Good Morning Green!

drdolphin

I know who Matt Roth is, and he has been average at best throughout his career. Yes he's young but a few preseason games aren't going to convince me that he's going to be a great 3-4 OLB.

You don't have to be great to have an impact. I see a lot of Mike Vrable in Matt Roth.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Green,

Yeah I know what you are thinking. You are thinking "damn the Dolphins just might be for real this year." Get your notebooks out and start taking notes. Ted Ginn, Ricky Williams, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Chad Pennington. If you have troubles will spelling just write down 19,34,52,98 and 10.

Can't wait until opening day in OUR house.

You know what I'm actually thinking?

Pennington looks good always in the pre-season. When teams do not SCHEME against him, he looks solid. However, when they SCHEME against his weaknesses, and move 8 and even 9 in the box... guess what.. it doesn't matter how fast GINN can run... He can't reach. So we'll guard against the short passes and the run

You know what I'm actually thinking?

Pennington looks good always in the pre-season. When teams do not SCHEME against him, he looks solid. However, when they SCHEME against his weaknesses, and move 8 and even 9 in the box... guess what.. it doesn't matter how fast GINN can run... He can't reach. So we'll guard against the short passes and the run

Did you watch the preseason last year by any chance?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80192221

Yeah, looking good as always.

:confused0058:

Dear Green,

Yeah I know what you are thinking. You are thinking "damn the Dolphins just might be for real this year." Get your notebooks out and start taking notes. Ted Ginn, Ricky Williams, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Chad Pennington. If you have troubles will spelling just write down 19,34,52,98 and 10.

When I think of the names that strike fear in the hearts of Jets fans, I think of:

19. The over-drafted, over-glorified, undersized punt returner...

34. The formerly talented, turned pot-head who hasn't played 16 games since 03 running back...

52. Who?

98. Are you talking about my Rabbi?

10. The oft-injured, noodle-armed QB we discarded a few weeks back...

I'm horrified.

Why are Ginn and Pennington a terrible match? Just because Ginn's fast and Pennington doesn't have a great arm doesn't make it a terrible match. They both love the game and love to study and they have quickly developed an excellent relationship.

Because Pennington's limitations are in direct conflict with Ginn's strengths (scratch that, strength, because he's only got one thing, speed). Santana Moss made his first pro-bowl, and had his breakout year only after leaving Pennington for the mediocrity of the Washington Redskin's QB carousel at the time.

Oh, and most posters on this board 'love the game', that doesn't make them a good fit at NFL QB.

Because Pennington's limitations are in direct conflict with Ginn's strengths (scratch that, strength, because he's only got one thing, speed). Santana Moss made his first pro-bowl, and had his breakout year only after leaving Pennington for the mediocrity of the Washington Redskin's QB carousel at the time.

Oh, and most posters on this board 'love the game', that doesn't make them a good fit at NFL QB.

Exactly my point...Good post.

Again, we'll see what happens. Edwards and Henne/Beck both have a lot of work to do if they want to get the job done. We'll see what happens with the Patriots...At some point in time they are going to have to think about the future of the QB position. The Jets better hope either Ratliff or Clemens develop nicely as well.

I haven't really paid attn. to the Dolphins in preseason, but I do know that Ginn and Pennington are a terrible match, and Jake Long is going to struggle when he faces good NFL pass rushers... Hell, Vernon Gholston scorched him last year in the OSU-MICH game.

Parcells is rebuilding this year and planning for the long run, which is good, the Dolphag franchise needs it. However, to expect a playoff appearance a year after you went 1-15, and made no real significant upgrade anywhere besides 2 OL spots and a slight upgrade at QB is a little unrealistic I think.

And its not like you guys were only chitty for one year because of an injury or something...You've missed the playoffs 5 or 6 consecutive years. You guys need to rebuild.

Parcells took a 1-15 and just missed the playoffs the next-wanna guess who that team was?

Parcells took a 1-15 and just missed the playoffs the next-wanna guess who that team was?

Yes, but in that time he brought in Vinny Testeverde in his prime, Curtis Martin, Kevin Mawae, Jason Ferguson way back when he was still a youngster, we had just drafted Keyshaun Johnson the year before, and I believe he signed Chrebet, although he may have been the year before as well. We were also a playoff team about 2 or 3 years before, while the Dolphins haven't had a winning season in 6 years. Big difference, dontcha think?

Yes, but in that time he brought in Vinny Testeverde in his prime, Curtis Martin, Kevin Mawae, Jason Ferguson way back when he was still a youngster, we had just drafted Keyshaun Johnson the year before, and I believe he signed Chrebet, although he may have been the year before as well. We were also a playoff team about 2 or 3 years before, while the Dolphins haven't had a winning season in 6 years. Big difference, dontcha think?

Not true, we were 9-7 in 2005, 10-6 in 2003 and 9-7 in 2002. We're 3-3 the last 6 years for having a winning season.

And we all know Jenkins is going to fall on Chad. Hell, he will probably catch him from behind.

omg...the human tragedy should that image come to fruition....omg....just limbs dangling from every direction. they'll need one of those big excavating thing a ma jigs to pry him from the sod. shiver.

yeah, and he had 2 good games and 1 bad one.

LOL, stop talking BS.

In the first Atlanta game he didn't throw a single pass. Good? LOL

In the Giants game he hit one deep ball to Leon on the first play of the game and did nothing for the rest of the half. Admittedly the protection was awful but it was still far from a 'good' performance.

• 8 months later...
Dear Green,

Actually, I wasn't thinking that at all.

What I was thinking was: "you know what we need here on JN? Another annoying douchenozzle, know-nothing Dolphins fan."

Actually, I wasn't thinking that at all.

What I was thinking was: "you know what we need here on JN? Another annoying douchenozzle, know-nothing Dolphins fan."

:rl: Is there a quota or something ? Seems like we have too many already. :P

Dear Green,

:rl:

Archived