Chad sporting a new facemask

Matt39

Notice that he's on the ground again. Chad is one QB that has a really difficult time feeling the rush and knowing when to DUMP IT! Who gives a crap about the facemask?

Seriously, F*** the facemask. It's still Pennington no matter what he wears.

Haters hate.

Not haters, just realists. Chad's best days--which weren't that great in retrospect--are way past him. Why we're here at the start of the season with an unproven Clemens, and a proven mediocre QB in Chad, is astonishing. (Read: really mother f**kin' frustrating.)

Not haters, just realists. Chad's best days--which weren't that great in retrospect--are way past him. Why we're here at the start of the season with an unproven Clemens, and a proven mediocre QB in Chad, is astonishing. (Read: really mother f**kin' frustrating.)

You gotta admit, Chad had a sick year in 2002.

What he said. Key phrases "which weren't that great" "way past him"

Yes, I will. But it's now the 2008-09 season. I like Chad as a person and leader, just not as my QB.

I never said I liked him, I don't like Chad nor Clemens on the field. Off the field, it's a different story.

I never said I liked him, I don't like Chad nor Clemens on the field. Off the field, it's a different story.

I was just adding how I felt about him, not from your comment. Most athletes can only dream of having the heart, physical toughness, and determination to come back from his devastating arm injuries. Can you imagine that rehab? That part of the equation no one can ever take away from him. I just think that he has never been the same since and, when you factor in that he's that much older, I think he should not be our starter. But, knowing history, I can all but guarantee that Chad will be under center on opening day, which--in my opinion--dooms our season...again.

You gotta admit, Chad had a sick year in 2002.

So did Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Trent Green, Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes, Charlie Garner, Michael Bennett, Jerry Rice, Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Koren Robinson, & Joe Horn. How many of them do you want starting for us this year?

Notice that he's on the ground again. Chad is one QB that has a really difficult time feeling the rush and knowing when to DUMP IT! Who gives a crap about the facemask?

Are you kidding? Thats one of the things he is actually good at.. lol he always gets the ball out of his hands... sometimes when he should throw it away...

Are you kidding? Thats one of the things he is actually good at.. lol he always gets the ball out of his hands... sometimes when he should throw it away...

LOL. Seriously, I think he holds the ball way too long. That's why he often gets the ball swatted out of his hands when the pocket collapses. Maybe not at the Obie level, but who could be.

LOL. Seriously, I think he holds the ball way too long. That's why he often gets the ball swatted out of his hands when the pocket collapses. Maybe not at the Obie level, but who could be.

If Chad's bad at feeling the pressure then Kellen is worse. He got sacked way too much last year when he replaced Pennington because he held onto the ball forever.

So did Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Trent Green, Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes, Charlie Garner, Michael Bennett, Jerry Rice, Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, Koren Robinson, & Joe Horn. How many of them do you want starting for us this year?

I'll gladly take Ricky...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/

-Ricky makes a nice 10-yard run up the right side, and puts a little hot sauce on his hit on Scorpio Babers after the play. Ricky finishes every run hard.

-I hope you don

If Chad's bad at feeling the pressure then Kellen is worse. He got sacked way too much last year when he replaced Pennington because he held onto the ball forever.

I think Chad holds it too long because he doesn't feel the rush. Clemens, on the other hand, holds onto it because he wants to make something happen. He hasn't learned that it's better to throw it away and go back to the huddle, rather than getting it stripped on a run or picked off throwing into coverage. He also needs to learn that it's okay to punt instead of risking points the other way.

I for one am happy to see the facemask change. I've always hated seeing a quarterback wearing the long facemasks. It just never fit the position. Kinda like a safety (Tyrone Braxton) wearing this monstrosity:

moz-screenshot.jpg347579.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B3EA2C03450C94868D1D6AD475CC7CD9284831B75F48EF45

That's NOT a facemask for a defensive back.

Archived