Good Morning Green!

drdolphin

Dear Green,

Yeah I know what you are thinking. You are thinking "damn the Dolphins just might be for real this year." Get your notebooks out and start taking notes. Ted Ginn, Ricky Williams, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Chad Pennington. If you have troubles will spelling just write down 19,34,52,98 and 10.

Can't wait until opening day in OUR house.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Homer,

The fish beat the Chiefs in a pre-season game. This does not automatically make you a playoff contender. In fact, coming off of a 1 win season (laughs), it doesn't even make you a 4 win contender. Please keep in mind that when the Jets come to Miami it is not "your" house, it is painted green and white. It is also the only game of the year the fish can sell out. When your list of best players includes Chad Pennington, you know you're season is fu*ked.

Regards,

The Nation

Dear Homer,

The fish beat the Chiefs in a pre-season game. This does not automatically make you a playoff contender. In fact, coming off of a 1 win season (laughs), it doesn't even make you a 4 win contender. Please keep in mind that when the Jets come to Miami it is not "your" house, it is painted green and white. It is also the only game of the year the fish can sell out. When your list of best players includes Chad Pennington, you know you're season is fu*ked.

Regards,

The Nation

POTWN!!!

Seriously, Ricky Williams is a messed up stoner who is probably only playing cause he's in debt and needs to repay some dealers. Who the F is Matt Roth? Ted Ginn JR. is a good returner, but does not fit in with Chad Pennington's game at all, and Chad Pennington is the only QB in the history of the NFL that cannot throw beyond 5 yds on a rope.

Good luck this season guys, and I hope you all return to the nation the evening of Sept. 7th. See you then!

Dear porpise,

just because this is your first nice win in like three years doesnt mean anything. you still suck, and no one here is even contemplating u as a threat. the only for sure thing is that u are all delusional freaks. even more so than we are. Please, do us all a favor and stop thinking. You continue to release greenhouse gases and effect the polar bear population with your retardation...

Dear Green,

Yeah I know what you are thinking. You are thinking "damn the Dolphins just might be for real this year."

Actually no..... I wasn't thinking anything of the sort. I was however thinking that Ted Ginn must be ready to slit his wrists as his life is now one of getting his bell rung having to lunge at slop thrown over the middle. He also needs to know how to stop dead in his fly pattern and come back to fight for the underthrown balloon. Hopefully he's sturdy and wont miss much time.

Parcells has recognized that Matt Roth is an animal and has moved him to the right position - that should help you guys.

Dear Green,

Yeah I know what you are thinking. You are thinking "damn the Dolphins just might be for real this year." Get your notebooks out and start taking notes. Ted Ginn, Ricky Williams, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Chad Pennington. If you have troubles will spelling just write down 19,34,52,98 and 10.

It's funny how he lists those mediocre players like they are good.

Drdolphin, where are you bud?

BTW, have a fun time week 1 going up against Laverneus Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Kerry Rhodes, TJones, Leon Washington, Brett Favre, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, Darelle Revis, David Harris, and Kris Jenkins. If you cant remember all those names, just remember #87, 89, 25, 20, 29, 4, 66, 74, 24, 52, 77. If you cant remember all those #s, well, you can just look at the scoreboard week 1. That will also be a good indicator of how scared of you the Jets really are.

POTWN!!!

Seriously, Ricky Williams is a messed up stoner who is probably only playing cause he's in debt and needs to repay some dealers. Who the F is Matt Roth? Ted Ginn JR. is a good returner, but does not fit in with Chad Pennington's game at all, and Chad Pennington is the only QB in the history of the NFL that cannot throw beyond 5 yds on a rope.

Good luck this season guys, and I hope you all return to the nation the evening of Sept. 7th. See you then!

A lot of long evenings in an NFL season for a toker like Ricky.

Think Chad took some notes on those 8 sacks against the Giants?

Me too. Who is Matt Roth?

Matt Roth making the switch to outisde backer might just be a career saver for him. He has been average at end (and that's being generous) and he looks unblockable at the SAM linebacker. Our defense is world's better with Jason Ferguson dominating in the middle, Channing Crowder finding a purpose to play, and the rookies Merling and Langford playing so inspired.

Our secondary is way better with Jason Allen and Yeremiah Bell back out on the field. We're going to see a significant upgrade on D.

Matt Roth making the switch to outisde backer might just be a career saver for him. He has been average at end (and that's being generous) and he looks unblockable at the SAM linebacker. Our defense is world's better with Jason Ferguson dominating in the middle, Channing Crowder finding a purpose to play, and the rookies Merling and Langford playing so inspired.

