What position would you draft first

Jets1Fan

i dont want names necessarily, TAYLOR MAYS, but what position do you think the Jets should draft with their first selection. I know it's early but, I just wanna know what area(s) you think we need the most help at....

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

Are there any good ones in the upcoming draft?

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

Are there any good ones in the upcoming draft?

LOL

CB - we are terrible there

WR - we dont have one worth a ****

ILB - Barton is going to be getting a pick bonus and even though I love him, we need to free up cap space.

DE - Ellis isnt getting any younger and dope dont help you stay in shape, trust me, I know.

I would be happy with any of those positions.

You'd be surprised how many QB's drafted in the first round turn out to be duds...I'm still holding out for Brett Ratliff.

considering that almost EVERY qb that the jets drafted in the 1st round has been somewhat successful, i'll take my chances.

joe namath, richard todd (sucked), ken o'brien (moderately successful, oh what could have been), chad pennington (he had his good years here).

3 of 4 drafted in the first have been considered successfull jet qbs...all top the jets record books.

1 of 4 won a superbowl.

i believe all of them took us to the playoffs.

and tangini knows what he's doing. i think we should draft a franchise QB. we finally have an amazing o-line for it. do it tangini.

but i certainly wouldn't mind ratliff turning into a great qb. hope he does, he has a lot of potential.

Pass rushers(we have zero good ones) and a real true #1 WR are our biggest needs imo.

I dont want to think much about the offseason yet, but where would you put another passrusher. The Jets have 40+ million locked up in Calvin Pace. They have 40+ million locked up in Vernon Gholston. They still have something like 17 million locked up in Bryan Thomas. You dont get a pass rush out of the DEs or NT in this defense. Upgrading Kenyon Coleman might open more lanes, but even he is on a big deal. Where would you store another pass rusher on the team and how could you justify spending more money on these positions?

LOL

CB - we are terrible there

Top priority.

WR - we dont have one worth a ****

Cotchery is a VERY good receiver. As for Coles, he's had a rough time of it but I still think he will be a good receiver for awhile. I admit though we do need a #1: a real burner or a big guy at WR.

I'm still wondering about how Clowney will turn out, good speed but obviously no reason to think he will be a #1 yet. As for Stuckey, he is a good little possession receiver. I don't think he'll ever be as good as Coles was, but he can fill his spot adequately one day. So our possession tandem soon will be Cotchery and Stuckey, and either Clowney will turn into a burner or we will need to get a #1 here somehow else.

considering that almost EVERY qb that the jets drafted in the 1st round has been somewhat successful, i'll take my chances.

joe namath, richard todd (sucked), ken o'brien (moderately successful, oh what could have been), chad pennington (he had his good years here).

3 of 4 drafted in the first have been considered successfull jet qbs...all top the jets record books.

1 of 4 won a superbowl.

i believe all of them took us to the playoffs.

and tangini knows what he's doing. i think we should draft a franchise QB. we finally have an amazing o-line for it. do it tangini.

but i certainly wouldn't mind ratliff turning into a great qb. hope he does, he has a lot of potential.

I was referring to QB's in general taken in the first round...you can right a who's who book on them...many are Heisman trophy winners.

You'd be surprised how many QB's drafted in the first round turn out to be duds...I'm still holding out for Brett Ratliff.

I agree

We have three young QB's on the roster, well Ainge in on IR, and roids, but still the Jets need to look at these kids to see if they have anything.

This doesn't particularly seem to be a very good draft for QB's, and there are other needs to be addressed right now.

As mentioned above.

CB, Safety, ILB, and WR. I would pick the best player at those four positions.

I dont want to think much about the offseason yet, but where would you put another passrusher. The Jets have 40+ million locked up in Calvin Pace. They have 40+ million locked up in Vernon Gholston. They still have something like 17 million locked up in Bryan Thomas. You dont get a pass rush out of the DEs or NT in this defense. Upgrading Kenyon Coleman might open more lanes, but even he is on a big deal. Where would you store another pass rusher on the team and how could you justify spending more money on these positions?

You draft pass rushers until you find ones that can get to the QB. We currently have zero of them. The money is irrelevant- its about winning.

I agree

We have three young QB's on the roster, well Ainge in on IR, and roids, but still the Jets need to look at these kids to see if they have anything.

This doesn't particularly seem to be a very good draft for QB's, and there are other needs to be addressed right now.

As mentioned above.

CB, Safety, ILB, and WR. I would pick the best player at those four positions.

Agreed. Though there are alot putting up big numbers this year, there isn't a real NFL caliber QB that's going to be coming out in the upcoming draft. A couple have the potential but I don't see any Matt Ryan's out there.

I think that we should definitely go out and get a top CB starting opposite Revis. That should be our number one priority. At WR, ILB, DE, and QB we have guys that either haven't proven anything yet or are doing a decent job.

At CB we have Ty Law, c'mon.

A high 1st rounder (which we probably won't have) will have higher odds of succeeding than Brett Ratliff will. Not saying Ratliff won't, but the odds are not in his favor.

Give me Terry Coady DT from bama

Stick him next to jenkins and go back to 4-3

i have seen enuff of mangini's pussified 3-4

If you're going to do that we are going to need to find a new MLB and OLB and cut ties with some veterans.

I'd say the 43 with the Jets in 2009 would look like this:

DE - Shaun Ellis

DT - Kris Jenkins

DT - ???

DE - Calvin Pace

OLB - ???

MLB - ???

OLB - ???

CB - Darrelle Revis

FS - Kerry Rhodes

SS - ???

CB - ???

You'd have Vernon Gholston and Bryan Thomas. One would have to go, of course it would be Thomas, unless of course you want to release Shaun Ellis. I guess you could release both Thomas & Ellis and just start Gholston, if you'd like. Kenyon Coleman can stay in as a backup DT and DE, but I don't like the idea of him starting in the 43.

David Harris was an OLB at Michigan in the 43, so does he return to the outside? If so, who plays MLB? Eric Barton is a FA, if he's resigned he can play OLB. Still no MLB. Not to mention Calvin Pace won't be half as good in the 43 as he is in the 34.

Are we comfortable with Elam & Lowery or Smith & Lowery? With the 31st ranked pass defense, I'm not. We are stuck with the 34 unless we want a couple of back to back 4-12 seasons until we can reload. Jets can't go on a spending spree this offseason like they did last. I'd be surprised if we could sign more than 1 big name player.

If you're going to do that we are going to need to find a new MLB and OLB and cut ties with some veterans.

I'd say the 43 with the Jets in 2009 would look like this:

DE - Shaun Ellis

DT - Kris Jenkins

DT - ???

DE - Calvin Pace

OLB - ???

MLB - ???

OLB - ???

CB - Darrelle Revis

FS - Kerry Rhodes

SS - ???

CB - ???

You'd have Vernon Gholston and Bryan Thomas. One would have to go, of course it would be Thomas, unless of course you want to release Shaun Ellis. I guess you could release both Thomas & Ellis and just start Gholston, if you'd like. Kenyon Coleman can stay in as a backup DT and DE, but I don't like the idea of him starting in the 43.

David Harris was an OLB at Michigan in the 43, so does he return to the outside? If so, who plays MLB? Eric Barton is a FA, if he's resigned he can play OLB. Still no MLB. Not to mention Calvin Pace won't be half as good in the 43 as he is in the 34.

Are we comfortable with Elam & Lowery or Smith & Lowery? With the 31st ranked pass defense, I'm not. We are stuck with the 34 unless we want a couple of back to back 4-12 seasons until we can reload. Jets can't go on a spending spree this offseason like they did last. I'd be surprised if we could sign more than 1 big name player.

Barton is useless in either system

harris should be able to play MLB

why not gholston at DE and pace at 1 OLB

Barton is useless in either system

harris should be able to play MLB

why not gholston at DE and pace at 1 OLB

Pace at OLB in the 34? No thanks. Maybe that could work.

and Barton has played better than anyone at ILB this season.

Top priority.

Cotchery is a VERY good receiver. As for Coles, he's had a rough time of it but I still think he will be a good receiver for awhile. I admit though we do need a #1: a real burner or a big guy at WR.

I'm still wondering about how Clowney will turn out, good speed but obviously no reason to think he will be a #1 yet. As for Stuckey, he is a good little possession receiver. I don't think he'll ever be as good as Coles was, but he can fill his spot adequately one day. So our possession tandem soon will be Cotchery and Stuckey, and either Clowney will turn into a burner or we will need to get a #1 here somehow else.

None of our receivers are a threat to anyone. We have a bunch of possession receivers.

We need someone who can stretch the field from the X and Y spot. We lack a game changing receiver.

1. Best secondary player on the board

2. DE

3. WR

4. NT

Safety and #2 CB are the only real glaring weaknesses so that obviously has to be addressed first unless someone ridiculous falls. We're some what old and mediocre at DE so adding some youth and talent there would be a good thing. We specifically need a #1 WR which we probably won't find in the later rounds so this might not be the draft to do it in. I'd really like them to look at a NT in round 3, maybe 2 if someone fell. There's not much after Jenkins and we can't have such a huge dropoff everytime he's out of the game. Since its the most important defensive position for us you can never have to many good NTs.

early i think they go CB.

If there is a bigger need than CB on this team i don't know what it is.

Personally I hope they get Jeremy Maclin, Missouri. they need a gamebreaking Wr. Coles looks to be just about done.

JMO this team won't draft a S very early, they don't value the position that highly... and none of the best S are that good compared to Eric Berry who comes out after next year.

ILB is a possibility but it has to be the right guy... maybe a Maulaluga or Curry but they aren't just gonna take any ILB just to do it.

with 3 possible future QBs on the roster they won't take a QB this draft. Also I believe Favre comes back next year.

How many years are we going to waste a pick on a QB?

Lets see what is available at our pick...

But, CB or WR would be good. If like, Colt McCoy came out (and he isn't), then I'd pick him if available.

You can never go wrong picking (good) linemen.

Archived