Mangini: best coaching hire in NFL over the last 3yrs

docdhc

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AZ, Pitt and Atlanta all have coaches they probably wouldn't trade for Mangini. Dolphins too? I'm not sure.

Not sure about Whisenhunt. AZ is leading a very weak division but has gotten blown out by the Jets, Giants, and now the Eagles. Tomlin has been good with Cowher's team, but still only 2 years, but I agree, they wouldn't trade for Mangini. The Parcell's Sporano tandem is off to a fast start but way too early to tell. Is there anyone from Mangini's year of hire you would rather have?

Whisenhunt is riding the same thing Mangini is, the hot hand of an old man QB. The wheels are going to fall off both sooner rather than later. Anyone else I'd prefer from the 2006 season? Not particularly. I'm a Mangini fan, but he's certainly made mistakes. Is the subject of thread the best coaching hire of 2006 or the best over the last 3 years? I'm happy with Mangini, but I'm sure other teams are justifiably happy with their selections.

The credit should go to Tannebaum who basically revamped the o-line, got you Lord Favre and got you a beast at nose - knowing that the three-four can't work without one. The best aquistition of the off-season was Jenkins. Period.

Maybe, but I don't know if it's that strong a case frankly. Jenkins has been tremendous, but what about Faneca?

The offense has been better then the defense and a lot of that credit has to go to the Oline. Faneca's been playing really well and has obviously helped out Brick a ton..

I also think Favre should get some consideration. He's been really good in clutch spots where Pennington failed last year and I do believe he brings an attitude and confidence to this team that's been lacking since 02..

Maybe, but I don't know if it's that strong a case frankly. Jenkins has been tremendous, but what about Faneca?

The offense has been better then the defense and a lot of that credit has to go to the Oline. Faneca's been playing really well and has obviously helped out Brick a ton..

I also think Favre should get some consideration. He's been really good in clutch spots where Pennington failed last year and I do believe he brings an attitude and confidence to this team that's been lacking since 02..

Favre has played excellent mistake free football the last two weeks but I think Jenkins is the team MVP by far. Remember when Jenkins went down in the Chargers game and San Diego went nuts on offense?

Jenkins is the glue that holds the D together.

Favre has played excellent mistake free football the last two weeks but I think Jenkins is the team MVP by far. Remember when Jenkins went down in the Chargers game and San Diego went nuts on offense?

Jenkins is the glue that holds the D together.

SD already started going crazy when Jenkins was in there..

I'm not going to bash they guy, like I said, he's been awesome, but our defense has been average imo. I hope they get it together, but as of now I don't think it's as slam dunk case as some think it is..

Hell a few people wanted him fired because it took them so long to score on the opening drive against the Titans.

hahah that's funny. 3/4 of the board wanted him fired when the drive hit 6 minutes. IrishJet on the other hand, changed his mind 3 times during the drive.

Mike, just asking but what exactly do you bring to the table that is so valuable?

Every word that he types has me sitting on the edge of my seat. I hit refresh hoping that mike has blessed us with another of his high quality posts. A day without mike is a day without sunshine.

SD already started going crazy when Jenkins was in there..

I'm not going to bash they guy, like I said, he's been awesome, but our defense has been average imo. I hope they get it together, but as of now I don't think it's as slam dunk case as some think it is..

I think the groundswell sentiment for Favre being the reason the Jets are sitting at 8-3 is because Favre is, well, Favre. As much has Favre has played mistake free football the last couple of weeks he nearly gave away the Chiefs game and hand a huge hand in the Raiders loss.

Jenkins has been a rock all season. He has a new lease on life in NY and his teammates love him.

Back to the original topic: Is Mangini the best coaching hire since 2006?

I'm not sure. All I know is that in every game thread I've read this year many posters have said very bad things about him!

I think the groundswell sentiment for Favre being the reason the Jets are sitting at 8-3 is because Favre is, well, Favre. As much has Favre has played mistake free football the last couple of weeks he nearly gave away the Chiefs game and hand a huge hand in the Raiders loss.

Jenkins has been a rock all season. He has a new lease on life in NY and his teammates love him.

Back to the original topic: Is Mangini the best coaching hire since 2006?

I'm not sure. All I know is that in every game thread I've read this year many posters have said very bad things about him!

That's just what Jets fans do.

If the Jets shut out the Giants 24-0 in the Super Bowl, people will want him fired for not letting Favre be Favre and winning 43-0

That's just what Jets fans do.

If the Jets shut out the Giants 24-0 in the Super Bowl, people will want him fired for not letting Favre be Favre and winning 43-0

I have seen a big change this season from a lot of Jets fans when it comes to that. Of course there are still the usual suspects who I will not name :)

I'm really look forward to tomorrow with Pats/Steelers, Jets/Broncos & Colts/Browns.

The AFC is wide open this year and apart from the Giants, the NFC is as well.

It has been an up and down season for me but I'm really enjoying it.

I have seen a big change this season from a lot of Jets fans when it comes to that. Of course there are still the usual suspects who I will not name :)

I'm really look forward to tomorrow with Pats/Steelers, Jets/Broncos & Colts/Browns.

The AFC is wide open this year and apart from the Giants, the NFC is as well.

It has been an up and down season for me but I'm really enjoying it.

That Pats Steelers game is a big one for the Jets.

What time is it on?

That Pats Steelers game is a big one for the Jets.

What time is it on?

Same time as the Jets game. It would have been much better for my TV viewing tomorrow if the Jets played at 1PM and the Pats played at 4PM.

Oh well, I'll be watching the Pats game and keeping an eye on NFL.com for the Jets/Broncos score.

Same time as the Jets game. It would have been much better for my TV viewing tomorrow if the Jets played at 1PM and the Pats played at 4PM.

Oh well, I'll be watching the Pats game and keeping an eye on NFL.com for the Jets/Broncos score.

It's in NE. you're not going? or is it in Pitts?

Archived