Raiders waive DeAngelo Hall

Brown42000

Sign him!! He's got ATTITUDE and BALLS...... ...

He does play a position of need for us, but I haven't been paying attention to scrubby Oakland at all this season so I have no idea how he has been playing. I'm sure if he was cut by Oakland that he is playing lights out ;)

He does play a position of need for us, but I haven't been paying attention to scrubby Oakland at all this season so I have no idea how he has been playing. I'm sure if he was cut by Oakland that he is playing lights out ;)

Oakland's got a pretty solid secondary, so you never know. Plus, their front office sucks so they're just as likely to cut their best CB as their worst one.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in for physical. Our CB depth is pretty weak, so you never know how he'd fit in.

Or they can just making a statement... They just gave him a friggen 7 yr contract though.

No mention on PFT, and this is something they'd jump all over..

This guy is a major pain in the a$$ and has been getting repeatedly burned.. why exactly do you want him?

He still has the talent and potential, just a bad attitude and he's not fully in the game mentally. Good coaching and mentoring could possibly break him a bit and improve those facets of his game necessary to make a decent nickelback to cover the deep threats.

Also, Oakland had to get rid of Hall. IIRC come the end of the season they were going to have to make a desicion between him and Nnamdi Asomugha who is BY FAR the best CB in the league today. Warren Sapp who played with him thinks he's one of the best to ever play the game, said he's FAR better than Deoin Sanders. They had to keep Namdi, he's just too valuable.

I'm pretty sure I saw a stat were it said he's been THROWN AT only 11 times this season. 11 ****ing times!!

Also, Oakland had to get rid of Hall. IIRC come the end of the season they were going to have to make a desicion between him and Nnamdi Asomugha who is BY FAR the best CB in the league today. Warren Sapp who played with him thinks he's one of the best to ever play the game, said he's FAR better than Deoin Sanders. They had to keep Namdi, he's just too valuable.

I'm pretty sure I saw a stat were it said he's been THROWN AT only 11 times this season. 11 ****ing times!!

I was watching that pre game show on NFL Network. That was when they were referring to Favre as the double agent.

Sapp also, picked a different team on Sunday then he did on his radio show on like Friday or something like that. Faulk called him out on it...lol. He is a jackass, nonetheless, Nnamdi is a beast.

If the Jets sign him I may shoot myself.

How many times did I say it....THE most overrated player in the league BY FAR. He's a heap of dog**** who thinks he's something when he isn't worth the dirt on the bottom of my shoe.

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM HIM!

all credibility lost.

DeAngelo Hall is a good player. He's better than what we have. Does he think he's better than he is? definitely. Does the league? Definitely. Is a a heap of dog poop? No, he's a perfect #2 to Revis. He's leaps and bounds better than Lowery.

all credibility lost.

DeAngelo Hall is a good player. He's better than what we have. Does he think he's better than he is? definitely. Does the league? Definitely. Is a a heap of dog poop? No, he's a perfect #2 to Revis. He's leaps and bounds better than Lowery.

Honest to God do you ever watch him play?

He's been roasted COUNTLESS times this season, he's the furthest thing from a 'good player'. Why's he a perfect #2 to Revis when he couldn't play #2 to Namdi? Seriously?

Most overrated player in the league, by a distance.

Doug Benc/Getty Images

DeAngelo Hall will team with Nnamdi Asomugha to give the Raiders a formidable cornerback tandem.

It's official. The Oakland Raiders have reached agreement with cornerback DeAngelo Hall on a seven-year, $70 million contract that includes $24.5 million in guaranteed money, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

To acquire Hall, the Raiders will send a 2008 second-round pick and a 2009 fifth-round pick to the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons now will have four of the top 48 selections in the upcoming draft.

Hall is a two-time Pro Bowl selection (2005 and 2006), but he is nearly as well known for his outspoken demeanor. He clashed openly with former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino last season and was benched for a half after a sideline confrontation.

Hall was the Falcons' No. 1 pick in 2004.

Raiders owner Al Davis has always valued cornerbacks who can excel playing man-to-man coverage. Pairing Hall with Nnamdi Asomugha would give Oakland one of the top tandems in the game and perhaps the best for the Raiders since Mike Haynes and Lester Hayes helped the team win its last Super Bowl following the 1983 season.

The move would also provide insurance if Asomugha were to leave as a free agent following next season. The Raiders placed the exclusive franchise tag on Asomugha, guaranteeing him at least $9.465 million in 2008. They still would like to sign him to a long-term deal.

Asomugha had a breakthrough season in 2006, intercepting eight passes and becoming one of the top cover cornerbacks in the league. Asomugha had only one interception last season as teams often shied away from throwing to his side of the field and took advantage of Stanford Routt and Fabian Washington on the other side.

By acquiring Hall, that would be more difficult. Washington and Routt have not lived up to expectations in Oakland since being drafted with the team's first two picks in 2005.

By completing the deal, the Raiders only have one draft pick in the first three rounds.

Hall is awful, and everybody always threw on him because (rightfully) they're all scared of Asomugha. Over here they'd just throw on him because they're scared of Revis.

If he was any good at all, he'd have like 10 INTs by now, instead of being repeatedly burned and embarassed. I don't know what happened but he has fell apart.

If the Jets want to make their Defense a TRULY ELITE unit, you sign Hall.

He would a be SOLID #2 behind Revis and def upgrade over Lowery & Barrett.

Who would not want to play with Favre, a top 5 defense AND in a NEW STADIUM w/the country's LARGEST market for endorsements?

Sign the Stud. A Beast, he is not.

If the Jets want to make their Defense a TRULY ELITE unit, you sign Hall.

He would a be SOLID #2 behind Revis and def upgrade over Lowery & Barrett.

Who would not want to play with Favre, a top 5 defense AND in a NEW STADIUM w/the country's LARGEST market for endorsements?

Sign the Stud. A Beast, he is not.

Truly elite?? He's fast. That's it. He's has terrible footwork and for all the speed he has he gets burned regularly. He's not nearly as good as the ESPN hype machine tries to make him out to be. In fact, he's just not that good at all.

Archived