Pennington's revenge

Jet Moses

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more scared of the gameplan. Miami struggles to score 20 points (except against New England).

Then again, Buffalo was struggling to score more than 3. :bag:

The legend of the same ol' Jets just wouldn't be complete without Pennington coming back to scuttle the Jets. I can sense it. :cloudy:

I'm more scared of the gameplan. Miami struggles to score 20 points (except against New England).

Then again, Buffalo was struggling to score more than 3. :bag:

The Miami defense hasn't given up an offensive TD in 4 of their last 5 games and in each of those games, they were victorious.

In each of those four victories, Miami scored the following against the vaunted defenses of their opponents:

17 points against Oakland (24.9 ppg - 24th in the NFL)

16 points against STL (29.8 ppg- 31st in the NFL)

16 points against Buffalo (21.9 ppg - 18th in the NFL)

14 points against SF (24.4 ppg - 22nd in the NFL)

If the Jets lose to Miami, it will be due to a poor gameplan on both sides of the ball, and like Sperm said, that is my concern.

the worst part for me is that I used to enjoy hating all miami players--yet I can't even dislike the guy after the way we treated him and the way he reacted with class and even poise. Perhaps someone out there can tell me a story about how he pinches children and poisons neighborhood cats?

How about him committing grand larceny against the New York Jets and their fanbase? You can add fraud to the list of charges as well.

You must have disabled Reputation when people were allowed to give you negative feedback.

What does my reputation have to do with it? Am I Wrong that Herm destroyed Pennington's shoulder? That Pennington took a pay cut? That he lobbied to get Coles back, That he played with an O-line that nearly got him killed last year (and likely destroyed Clemens confidence for seasons to come) Am I wrong that his agent and the beloved Tannenbaum drew up his contract which the Jets organization happily signed? That he, unlike the Gholston's of the team, actually played for his money? That after years of service to the team he was summarily shoved out the door for a guy who openly admitted that we were his last choice? Am I wrong that Penny was a better QB than the team and CS around him allowed him to be the last two years (see: Favre as the New Mr. Dink and Dunk, and Pennington as the QB of the former basement-dwelling Phins.) I believe I've made a point here. You don't have to agree, but I wouldn't be so quick to attack reputations without backing up your own opinions. Now as for Pennington, I can only hope news come out that he's been caught in a horse-fighting ring, sets fire Nuns simply because they "burn funnier", or he knocks up my sister. That way I can dislike him as much as I'm beginning to dislike Mr. Hector.

While I rooted for Chad in a Jet uni I find it easy to hate him now.

He is the enemy in that God awful fairy colored uniform.

Do I fear him. You bet I do and I hope this idiot coaching staff does as well. He has a personal agenda against us and he will be full of piss and vinigar. But let's not put the horse before the carraige. We have to find a way to rid ourselves of the wc jinx before we face the dolphags.

While I rooted for Chad in a Jet uni I find it easy to hate him now.

He is the enemy in that God awful fairy colored uniform.

Do I fear him. You bet I do and I hope this idiot coaching staff does as well. He has a personal agenda against us and he will be full of piss and vinigar. But let's not put the horse before the carraige. We have to find a way to rid ourselves of the wc jinx before we face the dolphags.

good point. Looking ahead = trap game. I'm swearing off Dolphins posts for the rest of the week (kills a chicken and dances barefoot on hot coals to remove jinx)

What does my reputation have to do with it? Am I Wrong that Herm destroyed Pennington's shoulder? That Pennington took a pay cut? That he lobbied to get Coles back, That he played with an O-line that nearly got him killed last year (and likely destroyed Clemens confidence for seasons to come) Am I wrong that his agent and the beloved Tannenbaum drew up his contract which the Jets organization happily signed? That he, unlike the Gholston's of the team, actually played for his money? That after years of service to the team he was summarily shoved out the door for a guy who openly admitted that we were his last choice? Am I wrong that Penny was a better QB than the team and CS around him allowed him to be the last two years (see: Favre as the New Mr. Dink and Dunk, and Pennington as the QB of the former basement-dwelling Phins.) I believe I've made a point here. You don't have to agree, but I wouldn't be so quick to attack reputations without backing up your own opinions. Now as for Pennington, I can only hope news come out that he's been caught in a horse-fighting ring, sets fire Nuns simply because they "burn funnier", or he knocks up my sister. That way I can dislike him as much as I'm beginning to dislike Mr. Hector.

Awesome post.

Well, much like Montezuma I would probably **** my pants if that happened.

We gotta get BP to unlock those threads of you and Smizzy and ecurb argueing last season.

:lol:

Am I Wrong that Herm destroyed Pennington's shoulder?

Yes

That Pennington took a pay cut?
Not for the good of the team as him and his father will tell you. He did it for the good of Chad. Besides, it wasn't even a paycut, it simply moved his guaranteed pay to incentive based because of the fact that he wasn't even throwing when he agreed to it. (he ended up earning every penny back)

That he lobbied to get Coles back
So? He wanted his boyfriend back in town.

That he played with an O-line that nearly got him killed last year (and likely destroyed Clemens confidence for seasons to come)
And his line in 2004 was the best in the league...

