How the Hell are we scoring on Tennesee?

Kerry Rhodes

Touchdowns, Fieldgoals, maybe even a safety... just my guess.... is there any other ways?

PAT's?

Add 2 point conversion.

By the way, has the NFL adopted the college rule that if a player intercepts a ball or recovers a fumble on a 2 point conversion that he can run it to the other endzone and get 2 points?

How do you think were scoring? How many can we put up against this defense?

they are very well coached, and very stout up the middle

I hope coles & cotch get healed up this week, so we can threaten the whole field

I think the players who will be vital are

Keller-OT-11.jpg

leon-1.jpg

Favre loves the empty backfield, so I would start in a no huddle attack with

coles

cotch

keller

leon

smith

if you can get a lead, then you start pounding them with Jones

In Dvoa Tennesee is the:

-3rd Overall defense in the NFL

-2nd against the Pass in the NFL

-9th against the Run in the NFL

I really feel like our defense can slow them down, but How are we going to score on these guys?

Furthermore, Here is how they do against the skill positions

(Coles)WR 1---Rank 2nd in the league shutting down number 1 wr's.

(Cotchery)WR 2---Rank 2nd in the league shutting down number 1 wr's

(Baker )TE--Rank 7th in the league shutting down TE's.

(Washington) RB--Rank only 15th in the league facing RB's recieving.

(Keller/Stuckey)--Rank 10th in the league against other recievers.

So how would you attack the Tennesee defense?

IMO--These are the types of plays to use this week

-This is a week you throw a ton of screens to Leon.....

-WR screens for 5 yards--use like a running play

-Reverse

-Wildcat

-Underneath stuff to Keller, and Stuckey

-Alot of WR clear out routes...If there going to take away Coles/Cotch might as well open up some underneath stuff.

-Alot of emphasis on working against their over pursuit. They are fast, and aggressive, and its something we can take advantage of.

Looking at the Titans defensive matchups they have not played a balanced offense all season. Wether it Indi when the Colts were having trouble running(Addai out), or GB the same situation they really have not had that balanced attack yet IMO.

Were coming in with a top 5-10 running game, and a top 13 Passing attack although I would say Favre has been playing his best football all year reminding me his play last year.

How do you think were scoring? How many can we put up against this defense? Right now oddsmakers have us scoring around 14-15 this week for reference.

Look at the teams they played and ask that question again.

Jacksonville (2X)

Cincy

Indy

Minnesota

Baltimore

Green bay

Chicago

Houston

Kansas City.

Face it, Indy is having a bad year. Other than that this team has not played a contender, or maybe even a playoff team for that matter. The toughest team the faced in my opinion is Baltimore, and we ALL know that baltimores problem is offense. Their Defense is hard to score on. And it shows in the score, they beat the Ravens 13-10. Its not hard to stop a teams Offense when they really have no offense. You talk about they're only allowing 13 points per game for teams yet when they play a high offensive team like Indy, the Colts scored 21 points in that game...and we all know that the reason why Indy has lost this year is because of their lack of D and not their Offense.

Seriously, They havent played a team averaging almost 30pts per game like the Jets. Im not going to go as far as to say that this team is a fraud, but I can CERTAINLY say that this team has not played a playoff bound team in their first 10 weeks this season. I dont cound Jacksonville, they had one good year...same as Cincy with their incosistency, and as for Indy, if they keep losing they'll be home too.

I guess I can answer your question if you can answer mine. Who has Tennessee REALLY played?

In Dvoa Tennesee is the:

I really feel like our defense can slow them down, but How are we going to score on these guys?

-Reverse

-Wildcat

-Alot of WR clear out routes...If there going to take away Coles/Cotch might as well open up some underneath stuff.

-Alot of emphasis on working against their over pursuit. They are fast, and aggressive, and its something we can take advantage of.

Looking at the Titans defensive matchups they have not played a balanced offense all season. Wether it Indi when the Colts were having trouble running(Addai out), or GB the same situation they really have not had that balanced attack yet IMO.

