Alien contact covered up, says Apollo veteran Edgar Mitchell

SoFlaJets

July 24, 2008 02:05pm

FORMER NASA astronaut and moonwalker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens do exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Do you think aliens exist? And has it been covered up? Vote in our poll below right and debate it via the feedback form below.

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

the latter...one, not plural

THAT'S TOTALLY COOL !!! Can't imagine how you felt ! IMHO there's just too much UNexplained "****" out there that the government tries to pawn off as regular aircraft or swamp gas. Swamp gas my ***. From some of the aerial photos of ancient ruins there are symbols that CAN'T be explained away. How about the precise sides and alignment of the pyramids? Stonehedge? There's tons of ancient symbols found that sure as hell look like frilling UFO's .

i had a dream once we were being attacked by aliens that all looked

like scarlet johansson, i surrendered and after a 20 second session, they

tossed me out of the spacecraft!!!

that was no dream afos-you were abducted and if you squeeze real hard between your left thumb and forefinger you'll fell the metallic implant

i had a dream once we were being attacked by aliens that all looked

like scarlet johansson, i surrendered and after a 20 second session, they

tossed me out of the spacecraft!!!

Good thing it only takes you 15 seconds to finish.

I agree. And I would totally have a 3 way with Mulder and Scully! lol.

Please clue me in next time you venture into these waters. I'd certainly like to participate...in the discussion. BTW, female JN posters are always given free reign when talking about three-ways. Right, Max?

Verde...Verde.... you are KILLING me here.:lickt:

I'll admit it. Mulder and Scully turn me on. lol. The fact that the movie is coming out tonight is making me a little crazy in that way. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shower. lol.

I'll admit it. Mulder and Scully turn me on. lol. The fact that the movie is coming out tonight is making me a little crazy in that way. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shower. lol.

Is it a hand held shower massage by any chance?

Is it a hand held shower massage by any chance?

See? This is the kind of insightful, well constructed, and--definitely--thought provoking question that makes an educator proud. Kudos for achieving master status. LOL on the post. Great.

Crazy conversations going on in this thread haha.

I have come to the conclusion that I never want to see a UFO. Dreamt about it one time and it was basically real, just judging by that I'll pass. I do believe in them though. Maybe they aren't hostile but you know we are so maybe that's why they have kept away.

July 24, 2008 02:05pm

FORMER NASA astronaut and moonwalker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens do exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Do you think aliens exist? And has it been covered up? Vote in our poll below right and debate it via the feedback form below.

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

not to be "that guy" but this is all believable.

not saying he's right, but can anyone honestly say they would be SURPRISED if the government was hiding aliens from us? (cough ROSWELL)

If the aliens came here I only have two questions/statements.

1. Could you please explain to me what about our physics is so wrong that the idea of you coming here is almost impossible.

2. If you are so smart that you are above our laws are physics why aren't you smart enough to know that there isn't anything worthwhile on this ****ty mudball of a planet.

Archived