Brady Not That Great Anyway

Mangold's Brother

Brady is a little better than average NFL QB, that's it. He's not even close to a Marino, Favre or Montana in their prime. He just doesn't have the talent of those guys. He just happens to be on a great team with a perfect system for him.

then why are all the douche bags around here so happy he's out? Dont give me an answer like "he's gay, or he's ****y, or its karma" its because you know the jets had NO chance of beating the patriots this year unless Brady was down.

Brady is a little better than average NFL QB, that's it. He's not even close to a Marino, Favre or Montana in their prime. He just doesn't have the talent of those guys. He just happens to be on a great team with a perfect system for him.

Wow! LOL!

I agree 100%. Brady has gotten better since 2001 - but he is still just an above average QB. The Jets better not be sleeping this weekend because the Pats will still be a good team with or without Brady. I think the Pats coaches will coach the team similar to 2001 and play it conservative.

No? Somehow he's led his teams to MULTIPLE super bowls and is a SURE FIRE 1st ballot HOF player. Sorry, but Brady is right up there.

The thing that Brady has that most players do not is when the HEAT IS ON, his game RISES. That's the mark of an HOF player.

Brady never threw for more than 28 TD's without Randy Moss. You will see that the Pats will not be that bad of a team without him. If the Broncos lost Elway or the Phins lost Marino thier teams would be terrible. Not the case with Brady. And hey I hate all the Pats equal. Not just Brady. I admit Moss is a HOFer, and they have other great players. Just saying Brady is not one of them.

Brady never threw for more than 28 TD's without Randy Moss. You will see that the Pats will not be that bad of a team without him. If the Broncos lost Elway or the Phins lost Marino thier teams would be terrible. Not the case with Brady. And hey I hate all the Pats equal. Not just Brady. I admit Moss is a HOFer, and they have other great players. Just saying Brady is not one of them.

:rl: did you watch any games in 06? did you see brady'e rec'ing crew?

Guys don't hammer this dude so quickly.

Look how the unstoppable Peyton Manning performs without Jeff Saturday blocking for him.

Unless Brady's backup is an idiot, the Patriots will still be good this year, because their OL will still buy the QB as much time as Tom had. An added advantage will be that nobody has any film on him. It could be like Chad's first year.

Favre's backup in Green Bay just won a division game. Was their strength the QB? or the Line?

My biggest fear this year was whether the NYJ line could keep Farve out of the hospital. So far, so good.

I won't call Brady average, but he DOES have very good people around him.

Look how the unstoppable Peyton Manning performs without Jeff Saturday blocking for him.

Unless Brady's backup is an idiot, the Patriots will still be good this year, because their OL will still buy the QB as much time as Tom had. An added advantage will be that nobody has any film on him. It could be like Chad's first year.

Favre's backup in Green Bay just won a division game. Was their strength the QB? or the Line?

My biggest fear this year was whether the NYJ line could keep Farve out of the hospital. So far, so good.

brady has the ability to see the defense & change the play at the los. he has the ability to make d's pay for sending too many rushers. cassell will not have that luxury. he'll have to prove himself before d's worry about being burned

That's a very perspective post. Well put. Ya know what's strange to me? This is a Jets site and Brady has dominated the headlines and threads for the last 3 days.

That's a very perspective post. Well put. Ya know what's strange to me? This is a Jets site and Brady has dominated the headlines and threads for the last 3 days.

That is because we play them this week-most Jet fans have been looking towards this game all off season since the schedule came out.

My team faces our biggest rival this week too. I think it's on sunday night football.

Yeah The Clowns are playing you Sunday night- I will probably be shot from the festivities during the day but will watch it when I get home.

then why are all the douche bags around here so happy he's out? Dont give me an answer like "he's gay, or he's ****y, or its karma" its because you know the jets had NO chance of beating the patriots this year unless Brady was down.

how can you say we had no chance.. i wish brady wasnt hurt so we could of beat you with no excuses

Yeah The Clowns are playing you Sunday night- I will probably be shot from the festivities during the day but will watch it when I get home.

Holy crap u even spelled their name right! Positive rep! lol

Should be some very exciting games this week. I'm really digging Favre, watched the replays and that long bomb was something you guys prolly jumped out of your seats on. :1st:

To say we had no shot at beating the cheaters with Brady is ridiculous. I liked our chances alot at home once we signed Favre.

it has to do with the fact that he is a pompous ass and he plays for a bunch of cheaters. ther have been other teams that have won alot and i didnt hate them. ther have been many years when the jets didnt have a chance to really beat anyone and i didnt dispise every team. no. i just hate pompous cheaters. i honestly wqould be happy to never see him play again.

Holy crap u even spelled their name right! Positive rep! lol

Should be some very exciting games this week. I'm really digging Favre, watched the replays and that long bomb was something you guys prolly jumped out of your seats on. :1st:

The 1st TD was great --- but the 2nd one HOLY SH-- -

Mangold Bro. i like your posts so far, but this is dumb. i know this is sacrelidge coming from a Jets fan, but Brady is arguably the best QB ever. all the belichick crap aside. Brady hs all of the intangibles that a QB needs, plus the skills.

he's accurate, he can put the ball in tight windows, he leads game winning drives, he keeps his teammates motivated, and he practices harder than anyone. He makes plays and he wins games. When other QBs get skittish in the face of a pass rush and throw the ball early. he steps up into the pressure and tries to make the throw.

Look i know i'm gonna catch crap for this post, I don't care. I really admire brady. he's why i wanna be a QB, and my motivation to be a good one.

Brady is the primary reason Bill Belichick is considered a winner.

Only 15 posts and each one has been gold. Pure gold.

:rl::rl:

It's really a shame Brady ended having to play for such a POS organization like the Pats. I think it rubbed off on him, to be honest. Some other stuff probably got rubbed off on him too, but that's a different story. If he comes back 100% from this injury, he'll definitely be a top 10 all-time QB. Would have been nice if he hadn't been on such a classless, cheating, dirty, non-respectable team though.

Archived