How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

aec4

Have you played professional sports?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played professional sports?

how do you get through your daily life if you want to beat up everyone who calls you a name? wow.

See, here's the problem. I don't agree with everyone's opinion on the problems of the Jets and vice versa. What I won't do is call someone stupid if they disagree with me...it's just a difference of opinion. You took it to a name calling personal level....that's what I have a problem with.

• Upvote 1

The game is different.. the concepts of how you interact with coaches is the same.

Does it mean I know more than anyone else? no. However, when I have to hear idiots like ecurb tell me that since I don't think Mangini needs to jump up and down to be a coach means I must never have played sports is just nonsense.

Did you ever win one for the Gipper?

• Post of the Week 1

See, here's the problem. I don't agree with everyone's opinion on the problems of the Jets and vice versa. What I won't do is call someone stupid if they disagree with me...it's just a difference of opinion. You took it to a name calling personal level....that's what I have a problem with.

so what? you are supposedly such a man? get over it.

Guys this is disappointing -- here we have a thread of legendary proportion and you guys are threatening to have us lock it. That would suck.

Sometimes you need to just enjoy what you have. Enjoy this one people. The name calling isn't needed.

then your mom asked you to clean up the xbox and come to the table for dinner.

No, no silly, that's madden, i've thrown for 9 in that game. I'm talking about real football, it was a great game, i was all over the place, zipping it around and carrying my team on my back. My shoulders hurt so much that day, your mom was kind enough to give me a rub down afterwards.

not surprised with the mom jokes being pulled out here.

No, no silly, that's madden, i've thrown for 9 in that game. I'm talking about real football, it was a great game, i was all over the place, zipping it around and carrying my team on my back. My shoulders hurt so much that day, your mom was kind enough to give me a rub down afterwards.

not surprised with the mom jokes being pulled out here.

Hope you enjoyed the rubdown....

I played college basketball

I can't say I know how an NBA team works, what it's like to fly around the country and play on network TV, but I know how a team works, and how chemistry counts and confidence in the coach matters , and blah blah blah what was the question again ?

Before you guys criticize my opinions, answer this:

How many of you have played professional sports? I have.. so until you do, i don't think you guys know what's going on in a locker room, during practice, or during a game.

why not just tack on the old "the other guys get paid too" line of bullcrap...

I never played, but was involved with college and professional sports. I know what goes on in a locker room, on the practice field, during a game. And yes, most fans have no clue on what actually happens or what is good motivation... they only see clips of sh!t on TV.

BUT, sports is a game of emotion and intensity. A good coach knows how to push the right buttons or how to get his veteran leadership to lead the way. Our coaching staff neither pushes the right buttons or gets veteran leadership to show the way.

This team is showing zero heart and zero intensity right now. And zero intelligence in their game planning. Is it coaching? Is it the players? Is it both?

• Upvote 1

I played college basketball

I can't say I know how an NBA team works, what it's like to fly around the country and play on network TV, but I know how a team works, and how chemistry counts and confidence in the coach matters , and blah blah blah what was the question again ?

If you didnt play in the NBDL then you have no clue..... :)

isn't class A considered the minor leagues? or "semi pro"? If it is semi-pro then you really need to rethink your bragging. because there are "semi-pro" football teams all over this country that suck so bad they can't even make extra points.

And if these ****ty teams count then half of my old soccer team must be pro athletes because they can hit a 25 yard field goal. :rl: