Is the season over?

tjmitch

I agree, JETS could go into N.E. and win but they need to iron out there offense and Special teams, hopefully when Miller comes back he improves our special teams alot, he was a probowler 2 years ago on special teams. and to iron out offense 1st and foremost they need to establish a #1 WR if Coles doesnt turn his game around. I think the head injuries (concusions) have him worried especially after the comments Wayne chrebet said about his life after football.

WTF? Please. This game was easily winnable, a few bad penalties and some horrid calls cost the game. I am sorry that was not Pass Interference.

He pushed him down to the ground, knocked him out of his way so he could catch the ball. Thats what PI is.

I agree, JETS could go into N.E. and win but they need to iron out there offense and Special teams, hopefully when Miller comes back he improves our special teams alot, he was a probowler 2 years ago on special teams. and to iron out offense 1st and foremost they need to establish a #1 WR if Coles doesnt turn his game around. I think the head injuries (concusions) have him worried especially after the comments Wayne chrebet said about his life after football.

Miller can punt??

It looks like it could be. The Pats and the Bills look to be real football teams, with the Jets outside looking in again.

Are you really serious ? Its one game...So we lose , that doenst mean that we cant get into the playoffs. WE just improve on what mistakes we made. I really think that is a ridicolous to think like that. I watched the game. Our defense is better then last year. WE had bad breaks in the game. There is a long season to go...so why should we be soo negative over this?:confused:

Sure, it must be the concussions. I'm sure missing the entire pre-season with a leg injury and coming back to a new QB that throws completely different from the old QB has nothing to do with it.

Are you really serious ? Its one game...So we lose , that doenst mean that we cant get into the playoffs. WE just improve on what mistakes we made. I really think that is a ridicolous to think like that. I watched the game. Our defense is better then last year. WE had bad breaks in the game. There is a long season to go...so why should we be soo negative over this?:confused:

Aint "fans"like him a hoot? LOL

Aint "fans"like him a hoot? LOL

I dont talk much in the football threads but some of the threads I have read are ridicolous. Fire the coaches? Our team sucks? Brett isnt as good as he seems? Man, I bet next week when we win some people will be praising hte coaches, saying the team is great and brett is the best qb. I think people need to relax not go overboard about the game

I dont talk much in the football threads but some of the threads I have read are ridicolous. Fire the coaches? Our team sucks? Brett isnt as good as he seems? Man, I bet next week when we win some people will be praising hte coaches, saying the team is great and brett is the best qb. I think people need to relax not go overboard about the game

hahhahaha

what team has won a SB firing the coach it started with???

It looks like it could be. The Pats and the Bills look to be real football teams, with the Jets outside looking in again.

No disrespect to the poster, but this thread is stupid. Is the season over?????

Its week 2 man. Its not like teams pulled away from us significantly or we're still looking for our first win of the season. This game that we lost today was strictly lost off of special teams. Our kicking game is horrible right now. Nugent is injured, Feely is missing field goals, Graham seems not to be able to kick punts for field position.

Im more worried about the special teams if anything. it seems like everytime NE had the ball is was in our territory. Given that the game was pretty close We must give it up for our defense. 95% of the teams in the NFL would have got blown out of the stadium if New England had the ball that many times in their territory.

Favre still doesnt know the entire playbook but he makes great decisions with what he does know. Coles seems to have switched hands with Justin McCariens because he seems not to be able to catch the football.

Now, Though i dont like that the Jets lost, if we were going to lose any game It should be to a great team...not the dolphins. So many things have gotten out the way this week. Brett took his first loss as a Jet and threw his first pick. Brett no long has to think about these things any more. He can go out and play football. I bet after week 5 We're going to be red hot.

As for the season being over....HIGHLY DOUBT THAT.

The Jets problems are easily solvable. Mr. T did his part. Now Mangini has to do his. The jets schedule is so easy and the Jets have enough talent they can continue to play this "play to not lose" strategy and actually win most of their games. But they will go nowhere in the playoffs until Mangini grows a set.

Obviously the season is not even close to being over. If we can make it to the bye week at 2-2 (which is no easy task given Arizona and SD are no pushovers), then we have some very winnable games after the bye Week (Cincy, Oak, KC, Stl). I'd say we have to split the next 2 games to be a serious contender.

Archived