Our secondary is way better with Jason Allen and Yeremiah Bell back out on the field. We're going to see a significant upgrade on D.

Matt Roth or Jayson Taylor... Hmmm.

As I said, Parcells did a good job in his 1st offseason of bringing in a new attitude. He got rid of all the older leaders who've gotten used to losing season after season, and has replaced them with some youth and some fresh attitudes. This year for the Dolphins will be a rebuilding year. I expect to see Sparano play with both the 4-3 and 3-4, and I expect him to move around a lot of players and use a lot of different packages to see who does what the best.

However, as good of a job as Parcells did of ridding your team of bad attitudes, he lost a significant amount of talent in the process. I expect him to look to restore some of that talent through the draft, while continuing to go after middle of the road vets that still have some time left in FA. Give him 3 years, and the Dolphins may just be playoff contenders.

Not yet though. Right now, I dont see the team winning more then 6 or 7 games this season. In three years, when Favre is out of the AFCE and Brady is past his prime, maybe, but I guess that all depends on how Beck/Henne develop.

Dear Green,

1-15

Dear Homer,

Regards,

The Nation

:lol:

Matt Roth or Jayson Taylor... Hmmm.

As I said, Parcells did a good job in his 1st offseason of bringing in a new attitude. He got rid of all the older leaders who've gotten used to losing season after season, and has replaced them with some youth and some fresh attitudes. This year for the Dolphins will be a rebuilding year. I expect to see Sparano play with both the 4-3 and 3-4, and I expect him to move around a lot of players and use a lot of different packages to see who does what the best.

However, as good of a job as Parcells did of ridding your team of bad attitudes, he lost a significant amount of talent in the process. I expect him to look to restore some of that talent through the draft, while continuing to go after middle of the road vets that still have some time left in FA. Give him 3 years, and the Dolphins may just be playoff contenders.

Not yet though. Right now, I dont see the team winning more then 6 or 7 games this season. In three years, when Favre is out of the AFCE and Brady is past his prime, maybe, but I guess that all depends on how Beck/Henne develop.

The pass rush has been far better this pre-season than it ever was last year. Countless times JT was single blocked by tight ends and sometimes running backs. I loved JT of old, but last year he was a primadonna that quit on the team.

Our draft class has looked awesome early on. Langford and Merling have been wreaking havoc on the DL while Jake Long looks very polished for a rookie LT.

I think you're mostly right about the future of the AFCE. By 2010, I think the Dolphins and Bills will be battling for the division while the Patriots and Jets are hovering around .500. The Jets have put a lot of money into a lot of older players, not exactly a great move for the future.

The pass rush has been far better this pre-season than it ever was last year. Countless times JT was single blocked by tight ends and sometimes running backs. I loved JT of old, but last year he was a primadonna that quit on the team.

Our draft class has looked awesome early on. Langford and Merling have been wreaking havoc on the DL while Jake Long looks very polished for a rookie LT.

I think you're mostly right about the future of the AFCE. By 2010, I think the Dolphins and Bills will be battling for the division while the Patriots and Jets are hovering around .500. The Jets have put a lot of money into a lot of older players, not exactly a great move for the future.

Again, we'll see what happens. Edwards and Henne/Beck both have a lot of work to do if they want to get the job done. We'll see what happens with the Patriots...At some point in time they are going to have to think about the future of the QB position. The Jets better hope either Ratliff or Clemens develop nicely as well.

I haven't really paid attn. to the Dolphins in preseason, but I do know that Ginn and Pennington are a terrible match, and Jake Long is going to struggle when he faces good NFL pass rushers... Hell, Vernon Gholston scorched him last year in the OSU-MICH game.

Parcells is rebuilding this year and planning for the long run, which is good, the Dolphag franchise needs it. However, to expect a playoff appearance a year after you went 1-15, and made no real significant upgrade anywhere besides 2 OL spots and a slight upgrade at QB is a little unrealistic I think.

And its not like you guys were only chitty for one year because of an injury or something...You've missed the playoffs 5 or 6 consecutive years. You guys need to rebuild.

Again, we'll see what happens. Edwards and Henne/Beck both have a lot of work to do if they want to get the job done. We'll see what happens with the Patriots...At some point in time they are going to have to think about the future of the QB position. The Jets better hope either Ratliff or Clemens develop nicely as well.

I haven't really paid attn. to the Dolphins in preseason, but I do know that Ginn and Pennington are a terrible match, and Jake Long is going to struggle when he faces good NFL pass rushers... Hell, Vernon Gholston scorched him last year in the OSU-MICH game.

