Trade For Anquan Boldin!

Ghost

It is more than just our WRs. It is Schottenheimer's cookie cutter, bullsh*t excuse of an NFL offense that is our main problem.

Check out Kevin Gilbride with the Giants. Without Plaxico Burress in the Giants lineup, we have significantly better WRs and a better TE than the Giants. Can anyone debate that?

We also have just as good or at least comparable of a running game to what the Giants have.

Eli Manning sucked balls on Sunday. He was terrible. However, even with lesser talent, how many times did Gilbride design a play where there was a Giants WR running wide open?

Eli missed Steve Smith WIDE OPEN twice, he missed Dominick Hixon WIDE OPEN twice, he missed Amani Toomer wide open once. That was just the misses however. He hit Dominick Hixon wide open once for a 30+ yard gain and he hit both Kevin Boss and Amani Toomer wide open for 20+ yard gains a piece.

When was the last time EVER when you were able to call a Jets WR "wide open?" The Giants had this many receivers wide open in one single game (Hixon 3 times, Smith 2 times, Toomer 2 times, Kevin Boss 1 time).

Are you telling me that Toomer, Hixon, Smith and Boss are better than Cotchery, Coles, Stuckey, and Keller? If so you're on crack.

And how many teams that we played did the same thing to our defense? How many times was that fossil Isaac Bruce running WIDE OPEN drag routes in the game against us? Every other play? Or how about Tony Scheffler in the Denver game? How many times did he catch a pass without a single defender anywhere within an 8 yard radius of him? Etc.

It is Gilbride (and other Offensive Corrdinators) >>>>>>>>>> Schottenheimer. Now I'm not saying we don't need a legitimate #1 WR. We do. But get a competent Offensive Coordinator in here and watch how much play design has to do with WRs and TEs having the opportunity to be playmakers.

It is more than just our WRs. It is Schottenheimer's cookie cutter, bullsh*t excuse of an NFL offense that is our main problem.

Check out Kevin Gilbride with the Giants. Without Plaxico Burress in the Giants lineup, we have significantly better WRs and a better TE than the Giants. Can anyone debate that?

We also have just as good or at least comparable of a running game to what the Giants have.

Eli Manning sucked balls on Sunday. He was terrible. However, even with lesser talent, how many times did Gilbride design a play where there was a Giants WR running wide open?

Eli missed Steve Smith WIDE OPEN twice, he missed Dominick Hixon WIDE OPEN twice, he missed Amani Toomer wide open once. That was just the misses however. He hit Dominick Hixon wide open once for a 30+ yard gain and he hit both Kevin Boss and Amani Toomer wide open for 20+ yard gains a piece.

When was the last time EVER when you were able to call a Jets WR "wide open?" The Giants had this many receivers wide open in one single game (Hixon 3 times, Smith 2 times, Toomer 2 times, Kevin Boss 1 time).

Are you telling me that Toomer, Hixon, Smith and Boss are better than Cotchery, Coles, Stuckey, and Keller? If so you're on crack.

And how many teams that we played did the same thing to our defense? How many times was that fossil Isaac Bruce running WIDE OPEN drag routes in the game against us? Every other play? Or how about Tony Scheffler in the Denver game? How many times did he catch a pass without a single defender anywhere within an 8 yard radius of him? Etc.

It is Gilbride (and other Offensive Corrdinators) >>>>>>>>>> Schottenheimer. Now I'm not saying we don't need a legitimate #1 WR. We do. But get a competent Offensive Coordinator in here and watch how much play design has to do with WRs and TEs having the opportunity to be playmakers.

You are dead on. And they are thinking of making this clown Schotty Jr their Head Coach???

You make excellent points there, JMJ. I may have to consider revising my list yet again.

You make excellent points there, JMJ. I may have to consider revising my list yet again.

This thread itself is about Anquan Boldin. When was the last time football fans saw Anquan? It was after he completed a 71 yard catch-n-run for a TD in a playoff game. Think about that play. While it only turned into a 71 yard TD due to great run after catch ability and fantastic downfield blocking by fellow WRs, but how open was Boldin before there was even a would-be tackler in site on your television screen?

I ask again. When was the last time we ever saw a Jets WR that wide open because of play design and not due to a defender falling down? Coles vs. Cincinnati on 2007?

It's like purchasing options before you buy the car. We need a QB that will get him the ball before we sign a WR like this.

That kind of thinking is why Santanna Moss was traded for Coles. And now the QB is gone anyway. If the QB can't cut it, gotta get someone in here that can, rather than get crappy WRs. Pennington obviously doesn't even miss Coles, he used a number of guys this year for his best statistical season, and then imploded in the playoffs like always.

This just in:

-The Cardinals are not going to trade Anquan Boldin.

-The Raiders will not let Nnamdi Asomougha walk, they will franchsie him or resign him. That is the only thing that will ever happen to him until he is 35 years old.

-Tom Brady is going to play this season and kick our asses, again.

-No we cannot sign Joe Montana.

This just in:

-The Raiders will not let Nnamdi Asomougha walk, they will franchsie him or resign him. That is the only thing that will ever happen to him until he is 35 years old.

why not?? I would love to see Joe wearing Green and white

This just in:

Aren't you Mr Positive.

