How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

aec4

Have you played professional sports?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played professional sports?

Before you guys criticize my opinions, answer this:

How many of you have played professional sports? I have.. so until you do, i don't think you guys know what's going on in a locker room, during practice, or during a game.

lol, sure you did. I even have your rookie NFL card!

Also, just to save the time after you falsify it, Shannon Sharpe played professional football. Should we make him the coach of the Jets? Should I take anything he says seriously? I'm sure Stephen Hawking never played football or any athletic endeavor in his life, but I should take Sharpe's football analysis over Hawking's?

You're a delusional little idiot that far overestimates your own important and analytic ability. Everyone on this site absolutely can't stand you. Yeah, professional athletes sit around posting on JN and having everybody hate their guts, because they are bitter, arrogant, unlikeable douches.

• Upvote 2

High school sports but not professional.

Baseball doesn't have any intensity in the locker room.

Not true.

A friend of mine was drafted by the Twins and spent five years in the minors and now plays in the Can Am league. There is intensity there, just not as much as in a Football locker room. But there is intensity in the big leagues, even if its the minors.

There's one difference between you and the players on the Jets, Chachi.

They have about seven more zeros on their paycheck.

Do you even get paid real money in Class A baseball, or is it like a meal stipend and a ****ty hotel room?

I'm guessing Class A is what you do when you're too ****ty to get drafted by a team, and too stupid to have another career option in place. No wait that's not true, I think Kurt Warner played Arena Football AND was a grocery bagger!

There's one difference between you and the players on the Jets, Chachi.

They have about seven more zeros on their paycheck.

Do you even get paid real money in Class A baseball, or is it like a meal stipend and a ****ty hotel room?

Money definitely was drastcally different.. no question.. .. There is money paid, but it's not much. However, salary has nothing to do with how the game is played. If anything, the antics some of you guys want the coaches to do to "get the players motivated" would work on us poor folk, but not work on the guy making 10M.

What does playing class A baseball have to do with knowing more than anyone else here about professional football?

The lockerroom, practice, and game is completely different.

The game is different.. the concepts of how you interact with coaches is the same.

Does it mean I know more than anyone else? no. However, when I have to hear idiots like ecurb tell me that since I don't think Mangini needs to jump up and down to be a coach means I must never have played sports is just nonsense.

hey, doesnt Max coach little league? Maybe he can help ya, aec.

Barton is on fire. :rl:

Not only do I coach I am on the Board Of Directors. I have taken some All Star teams pretty far as well.

This one game in the district tournament I took the 5 hitter and led him off. Took the 2 hitter and hit him cleanup. The result? Huge upset and the new # 4 hitter hit a big home run.

The kids were down in the dumps. I totally motivated them. When I coached third base I was animated and fiery but maintained their respect throughout.

• Upvote 3