Parcells is rebuilding this year and planning for the long run, which is good, the Dolphag franchise needs it. However, to expect a playoff appearance a year after you went 1-15, and made no real significant upgrade anywhere besides 2 OL spots and a slight upgrade at QB is a little unrealistic I think.

And its not like you guys were only chitty for one year because of an injury or something...You've missed the playoffs 5 or 6 consecutive years. You guys need to rebuild.

Yeah but with the lack of quarterbacks in this leage, we kind of just have to assume some will work out, what else do we have to go off of? That's an interesting point that all the teams in the AFCE are either developing or need to start developing young signal callers over the next few years. We've seen how putrid the Patriots go when Brady doesn't play, if he misses significant time, the Pats won't win 7 games.

Why are Ginn and Pennington a terrible match? Just because Ginn's fast and Pennington doesn't have a great arm doesn't make it a terrible match. They both love the game and love to study and they have quickly developed an excellent relationship.

Jake Long has had to deal with Gaines Adams, Reggie Hayward/Quentin Groves and Tambi Hail; those guys are all good ends/pass rushers.

I'm not saying this team will go to the playoffs. I'd be surprised, but not in utter shock if it happens.

Wait...Wait... Slow down.

So you're saying that there is such a thing as a dolphin fan?

That is until Week 2 when their season is already over. Then they move onto.... Um... What do Floridians move onto in sports when the Dolphins suck? Marlins have no fans. I guess hockey, or basketball might be a viable choice for the Dolphins fans.

Do you guys pay attention to any team other than the Jets? Seriously, the Dolphins are one of your 2 biggest rivals, how do you not know them inside and out? Matt Roth was our 2nd round pick in 2005. He's played end in the 4-3 for his first 3 years and now has moved to strong side OLB in our new 3-4 and he looked AWESOME last night.

Yeah but with the lack of quarterbacks in this leage, we kind of just have to assume some will work out, what else do we have to go off of? That's an interesting point that all the teams in the AFCE are either developing or need to start developing young signal callers over the next few years. We've seen how putrid the Patriots go when Brady doesn't play, if he misses significant time, the Pats won't win 7 games.

Why are Ginn and Pennington a terrible match? Just because Ginn's fast and Pennington doesn't have a great arm doesn't make it a terrible match. They both love the game and love to study and they have quickly developed an excellent relationship.

Jake Long has had to deal with Gaines Adams, Reggie Hayward/Quentin Groves and Tambi Hail; those guys are all good ends/pass rushers.

I'm not saying this team will go to the playoffs. I'd be surprised, but not in utter shock if it happens.

Yes, the Phins, Pats, and Jets now all have starting QB's that are on the backsides of their careers. Of those three, only the Jets and Patriots have HOF QB's...But only the Jets and Dolphins have young backups who they are grooming to take over the starting job. Therefore, I expect Edwards to develop the most because he is going to be getting more playing time than any other young QB in the AFCE. But you never know though, nobody had even heard of Tom Brady until he lead that comeback against the Jets when Bledsoe went down.

As for Ginn and Pennington, well yes, thats part of it. The other part: Well, run fast is about the only thing Ginn likes to do and does well. He has never been a good route runner, he doesn't like to sacrifice his body over the middle, and he has avg. height (about 6'0) and hands. Pennington on the other hand has way below avg. Arm strength. Is playing behind a below avg. pass blocking OL, and likes to play a west coast offense, moving methodically down the field. Therefore, its usually the possession receivers (Chrebet, Coles, Cotch), that perform better with Penny, as opposed to the speed receivers (Santana Moss).

All the players you mentioned that Long has gone up against are all rookies or 2nd years. They were pretty good in college, they are avg. at best in the NFL. We'll see how he does going up against the Dwight Freeneys, Justin Tucks, and Richard Seymour's of the league.

Playoffs and Dolphins shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...At least not yet. Especially in this division and conference.

Do you guys pay attention to any team other than the Jets? Seriously, the Dolphins are one of your 2 biggest rivals, how do you not know them inside and out? Matt Roth was our 2nd round pick in 2005. He's played end in the 4-3 for his first 3 years and now has moved to strong side OLB in our new 3-4 and he looked AWESOME last night.

I know players outside the Jets, I just don't know scrubs.

Because we're undefeated against you guys the past 3 seasons is part of the reason. And the other part is that you haven't won more then 9 games since '01 and haven't had a winning record since '02.

Sorry if we don't perceive you guys to be our biggest threat.

It doesn't matter who your threats are. The Falcons are the worst team in the league in my opinion and I don't consider them a threat to the Dolphins but I sitll know their players because I am a fan of the game.

I know some Dolphin players as well, its just that I dont feel the need to know your roster "inside out".

Archived