Am I wrong that his agent and the beloved Tannenbaum drew up his contract which the Jets organization happily signed?

No, it actually went to the eve of the season as Pennington was promising if it didn't get done it wouldn't get done till after the 2004 season. (Take it or leave it bargaining position)

That he, unlike the Gholston's of the team, actually played for his money?
So a guy who only played 1 full season in 6 years here "played" for his money :rl:

That after years of service to the team he was summarily shoved out the door for a guy who openly admitted that we were his last choice?

He still has the largest contract in team history and was shoved out the door because he's yet to string together 2 solid seasons

Am I wrong that Penny was a better QB than the team and CS around him allowed him to be the last two years (see: Favre as the New Mr. Dink and Dunk, and Pennington as the QB of the former basement-dwelling Phins.)

Again, if Penny does it again next year or does something other then wet himself in the playoffs you might have a point

I believe I've made a point here.

Not really.

You don't have to agree, but I wouldn't be so quick to attack reputations without backing up your own opinions. Now as for Pennington, I can only hope news come out that he's been caught in a horse-fighting ring, sets fire Nuns simply because they "burn funnier", or he knocks up my sister. That way I can dislike him as much as I'm beginning to dislike Mr. Hector.
Dude, he's a lieing, conniving, manipulative little devil who has used his journalism degree to his advantage. He was coming off a miserable season in 2003 and manipulated that weak hand Bradway into the second biggest sontract in league history at the time, and then proceeded to tell the press and fans that he instructed his agent to make it as team friendly as possible. Ha! He basically **** on a plate and told you it was fillet mignon and you lopped it up.

This pattern was repeated again and again, like the leaked story about him offering 1m back to the Jets to get Coles that never occurred. Or the "pay cut" he took in 2006 that he'll tell was for the good of the team when in reality it was Chad's best option and wasn't a pay cut at all..

Seriously, I'll never understand why people allow themselves to be conned so easily...

Yes

He was coming off a miserable season in 2003 and manipulated that weak hand Bradway into the second biggest sontract in league history at the time, and then proceeded to tell the press and fans that he instructed his agent to make it as team friendly as possible. Ha! He basically **** on a plate and told you it was fillet mignon and you lopped it up.

How much money is Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, and Carson Palmer making? What did any of those guys do (so far) in the NFL?

the worst part for me is that I used to enjoy hating all miami players--yet I can't even dislike the guy after the way we treated him and the way he reacted with class and even poise. Perhaps someone out there can tell me a story about how he pinches children and poisons neighborhood cats?

Honestly I heard that once he did step on a spider. :biggrin:

How much money is Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, and Carson Palmer making? What did any of those guys do (so far) in the NFL?

Which one of them told their fans it was for the good of the team?

I don't fault him for taking advantage of Bradway, god knows everyone did, it's that he went out of his way to attempt to deceive us when he could of just gave the standard "fair for both sides" spiel.

Which one of them told their fans it was for the good of the team?

I don't fault him for taking advantage of Bradway, god knows everyone did, it's that he went out of his way to attempt to deceive us when he could of just gave the standard "fair for both sides" spiel.

So you have a resentment against Chad Pennington, is that it?

What does my reputation have to do with it?

It was a quip, where I was suggesting that your opinions are absurd and would result in negative feedback from sound-minded individuals.

Am I Wrong that Herm destroyed Pennington's shoulder?
Yes, for all of Herm's drawbacks, he wasn't the one who drove Pennington into the turf, turning his barely-passable NFL arm into a decorative appendage.

That Pennington took a pay cut?
You mean the "pay cut" that he earned back every penny of with easily attainable playing time incentives?

That he lobbied to get Coles back
He wanted his BFF back on the team, so what? Now we're stuck with a whiner who is still burning the Chad flame in his locker.

That he played with an O-line that nearly got him killed last year (and likely destroyed Clemens confidence for seasons to come)
Ken O'Brien played behind a crap line for years and I don't recall anyone ever making excuses for him (instead lamenting that he wasn't Dan Marino).

Am I wrong that his agent and the beloved Tannenbaum drew up his contract which the Jets organization happily signed?
They Jets' hand was forced after the wrist injury in '03 and they pinned their hope on his 2002 performance, as they felt they had a playoff caliber team going into the 2004 season, with no apparent replacement for Pennington if they let him walk. If he played the entire 2003 season and was garbage, then he doesn't get that contract. The injury was a blessing for Chad's bank account.

That he, unlike the Gholston's of the team, actually played for his money?
You are comparing a rookie learning a new position to a guy who signed the 2nd biggest contact for a QB (at the time) and was career 34-32 for the Jets and missed something like 24 games due to injury over 6 seasons. He played for his money? That's rich (but not as rich as Chadwick).

That after years of service to the team he was summarily shoved out the door for a guy who openly admitted that we were his last choice?
Brett Favre's legacy is the HOF and Lombardi Trophy and a 2007 trip to the NFC Championship Game. Chad Pennington's legacy is undeserved media and Internet message board love, despite a 1-7 record in 2007. Favre's first choice of where to play is immaterial, as he was clearly the better option for the 2008 New York Jets.

