So you pay Brett Favre $12 milion to....

Handoff the ball THREE STRAIGHT TIMES on 1st and Goal from the 3? Awesome, awesome play calling. If he hadn't been wearing #4 back there I would've swore it was Pennington (aside from a few downfield passes). No, not because of his play but because of the **** play calling. Ridiculous.

Also, thanks to Laveranues Coles to dropping three passes, Jay Feely for missing a chip shot Field Goal and the Refs for a couple of BS calls that always, always end up going New England's way.

You're acting like this is something new. Since he's been offensive coordinator, I have never felt Shotzy has consistently gotten into the rhythm of a game. Notice how the Jets will run the ball well, then abandon it for what seems like a quarter. The same for the passing game. It's almost like he's over thinking the play calling. Relax, butt munch, you've brought in a cannon armed QB. Open up the offense. Use your strengths.

What plays were those?

Cotchery completely mauling O'Neil and correctly getting called for offensive PI?

That play was called accurately, regardless of Jets fans cries.

However, there were a few bad calls... this off the top of my head.

1) In the 1st quarter in the end zone (before the missed FG), there was pass interference

2) Stuckey gets the ball on a short out, breaks a tackle, but they STOP THE PLAY. Worse yet, the clock keeps running

3) Next play, Favre is dragged from like the 15-20 to the 5, and they take all that yardage away.

NONE OF THESE, I repeat NONE OF THESE, changed the outcome of the game. However, I can see where the crybabies keep saying the Pats get all the "breaks". I'm of the opinion that "The more I practice, the luckier I get." (Gary Player). By that, I mean the better I am, the "luckier" I get.

THE way this game unfolded for what ever reason, You cant expect to beat anybody let alone the patriots who have owned you. patriots starting possesions were at the 50 the jets was all at the 20 and 1 at the 24 yard line. No way anyteam wins under those conditions, the odds are already stacked against u big time. THIS IS THE NFL

What plays were those?

Cotchery completely mauling O'Neil and correctly getting called for offensive PI?

No way I accept that you--a knowledgeable football fan--believe this in your heart. That should have been a non call, with Cotchery getting the reception. On the replay, it looked like O'Neil got out-muscled for the ball, what used to be called football.

No way I accept that you--a knowledgeable football fan--believe this in your heart. That should have been a non call, with Cotchery getting the reception. On the replay, it looked like O'Neil got out-muscled for the ball, what used to be called football.

You have to be joking. He climbed right over the guys back! It was a penalty!

Handoff the ball THREE STRAIGHT TIMES on 1st and Goal from the 3? Awesome, awesome play calling. If he hadn't been wearing #4 back there I would've swore it was Pennington (aside from a few downfield passes). No, not because of his play but because of the **** play calling. Ridiculous.

Also, thanks to Laveranues Coles to dropping three passes, Jay Feely for missing a chip shot Field Goal and the Refs for a couple of BS calls that always, always end up going New England's way.

Turning point in the game right there.

The only thing I can think of was Mangini wanted to get control of the LOS right there.

First and goal : No problem

Second and goal: no problem

Third and Goal: At this point you have to do what is best for the team and get the 6. Doesn't matter if it is pass or run. Mangini went with the same thing and lost and ended up settling for a field goal.

Jets got three but the Pats won the most important part of the game.

Control of the LOS

Doesn't matter if your QB is Brady, Cassel, Favre, Pennington or 124. If you don't win the battle at the LOS you lose.

You have to be joking. He climbed right over the guys back! It was a penalty!

I watched that replay a couple of times and I did not see "mauling" or "climbing over a guys back". It looked like two NFL football players who were fighting for a ball, something they are paid to do.

Turning point in the game right .

Somewhat

We score in the 4th quarter to make it 16-10

Need the defense to step up and make a stop.....yet LaMont, Welker and Cassel kill us

Everyone is saying how the defense was great.....we were playing Cassel folks

Our defense cost us the game, plain and simple

Somewhat

Need the defense to step up and make a stop.....yet LaMont, Welker and Cassel kill us

Agree 100%.

The Jets D absolutely has to come up with a big play.

Schottenheimer is a complete idiot. You are right, why did we get Favre if we are going to call the same plays as with Chad?

1. He does not understand the concept of throwing on 1st down. Yes, our o-line is better than last year. But it was horrible last year. Signing two vets and D'Brick's maturity didn't turn it into the Packers o-line of the mid sixties. All of Jones's good runs come AFTER Favre completed a pass. The pass sets up the run, unless you have an incredible o-line like the Cowboys of the early nineties. Unitas figured that out in the fifties. The Pats do it with Brady. The Colts do it with Manning. The Packers did it with Favre and now do it with Rogers.

