Smith suspended AND fined.

DMaynard

Interesting and ridiculous. I'd like to see what Boldin had to say about the hit... but come on its football, everythings happening so quickly its not like you can change your momentum that quickly, and it didn't seem like he originally was leading with his helmet, Boldin just got put into a bad position.

Holy ****.

$50,000? Thats probably a sixth of his contract this season. Oh my. Maybe the Jets will foot the bill? Damn.

And hey, him being suspended for a game can only help this team. Can we maybe all call into the NFL offices and ask for a four game suspension instead of a fine + 1 game suspension? Please. :)

I'd much rather see Elam, Barrett or Poteat back there.

Holy ****.

$50,000? Thats probably a sixth of his contract this season. Oh my. Maybe the Jets will foot the bill? Damn.

And hey, him being suspended for a game can only help this team. Can we maybe all call into the NFL offices and ask for a four game suspension instead of a fine + 1 game suspension? Please. :)

They won't foot the bill. 1 ) It's against NFL rules, and 2) It would have to count against the cap.

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/

Safety Eric Smith of the New York Jets has been suspended for one game and fined $50,000 for a flagrant violation of player safety rules, the NFL announced today. Specifically, on a pass play on Sunday, Smith engaged in helmet-to-helmet contact with Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who was in a defenseless position at the time contact was made.

The suspension will sideline Smith for the Jets

Holy ****.

that's exactly what i was thinking. You could play kris jenkins back there and at least get some round house kicks goin.

I call bull****... smith wasnt aiming for helmet to hel met... Boldin was pushed that was...

**** you NFL

How many calls can you get wrong in one year?

It doesn't matter if he wasn't aiming for helmet to helmet. It ended up being a helmet to helmet hit.

I have seen Rodney Harrison and the Patriots mentioned many times since the hit occurred. You would be screaming bloody murder if that was Chad, I mean Cotchery, that took a helmet to helmet hit against the Pats.

I think its complete BS. He wasnt doing it on purpose. Freakin NFL

Doesn't matter if he did it on purpose. The result of Smith's action was a near serious injury--did you even see the Jets and Cards huddle together and praying for Boldin's recovery?

Now hopefully this will remind him (and all players) not to commit a helmet-to-helmet. Goodell is just doing his job and trying to keep the players in this league safe from any severe injuries on the field.

It doesn't matter if he wasn't aiming for helmet to helmet. It ended up being a helmet to helmet hit.

I have seen Rodney Harrison and the Patriots mentioned many times since the hit occurred. You would be screaming bloody murder if that was Chad, I mean Cotchery, that took a helmet to helmet hit against the Pats.

Yeha but its not even like he wasnt trying adn did ti himself... someone knocked him into his helmtet...

Archived