Andy Pettite=POS

Zeebers

Honorable Andy Dandy anyone? What's with this guy? The Yankees have made him a more than fair offer at $10mil to have him finish his career in the Bronx. He is now claiming that a "mysterious team" has offered 3 years at $36mil. Will this guy every stop lying?? He is tarnishing his reputation more than the HGH stuff ever has.

Honorable Andy Dandy anyone? What's with this guy? The Yankees have made him a more than fair offer at $10mil to have him finish his career in the Bronx. He is now claiming that a "mysterious team" has offered 3 years at $36mil. Will this guy every stop lying?? He is tarnishing his reputation more than the HGH stuff ever has.

Lurch is just trying to maximize his last ever contract. Can't really blame him.

He's trying to milk every last dime out of his left arm.Can you really blame him? This kind of earning potential is going to be over soon. Good for him. He's had a good career, but he was awful last year. If any team is going to give him 3 years, take it. And good luck.

He's trying to milk every last dime out of his left arm.Can you really blame him? This kind of earning potential is going to be over soon. Good for him. He's had a good career, but he was awful last year. If any team is going to give him 3 years, take it. And good luck.

Bugg......can I get the agent for that shoe thrower? Tigers could use him in the bullpen.

Bugg......can I get the agent for that shoe thrower? Tigers could use him in the bullpen.

Sorry. Yanaks have that Iraqi lefty pegged for the "lefty one guy" bullpen role, if Iraqi security doesn't break more than half the bones in his body between now and when ptichers and catchers report. Being a big market club has it's advantages.

Honor? Where is the honor of giving a guy that is weeks away from being 32yo and before last season never had more then 12 wins? Andy should hold out for more.

What about AJ? Not a little worried about a 32yo guy that just established his career highs in everything? Think Brady Anderson.

Am I worried? Not really. Do I think it could backfire on the Yankees, yeah. But, it doesn't effect my life enough to make me worry.

If he can get a 3 year deal he should definitely take it. If he can get more than the Yankees offered, he should definitely take it.

The Yankees are a LOT like many corporations today. They seem to value people that currently don't work for them over people who have had lots of success for them. Andy has four rings, but let's play hard ball with him. C.C. has a world of talent, so they over pay him by an extremely wide margin. Same goes with A.J. they think he can be good so they overwhelm him with money.

The guys who have proven they can get it done four times over, have to fight for every penny it seems. Not so much for the outsiders that the Yankees decide they have to have.

If he can get a 3 year deal he should definitely take it. If he can get more than the Yankees offered, he should definitely take it.

The Yankees are a LOT like many corporations today. They seem to value people that currently don't work for them over people who have had lots of success for them. Andy has four rings, but let's play hard ball with him. C.C. has a world of talent, so they over pay him by an extremely wide margin. Same goes with A.J. they think he can be good so they overwhelm him with money.

The guys who have proven they can get it done four times over, have to fight for every penny it seems. Not so much for the outsiders that the Yankees decide they have to have.

I don't know. AP didn't look good at all going down the stretch and the Yankees (they're no different than anyone else) have applied that tag of "what have you done for me lately"...believe me, if Andy went something like 15-9 or something similar we wouldn't even be having this debate.

I agree, he faltered down the stretch last year and if he one 4 of those games it could have made a world of difference in the playoffs.

The last few years in Houston he rode the DL for the first part of each season. Thats why he seemed strong down the stretch. His elbow issues and lots of innings and no HGH, equal less money

Archived