2. That goal line attempt with three runs up the middle in a tight formation was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. You would think they would either run a play action or spread out the offense by the second, certainly the third down. Especially with Favre at QB. Case in point. When they marched down the field on the TD drive, they spread the formation when they got to the goal line. TD pass to Stuckey on FIRST DOWN. Gee, funny how easy that was. I wonder if it registered in Shotty's think skull.

3. That long sack by Thomas on Favre. In that situation, why in the world does Washington have pass blocking responsibilities against A. Thomas? It should be automatic in that formation that if the OLB rushes the passer, Washington slips out behind him for quick dump off, which we all know Favre is very adept at from all angles.

4. I hate that formation where there are no WRS. Just TEs and the FB in a tight formation. Then the FB goes in motion to split out wide. What the hell does that accomplish other than taking one blocker out of the picture. Nobody is shaking in their boots that Tony Richardson is split out wide. Just stupid.

Sutton almost blew the Miami game. Schottenheimer lost the Pats game. The Jets are very talented but will go nowhere until Mangini deals with this. He can start by immediately firing Schottenheimer and replacing him with Callahand and take over the defensive play calling for Sutton, and then replace Sutton in the off-season. If he does not, I am done with Mangini. He will have wasted Favre's last year and all of the great work Mr.T has done in getting him talent.

DM

The coaching staff wanted to run down the throat of the Pats

We spend all that money on Faneca, and we think we have a ggod one in Mangold,....lets pound it there and control the game

Faneca and Mangold failed miserably

The coaching staff was spot on wanting to set the tone of the game, only thing it set the tone for the Pats

Thomas Jones is not the back you want running there, true.

The offensive line you bought and paid for did not come through, true.

The play-calling was bland and predictable, true.

With Baker, Franks and Keller, there is no reason you cannot go play action to the TE there at all. None whatsoever.

DM

The coaching staff wanted to run down the throat of the Pats

We spend all that money on Faneca, and we think we have a ggod one in Mangold,....lets pound it there and control the game

Faneca and Mangold failed miserably

The coaching staff was spot on wanting to set the tone of the game, only thing it set the tone for the Pats

Like I said, adding Fanaca and Woody does not make a horrible o-line one that is good enough to dominate a front seven like the Pats. You can say fanaca and mangold had bad games, but Wilfork and Seymore make lots of good linemen have bad games. They should be good enough to dominate teams like the Dolphins and a lot of the teams on our schedule. It will not work against the pats or other really good defenses. You have to gameplan for each opponents strengths and weaknesses. "Wanting" to do something doesn't make it happen.

They have Favre. Use the pass to set up the run. Like that 80 yard TD drive. Just don't wait until you are behind in the 4th quarter to have that mentality.

Handoff the ball THREE STRAIGHT TIMES on 1st and Goal from the 3?

I said it to my father before the first handoff, and I'll say it here, and I still believe it.

GOOD TEAMS POUND THE BALL IN FROM THERE.

To be successful we need to be able to get those yards on those runs. We couldn't, while the playcalling was piss poor for most of the game, you absolutely have to be able to get those yards on the ground.

they let brett throw later into endzone so they obviosly learned thier lesson,,schott forgets brett is there not chad,,

cole sin my opinion needs to go,,

he has let his man love for chad effect way he plays and concentrates..

only thing to save coles is if we perfume the ball with the scent of chads nutsack

Somewhat

Agree 100%.

The Jets D absolutely has to come up with a big play.

Defenses don't cost you games where the other team scores 19 points.

If our offense could have stayed on the field, it wouldn't have been an issue, and Bellichick wasn't giving us the opportunity to make a big play on defense, did you notice it was all screens and short passes, then running plays, which mind you (in the 4th) were with a fresh running back against a defense that was on the field all day. Regardless of the fact that it's Lamont, that's still a mismatch.

I said it to my father before the first handoff, and I'll say it here, and I still believe it.

To be successful we need to be able to get those yards on those runs. We couldn't, while the playcalling was piss poor for most of the game, you absolutely have to be able to get those yards on the ground.

It kills me to say it, but the Giants would have blasted the ball right in there for the TD and I hate the Giants like nobody's business. I feel dirty now.

Agree with that statement. While I don't completely agree with running the ball 3 straight times, we really should be able to get those yards and we'll have to if we want to be an upper echelon team.

Archived