Were coming in with a top 5-10 running game, and a top 13 Passing attack although I would say Favre has been playing his best football all year reminding me his play last year.

How do you think were scoring? How many can we put up against this defense? Right now oddsmakers have us scoring around 14-15 this week for reference.

We just saw the Giants move the ball and score at will on Baltimore's D, I think we do the same hopefully.

I think Brad Smith is amazing. The Jets don't use him nearly as much as they should. When he's in the game, God only knows what he's gonna DO. He's very good at running from under center and he broke a big one vs. the pats in the wildcat formation. Also, line him up at WR and give him little slant routes or give him the ball on reverses or endarounds. Give 16 the ball 5 times and he will have success.

Kevin gave me the inside scoop from last week.....

TITANS OFFENSE VS. JAGUARS DEFENSE

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Titans 344 total yards with only 27:33 of possession time
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Titans only 1-12 on third down conversions, the one being a 56 yard Collins / Gage TD in the third quarter that gave Tennessee the lead
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>
  • Titans play breakdown: 33 called runs / 24 called passes –
  • Back to an emphasis on the run after 3 consecutive games in which Collins averaged almost 38 passes per game
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Titans ran only 24 plays in the first half, They were 0-6 on third down
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Smith started at MLB for the Jaguars, flanked by Durant and Ingram on the outside – Peterson played some snaps at OLB
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Titans first play of the game was a hook-and-go to Gage for 47 yards: Titans “12” personnel, Balanced set; They anticipated “quarters” coverage based on personnel and formation – CB Williams jumped the hook and was beaten badly on the go
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Jaguars 3-3-5 personnel on Nelson interception, Excellent job by nickel corner Florence to get underneath Gage’s post corner route – Poor decision and throw by Collins
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Rookie DE Harvey not an explosive pass rusher, No quick twitch, Can’t skim the corner, More of a base LDE with power and strength
  • <LI class=MsoNormal
  • >Titans clearly expanding Johnson’s role in the passing game: They split him out more, and release him out of the more backfield on angle routes and deeper routes
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Titans had some downfield opportunities in the passing game in the first half: Collins struggled with accuracy, He overthrew an open Jones on a post route in the second quarter on a play that a chance to be a TD – Combine those missed opportunities with a hit-or-miss running game and the Titans could not sustain offense
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Johnson a more physical runner than his size and tremendous acceleration would initially indicate, A willingness to run downhill, Does not shy away from contact, Falls forward on contact – A sustaining runner as well as a home run hitter <
  • LI class=MsoNormal>Jones 13 yard TD to end first drive of the second half came against Jaguars “man free” coverage with Williams matched on Jones; Williams too much cushion, Did not challenge Jones, It was pitch and catch on the in-breaking route
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>One thing that stood out again watching the Jaguars defense was their inability to generate any consistent pass rush with their down four
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Gage 56 yard TD in the third quarter again came against “man free”, Florence in press position got on Gage’s inside hip but could not maintain contact, Collins downfield focus kept deep safety Nelson in the middle of the field, Great throw by Collins <LI class=MsoNormal
  • >Titans 3 consecutive 3-and-out series in the fourth quarter
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Titans no consistency with their run game, Could not sustain offense running the ball, Jaguars front seven stout and quick versus run
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Rookie DE/LB Groves did not play a defensive snap in this game
  • <LI class=MsoNormal>Gage 38 yard TD in the fourth quarter: Titans “12” personnel with a balanced set, Jaguars “cover 3”, Williams jumped the seam route to Scaife and allowed Gage to run by him – Collins great job looking to Scaife on the seam route, then delivering to Gage
  • Collins was not sharp throughout the game, but he took advantage of the big play opportunities that were presented

G.C.

AFC North Advance Scout

Cleveland

WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WINNING NOW....10-1

JETS 8-3

Indy

Baltimore

Green bay

not too shabby right there

Not too shabby? Baltimore is a team with no offense. Indy isnt playing to their potential and Green Bay has a new QB and is working with a mediocre .500 record.