Am I wrong that Penny was a better QB than the team and CS around him allowed him to be the last two years (see: Favre as the New Mr. Dink and Dunk, and Pennington as the QB of the former basement-dwelling Phins.)
2007 Dolphins Defense - 30th in points allowed

2008 Dolphins Defense - 9th in points allowed

2007 Dolphins Offense - 26th in points scored

2008 Dolphins Offense - 23rd in points scored

The Dolphins defense hasn't given up an offensive TD in their last 4 wins. They, not your beloved Chad, are the reason Miami has a winning record this season.

Miami is ranked 10th in offensive yardage and 23rd in points. That is what Chad Pennington brings to a team.

I believe I've made a point here.
If it was that you're looking at the world through Chad-colored glasses, then point taken.

Now as for Pennington, I can only hope news come out that he's been caught in a horse-fighting ring, sets fire Nuns simply because they "burn funnier", or he knocks up my sister. That way I can dislike him as much as I'm beginning to dislike Mr. Hector.
Setting the team I root for back 6 years after teasing that he might be a quality NFL QB for 3/4 of a season is reason enough for me to dislike him. However, the Kool-Aid drinkers like you that think Chad can do no wrong are the reason I have come to hate him.

Setting the team I root for back 6 years after teasing that he might be a quality NFL QB for 3/4 of a season is reason enough for me to dislike him. However, the Kool-Aid drinkers like you that think Chad can do no wrong are the reason I have come to hate him.

Great point. Dead on.

Also a great point about O'Brien. I've never seen a professional player treated with kid gloves the way Chad has been. It's like he's a 13 year female gymnast or a special Olympiad with the "chad standards" that have been developed

Resentment isn't the right word....

I can't stand him, his BS, or his girlie style of play...

Well, if you're going to be honest with yourself, you should at least acknowledge the Jets haven't gotten dramatically better without him, but he seems to be doing alot better now that he's found a new home.

Who did you hate more, Chad or Herm?

Well, if you're going to be honest with yourself, you should at least acknowledge the Jets haven't gotten dramatically better without him, but he seems to be doing alot better now that he's found a new home.

Hmm, if I'm being honest with myself I'd say that both the Jets and the dolphins are doing a lot better this year then last. So I don't understand your point.

Chad, but mainly because his groupies still exist and were always more numerous..

I am going to keep posting these numbers every time someone wants to give Chad Pennington the lion's share of credit for the Miami Dolphins having 9 wins and being in the playoff hunt. Maybe it will eventually start to resonate...

2007 Dolphins Defense - 30th in points allowed

2008 Dolphins Defense - 9th in points allowed

2007 Dolphins Offense - 26th in points scored

2008 Dolphins Offense - 23rd in points scored

Chad. Cutting ties with Herm was easy, as he had very few sympathizers. The same can not be said for James Chadwick Pennington.

Hmm, if I'm being honest with myself I'd say that both the Jets and the dolphins are doing a lot better this year then last. So I don't understand your point.

Chad, but mainly because his groupies still exist and were always more numerous..

Well, I take everything that happened during the herm/bradway error with a grain a salt, because they were completely incompetent.

And you're still not being honest because a helluva lot more changed for the Jets and the Dolphins than just QB's.

Two great forces will be at work: same ol' Jets and same ol' Pennington. Which evil force will prevail? Tune in to find out.

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't know that there is such a thing as "same ol' pennington." Logically, if a guy plays his whole career in one spot with mediocre results, at the end gets two broken wings and THEN shipped off to a 1-15 team and is now keeping that team tied for first in division heading to week 16, than it was always the "same ol' jets" that he was a part of. He seems to have shed the dark cloud when he left. I mean, the guy hasn't even gotten injured in any way at all for a whole damn season.

To be honest, the thought of this game and the possibilities are making me sick, like actually physically sick.

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't know that there is such a thing as "same ol' pennington." Logically, if a guy plays his whole career in one spot with mediocre results, at the end gets two broken wings and THEN shipped off to a 1-15 team and is now keeping that team tied for first in division heading to week 16, than it was always the "same ol' jets" that he was a part of. He seems to have shed the dark cloud when he left. I mean, the guy hasn't even gotten injured in any way at all for a whole damn season.

To be honest, the thought of this game and the possibilities are making me sick, like actually physically sick.

Just thank the inept FO for that...

From Wikipedia. I swear I didn't write it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Pennington

At this point in the 2008 NFL regular season, Chad has 261 completions for 393 Attempts, with 3062 yards and twelve touchdowns and six interceptions. His passer rating is at 93.7, good for sixth in the NFL. He has started all thirteen games for the Dolphins and helped to lead them to a 8-5 record, and is the first Dolphins quarterback to throw for 3,000 yards in a season since Jay Fiedler did it in 2001. Pennington is an avenging angel of the Lord sent to right past wrongs. He will rain revenge on the New York Jets in week 17 of the 2008 NFL season. Then the circle shall be complete.

In November 2008, Pennington was selected by his teammates as the team's alternate NFLPA representative after defensive end Vonnie Holliday.

Archived