admit, I have some pretty fem hats and honestly, probably wouldn't wear them to a game or outside the house. Although I look damn cute with a hat on, it just isn't my first choice unless I'm hungover running to the store and can't find my sunglasses.

I have 2 Yankees hats... one pink that was bought in the Yankee store dammit and the other green with 4-leaf clovers/Irish hat. And not to forget 2 Jets hats... one pink with the NY logo and the other mint green with the Jets logo which was bought at the stadium.

Hell, I'm in support of anything pink, girly and sparkly, but I feel like I need to get me some true team color hats now. :disgust:

I used to have a pink golf bag. No lie. Did it on purpose too. Wanted to make sure everyone had low expectations regarding my game. That sucker is long gone - and it's not because my game has gotten that much better - I've just grown up a little and the bag needed an upgrade. How awful that I equated a pink bag with poor golfing....you know? I guess part of it was in fun. But, I was just feeding the monster really.

Anyway, wear whatever you like and looks good on you. Your fandom should not be questioned because of the color of your cap or jersey.

unless you're a guy. pink hat is a no-no.

I know, I know....you prefer the funky purple one with the interesting and colorful flag on it....or sometimes the one with the inverted pick triangle, right? An excellent choice when you and Gainzo go to see Umass hockey games together.

I know, I know....you prefer the funky purple one with the interesting and colorful flag on it....or sometimes the one with the inverted pick triangle, right? An excellent choice when you and Gainzo go to see Umass hockey games together.

I have a red cap and a blue one but not the game cap.

And I dont like rubbing my gayness in everyone's faces... no triangles or rainbows for me.:D

When LBS and I were at the UMass-Lowell/UMass game at the Tsongas Arena I had to fend off his advances all night.

You know I'm still pissed about the "powers that be" that tried to kill Lowell hockey a few years ago.

UMass can go F themselves for all I care.

Do you blame them? Its pretty pathetic that the State University is so lousy in hockey. Now if we could combine the 2 programs and spend more money, maybe we can compete....

:D

Another reason why I hate the politics of education instead of doing the right thing. Imagine if both schools were strong in Hockey East. It would give a lot of great attention to the school. Friggin UNH in the middle of nowhere is bigtime, and neither of our teams can stay above #5 in the league..

Hopefully someday the trustees will pull their head out of each others asses and put these teams on the map. Im really looking forward to Lowell's team this year. This will be the breakout year.

Do you blame them? Its pretty pathetic that the State University is so lousy in hockey. Now if we could combine the 2 programs and spend more money, maybe we can compete....

:D

Another reason why I hate the politics of education instead of doing the right thing. Imagine if both schools were strong in Hockey East. It would give a lot of great attention to the school. Friggin UNH in the middle of nowhere is bigtime, and neither of our teams can stay above #5 in the league..

Hopefully someday the trustees will pull their head out of each others asses and put these teams on the map. Im really looking forward to Lowell's team this year. This will be the breakout year.

No offense Jay but Lowell will never merge with those fags from Amherst.

No offense Jay but Lowell will never merge with those fags from Amherst.

wait till the next budget crunch... either upgrade the rest of your sports or get out...:)

of course Im the only one who would like the move since I root for the Riverhawks. and a amherst alum...

It would be awesome if we could both become powerhouses. And finally shut Jack Parker up.

wait till the next budget crunch... either upgrade the rest of your sports or get out...:)

of course Im the only one who would like the move since I root for the Riverhawks. and a amherst alum...

It would be awesome if we could both become powerhouses. And finally shut Jack Parker up.

Regardless of what you say about Lowell, the RiverHawks care. UMass-Amherst? Not so much.

BTW: Northeastern sucks donkey balls.

Sometimes I want to be a baseball fan while also showing off my nice, perky, 23-year-old **** in some kind of Alyssa Milano-inspired sports garb

Sometimes I want her to show off her nice, perky, 23-year-old ****

. . .

And then I want to play with them.

Archived