Where are the "competetive" games on their schedule? Where are those Steeler games, Those Cardinal, Giant, Patriot, Cowboy games?

They havent played a team that is solely number 1 in their division until us this sunday.

Like I said, I wont call it a fraud, but the Titans havent played playoff calibur teams yet.

It's true. The Titans have one hell of a defense.

They're allowing a meager 13.1 points per game. First in the league by a 1.9 pt margin. Very impressive.

It would probably take a team scoring something like 28.9 points per game, a team ranked 2nd in the league in scoring to put up some points on them.

Anyone guess who that team might be?

They're allowing a meager 13.1 points per game. First in the league by a 1.9 pt margin. Very impressive.

It would probably take a team scoring something like 28.9 points per game, a team ranked 2nd in the league in scoring to put up some points on them.

They are averaging these numbers against teams that if the playoffs started today, would not be going. Im not scared of this team. This could be the same exact team but if they would have lost 3 of those 10 games conversations would be much different. This team hasnt beaten teams that would scare us if we played them 10 wins off of the losing teams of the league mostly doesnt move me whatsoever

Here's the problem EY, we scored over 100 points in 2 games, for the purposes of exposing the Jekyll/Hyde thing, if not for those games we're scoring around 23 ppg and ranked 11th or 12th..

Which team shows up I wonder?

Look at the teams they played and ask that question again.

Jacksonville (2X)

Cincy

Indy

Minnesota

Baltimore

Green bay

Chicago

Houston

Kansas City.

DVOA takes into account strength of schedule. 1 reason why we are currently the 11th best team in football according to it..

Here's the problem EY, we scored over 100 points in 2 games, for the purposes of exposing the Jekyll/Hyde thing, if not for those games we're scoring around 23 ppg and ranked 11th or 12th..

Of course, but did the Titans not play some bad offensive teams as well to achieve their rankings?

Not to say your point is wrong, but the anomalies don't simply exist for the Jets.

Of course, but did the Titans not play some bad offensive teams as well to achieve their rankings?

Not to say your point is wrong, but the anomalies don't simply exist for the Jets.

DVOA accounts for it (and hates turnovers on offense but loves them on defense)

Titans #2 defense

Jets #18 offense :eek:

But improving...

DVOA accounts for it (and hates turnovers on offense but loves them on defense)

Titans #2 defense

Jets #18 offense :eek:

But improving...

I don't know enough about DVOA at this point to really comment further.

This is where I make fun of Aten and his TI-89

I don't know enough about DVOA at this point to really comment further.

This is where I make fun of Aten and his TI-89

Lol..

Obviously I think the Jets are better then the 18th offense in football, just threw that out there for some perspective. We aren't exactly a juggernaut :)

First, it's unfair to remove those 2 games without taking out the 2 lowest scoring games.

Second, the Jets have faced 5 teams who are currently .500 or better. This is what the Jets scored with the points allowed average by each team:

Fins -20 (PAA-19.7)

Pats- 10 (PAA-19.4)

Cards-56 (PAA-22-8)

Bills - 26 (PAA-21.8)

Pats-34 (PAA-19.4)

The Jets are averaging 29.2 ppg against .500 or better teams on their schedule.

If you take out the high/low, the average is 26.6 ppg. So in the games where we take out the high/low, the Jets have outperformed the opposing defenses points allowed average by almost a TD (6.4 points).

So against playoff contending teams, the Jets have put up some points and I expect them to score over 21 against the Titans.

First, it's unfair to remove those 2 games without taking out the 2 lowest scoring games.

Second, the Jets have faced 5 teams who are currently .500 or better. This is what the Jets scored with the points allowed average by each team:

Fins -20 (PAA-19.7)

Pats- 10 (PAA-19.4)

Cards-56 (PAA-22-8)

Bills - 26 (PAA-21.8)

Pats-34 (PAA-19.4)

The Jets are averaging 29.2 ppg against .500 or better teams on their schedule.

