ESPN's Scouts Inc: Larry Johnson to Jets makes sense

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far while I've been on these boards, I've been told LT, Portis, Randy Moss, McNabb and now LJ are washed up scrubs and we have better players. Meanwhile throughout that time we'd trot out Chad Pennington at QB and either Barlow or TJ at RB. I'm convinced our fans are morons. I would take any of those guys over what we have now, even Favre since McNabb is younger, although that's not nearly as bad as thinking TJ is better than LT, Portis and LJ.

I was going to trade for TJ because if how stupidly favorable our schedule is the rest of the way out. If this trade goes through, LJ instantly becomes a top back in this league, and the Jets are pretty much impossible to defense.

You're always so freakin' negative and you're only 14! We're not gonna get a trade done for Larry Johnson. We are aiming for the Wild Card (in your postseason look a head threads you never just talk about the Division). WTF man? :)

I mentioned the bills losing puts us tied for first! I am positive, and think we will win the east. Im saying LJ wont be here, because I honestly dont care for him, not because i dont have faith.

I was going to trade for TJ because if how stupidly favorable our schedule is the rest of the way out. If this trade goes through, LJ instantly becomes a top back in this league, and the Jets are pretty much impossible to defense.

Exactly. But the chances of it happening are slim to none. It is something to look at in the Offseason though for sure, especially if the Jets come close to the Super Bowl and Favre chooses to retun for 2009.

I'm listening to KC radio right now - no talks of this at all. Don't get your hopes up.

I don't want a RB who rushed 7 times and gets only 2 yards. We had that already, anyone remember Barlow?

Please, I'm happy with our offense as it is.

So far while I've been on these boards, I've been told LT, Portis, Randy Moss, McNabb and now LJ are washed up scrubs and we have better players. Meanwhile throughout that time we'd trot out Chad Pennington at QB and either Barlow or TJ at RB. I'm convinced our fans are morons. I would take any of those guys over what we have now, even Favre since McNabb is younger, although that's not nearly as bad as thinking TJ is better than LT, Portis and LJ.

I said mcnabb was overrated not bad. He is more injury prone than chad pennington.

I'd honestly rather, if we are going after a back in the off-season, to get one in the draft. Not go after the 29 year old RB.

I would too, but the only thing is...how many years do you think Favre will play? There's no guarantee he comes back next year at all. We've got a very real shot at winning the SB this year, LJ would be a huge piece of that puzzle. It's no secret that TJ is our weakness on offense.

I would too, but the only thing is...how many years do you think Favre will play? There's no guarantee he comes back next year at all. We've got a very real shot at winning the SB this year, LJ would be a huge piece of that puzzle. It's no secret that TJ is our weakness on offense.

3 seasons.

LJ is not worth a 2nd rounder right now, end of story.

We'd have to dump Thomas Jones or move money around. Johnson only makes $600,000 some more than Jones so Jones would have to be released or the Jets would have to push Johnson's money aside to next season.

or we just cut the 53rd player on the roster. Seriously. You don't HAVE to have 53. And since 53 is always inactive.............

The only thing not in agreement is what we'd give up. No way would I give up a 2nd that could turn into a 1st because if we were to do that we'd be losing both our 1st & 2nd round draft picks next year with the Favre deal and Johnson deal.

However I'd gladly give up our 3rd round pick and have either a 1st or 2nd round pick, depending if Favre can get us into the playoffs and the Super Bowl or not.

2nd & 3rd for Favre / Johnson if its playoffs.

1st & 3rd for Favre / Johnson if its Super Bowl.

Yeah, that sounds a heck of a lot more fair. Larry is a good back and he still has plenty left in the tank for at least a year or two. But that's it. It would be a very short rental. If mang. thinks he is the missing piece to the superbowl puzzle you have to do this trade. I'm not sure what is a bigger need though. RB or DE. I know as the season goes on, T.Jones is going to get more and more hate posts. Because I don't think he has many more three td games.

Archived