The Age Old Question: Will The Jets Win A Super Bowl In My Lifetime

The Gun Of Bavaria

I'm 33 going on 34 and the question remains, will I ever witnesses the Jets win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

Discuss.

Didn't realize you were that young. You looked much older when I met you in person a few years ago. ;)

The Jets will win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, we're due.

What I just said can probably be put in quotes with a signature of "Vinny - 1987" just below it.

Didn't realize you were that young. You looked much older when I met you in person a few years ago. ;)

What I just said can probably be put in quotes with a signature of "Vinny - 1987" just below it.

hahahaha

Wait til you see me now, I have gray hairs sneaking through.

I'd like the think that the Jets will it one day, when you look at fluke teams like the Giants last year and the Ravens in 2000. If there's ever an administration that will do it, it's Tangini I think. If they can't do it with what appears to be the most competent coaching we've had in a while, I dunno then

98 and 99 were our best shots at it, and a disaster always seems to be available for this team at just the right time. at least I have some hope with this regime, under Herm it was like treading water.

Only if you get a great QB and even then.

The Jets curse right now is they are in the same division as Brady. He turns 31 soon if not already and seeing he does not rely on speed or an abnormally strong arm, he could last for another decade if he so choose with little drop in production.

The Jets curse right now is they are in the same division as Brady. He turns 31 soon if not already and seeing he does not rely on speed or an abnormally strong arm, he could last for another decade if he so choose with little drop in production.

And I see PatsFanTX just drooling on the bottom of this page dying to post. it's probably killing him reading this stuff.

I agree with you on that. being in the same division with the Patriots and Brady is one of the biggest hurdles right now.

And I see PatsFanTX just drooling on the bottom of this page dying to post. it's probably killing him reading this stuff.

I agree with you on that. being in the same division with the Patriots and Brady is one of the biggest hurdles right now.

Then there's only one thing to do. Tamper with Tom Brady and get him into a Jets uniform.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

When that football bounced off the crossbar a few years back after losing 1 yard on Penny taking a knee, I thought that was all she wrote. Still, it's still hard to be positive.

Then there's only one thing to do. Tamper with Tom Brady and get him into a Jets uniform.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

When that football bounced off the crossbar a few years back after losing 1 yard on Penny taking a knee, I thought that was all she wrote. Still, it's still hard to be positive.

Brady is due for a serious injury, not that I'm wishing it on him or anything. but it would be interesting to see mumbles skirt lifted up by this happening.

The Jets should have crushed the Steelers in that game. it should never have come down to that pathetic ending. that game still pisses me off.

Brady is due for a serious injury, not that I'm wishing it on him or anything. but it would be interesting to see mumbles skirt lifted up by this happening.

The Jets should have crushed the Steelers in that game. it should never have come down to that pathetic ending. that game still pisses me off.

Oh here we go again. If Kaeding did not choke the week before, you would be only left with the first round exit.

Oh here we go again. If Kaeding did not choke the week before, you would be only left with the first round exit.

And had John Hall not hit that 48 yarder in Oakland in 2001 the Patriots do not win a super bowl. after Herm used the same exact game plan the next week in Oakland I kind of wished he missed that kick. would of's and should of's don't count, I know that. but this wasn't luck or choke or lack of luck, it was pure incompetence of a moron head coach that we had at that time. you should be thanking Herm for some of your SB trophies too. he certainly did help.

And had John Hall not hit that 48 yarder in Oakland in 2001 the Patriots do not win a super bowl. after Herm used the same exact game plan the next week in Oakland I kind of wished he missed that kick. would of's and should of's don't count, I know that. but this wasn't luck or choke or lack of luck, it was pure incompetence of a moron head coach that we had at that time. you should be thanking Herm for some of your SB trophies too. he certainly did help.

Not discounting the affects of cross country travel, but that is a bit naive to think.

The Patriots went to Pittsburgh and won. Going to the overratted confines of Oakland would have been doable.

If it wasn't for an Almighty Eric Barton screw up, then Kaeding doesn't have a shot.

Morale of the story: Ifs and buts mean sweet **** all.

Not discounting the affects of cross country travel, but that is a bit naive to think.

The Patriots went to Pittsburgh and won. Going to the overratted confines of Oakland would have been doable.

I don't think it's naive at all.

The Patriots would have been on the road with no bye week. are you discounting how important that is for mumbles? and that tuck play is what saved the Pats at home against the Raiders in a snowstorm.

I don't think it's naive at all.

The Patriots would have been on the road with no bye week. are you discounting how important that is for mumbles? and that tuck play is what saved the Pats at home against the Raiders in a snowstorm.

Oviously, there is a benefit for allowing your team to heal. On the flip side, some teams, i.e. Colts, have shown it is not always beneficial, but I digress.

The Giants got hot at the right time. Like the Steelers two years ago and the Patriots seven years ago.

That correct call would have been more appropo in Oakland after their 1976 gift.

That's why we got Gholston. ;)

Aint that the truth, the guy relies on one thing and one thing only:

1195006063_digital_video_recorder.jpg&Width=500

:sign0151:

the short answer to Guns' question is; NO....I've resigned myself to the fact that I got a chance to see the Jets win a SB live on TV-WHEN I WAS IN THE 8th FRIGGIN GRADE!!!!

I think they won't win another until my ashes are blowing in the Florida breeze-I just don't think it'll ever happen again...

If there hadn't been such a bull**** rule the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl in 2001, either.

You do forget to remember that Doug Brien missed a Field Goal earlier in that game and if he had hit that, Keading's Field Goal would have been irrelevant.

the short answer to Guns' question is; NO....I've resigned myself to the fact that I got a chance to see the Jets win a SB live on TV-WHEN I WAS IN THE 8th FRIGGIN GRADE!!!!

I think they won't win another until my ashes are blowing in the Florida breeze-I just don't think it'll ever happen again...

Lucky guy.

If there hadn't been such a bull**** rule the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl in 2001, either.

You do forget to remember that Doug Brien missed a Field Goal earlier in that game and if he had hit that, Keading's Field Goal would have been irrelevant.

And yet, it is still the same rule today.

Like I always tell my dad.........at least you saw one!! That seems to be my fate with the Tigers, living a life of watching them win the World Series when I was 10.

Like I always tell my dad.........at least you saw one!! That seems to be my fate with the Tigers, living a life of watching them win the World Series when I was 10.

you missed a great Tigers team in '68 Guns...McLain, Lolich, Kaline, Cash, McCauliffe, Freehan, Horton, Stanley a real team team ya know-except Mclain who was God that year. He actually served up Mickey mantle's 535th HR (which put him past Jimmie Foxx) on a silver plattter because Mickey was his idol

Archived