If you take out the high/low, the average is 26.6 ppg. So in the games where we take out the high/low, the Jets have outperformed the opposing defenses points allowed average by almost a TD (6.4 points).

So against playoff contending teams, the Jets have put up some points and I expect them to score over 21 against the Titans.

This was to illustrate that the Jets are not some offensive Juggernaut that can be expected to score against a really good defense, not to diminish what we accomplished..

Objectively, what offenses do you consider better then our own?

I got, in no particular order, Indy, Denver, Giants, Arizona, New Orleans, San Diego, Philly, Dallas (with Romo), and an argument can be made for Green Bay, Atlanta and houston...

I've got us around 10th..

Remember we've had the easiest schedule in football up to today as well..

This was to illustrate that the Jets are not some offensive Juggernaut that can be expected to score against a really good defense, not to diminish what we accomplished..

Objectively, what offenses do you consider better then our own?

I got, in no particular order, Indy, Denver, Giants, Arizona, New Orleans, San Diego, Philly, Dallas (with Romo), and an argument can be made for Green Bay, Atlanta and houston...

I've got us around 10th..

Remember we've had the easiest schedule in football up to today as well..

I don't consider the Jets an offensive juggernaut. As I define it, an offesive juggernaut can score at least 30 points on anyone. I think the Jets can score 24 on anyone (which has not been the case in the past), including the Titans.

As to your list of offenses better than the Jets, I have to disagree. I would only put Arizona, New Orleans, and Giants above the Jets.

No way I would put Green Bay considering they have the same exact offense as last year except for QB and are not as good.

Atlanta, no, despite the running game, because as a total offense they are a step below.

And I disqualify San Diego because their offense has been horrendous down the stretch and now is the reason they are 4-6. You could put Philly in this category as well.

As to Indy? Maybe, but they're still not playing well. We can't assume they will improve.

Same with Dallas. They have underperformed offensively, and this discussion is based on results not reputation.

Finally, Houston? How can you say Houston?

Titans will give up a few big pass plays. We can find seams up top. I say use Leon Washinton, Thomas Jones in the passing game and look for Keller and others down the middle.

20-17 Jets....trust me

Make LBs cover Leon, a big dose of Keller, a pick, a fumble, and some serious blitzing of Leadfoot.

In Dvoa Tennesee is the:

-Reverse

-Wildcat

I feel you, sometimes i forget we have the legend under center. I wake up some days and don't realize the greatest QB ever to play who is coming off his best year ever, who threw 6 td's a few weeks agao, who put two MASTERFUL drives together back to back in Foxboro to put a knife in the heart of the mighty Pats.

How do we score??? let's see:

Favre says hike, then he throws missles to all of his weapons, he hands off to Thomas Jones when the secondary is loose and we score. Look at our rankings in scoring.

The legend, baby, the legend, f%$k the Titans, We're the Titans!!!!and the Jets!! The titans wear blue and gold dingy uniforms, these clowns are some expansion team.

24 - 10 jets.

CTM, hate to tell you I told you so, but I told you so. :D

By the way, THIS is how the Jets are scoring against the Titans. They just pissed all over the mighty Titans' defense.

The Jets offense is for real. No one should sleep on them.

CTM, hate to tell you I told you so, but I told you so. :D

By the way, THIS is how the Jets are scoring against the Titans. They just pissed all over the mighty Titans' defense.

The Jets offense is for real. No one should sleep on them.

I was wrong, you were right, and I couldn't be more friggen happy..

Lets just keep it up...

SMC, out from under the dark shadow of the noodle arm, we are a legit contender for the first time since 1998..

I was wrong, you were right, and I couldn't be more friggen happy..

Lets just keep it up...

SMC, out from under the dark shadow of the noodle arm, we are a legit contender for the first time since 1998..

The thing is, CTM, I completely understood why you felt that way. It made perfect sense based on the Jets history.

But the great thing about what the Jets did against the Titans today is that they've been doing it for the whole year except for a hiccup in Oakland and the start of the season.

Archived