I do not think Anquan is going anywhere either. I live in Phoenix and all you heard about in the offseason was the Anquan Boldin hold out and wanting to be traded. But seeing as how the Cardinals season ended up I see him and the organization seeing eye to eye and them trying to wrap him up long term. I think a lot of his problem was his pushy agent Rosenhaus was pushing his client. That all being said seeing this guy play every week, I would give up our 1st round pick for sure!

Pretty comprehensive but IMO comparing the Giants offense to the Jets is a farce.

1. The Jets running game is in no way comparable to the Giants. They had two guys go over 1,000 yards. TJ had a very good year, but don't get too excited because he won the AFC rushing title. I think that only took 1300 yards.

2. The Jets WRs are better than that Giants WRs-Plaxico. OTOH, the Jets WRs are better because they run smart routes and catch the ball. Hixon, Smith and Sinorice Moss are all over the map. Sure Hixon is wide open, the guy is a rocket, but he doesn't generally adjust well to the ball and drops 'em. They (except Toomer) are more comparable to Clowney. Sure he'll get wide open, but do you want him out there when you are trying to convert 3 and 6? I'd stick with Coles and Cotch.

3. Sure Bruce was running wide open. That OC was Mike Martz. Nobody denies he's able to get people open. He gets QBs killed and had turnovers. The 49ers fumbled 5 times

4. It's not exactly fair to compare what people did against the Jets D to the rest of the league. First of all, the Jets D just got the coach fired despite having a 9-7 record and a QB that **** his adult diaper the last 5 weeks. It is also VERY slow, has LBs and a S that CAN'T cover and very poor #2 and #3 CBs. Sure people run open. Big shock. Our 270 lb LBs can't cover ground.

5. I watched the Giants and you can keep Gilbride. If he were here you'd be crucifying him.

OTOH, I agree completely with your response to the thread. Sure we can use a #1 WR, but trading the farm and giving Boldin huge $$ probably isn't the best route. Better to have a coach and QB on the same page and develop a draft pick or add a normal FA. Hell, Clowney or Keller may be ready to provide some gamebreaking in '09.

He isnt going anywhere.

This year, you're probably right. But there is absolutely 0% chance Anquan plays in Arizona past 2009. They've got Fitzy tied up for $10 mil per year (even though he deserves $50 mil per year,) they have to pay Darnell Docket, Karlos Dansby and Adrian Wilson. Can't keep all four of those guys and with $10 mil going to one receiver and Steve Breaston emerging in Boldin's absence, Anquan is all but moving on.

Pretty comprehensive but IMO comparing the Giants offense to the Jets is a farce.

1. The Jets running game is in no way comparable to the Giants. They had two guys go over 1,000 yards. TJ had a very good year, but don't get too excited because he won the AFC rushing title. I think that only took 1300 yards.

Can't argue with this too much, but it is at least comparable with the Giants being superior. They were #1 in the NFL in rushing yards per game, we were 9th. So both were top 10.

2. The Jets WRs are better than that Giants WRs-Plaxico. OTOH, the Jets WRs are better because they run smart routes and catch the ball. Hixon, Smith and Sinorice Moss are all over the map. Sure Hixon is wide open, the guy is a rocket, but he doesn't generally adjust well to the ball and drops 'em. They (except Toomer) are more comparable to Clowney. Sure he'll get wide open, but do you want him out there when you are trying to convert 3 and 6? I'd stick with Coles and Cotch.

I'm agreeing that the Jets WRs are better than the Giants WRs. That was the entire jist of my post. That Schotty, with superior talent, couldn't do what Gilbride does with the Giants and what other teams do with their lesser talent.

3. Sure Bruce was running wide open. That OC was Mike Martz. Nobody denies he's able to get people open. He gets QBs killed and had turnovers. The 49ers fumbled 5 times.

Again, you're missing the point. By complimenting Martz for being able to get a bum WR wide open for easy gains is exactly what I want you to do.

4. It's not exactly fair to compare what people did against the Jets D to the rest of the league. First of all, the Jets D just got the coach fired despite having a 9-7 record and a QB that **** his adult diaper the last 5 weeks. It is also VERY slow, has LBs and a S that CAN'T cover and very poor #2 and #3 CBs. Sure people run open. Big shock. Our 270 lb LBs can't cover ground.

Ok, if you think this dispells the notion of my post it doesn't. It strengthens it. You're saying that other Offensive Coordinators shouldn't get praised for getting WRs open vs. our sh*tty defense, right? Well lets look at the teams Schottenheimer coached agains this season:

Kansas City (2-14), St. Louis (2-14), Seattle (4-12), Cincinnati (4-11-1), Oakland (5-11), San Francisco (7-9), Buffalo x2 (7-9), etc.

Why wasn't Schotty able to design plays to get wide open receivers against competition like this? I don't know .... maybe because he SUCKS! So again, you're strengthening my points by saying it should be easy vs. weak defenses.

5. I watched the Giants and you can keep Gilbride. If he were here you'd be crucifying him.

I watched them every week also and I 100% stand on what I said earlier. Gilbride >>>>>>>>>>> Schotty. Gilbride will be a head coach in the NFL within 2-3 years. Schotty will not be.

OTOH, I agree completely with your response to the thread. Sure we can use a #1 WR, but trading the farm and giving Boldin huge $$ probably isn't the best route. Better to have a coach and QB on the same page and develop a draft pick or add a normal FA. Hell, Clowney or Keller may be ready to provide some gamebreaking in '09.

We agree here.

I respect your thoughts but my replies to them are in bold above.

I respect your thoughts but my replies to them are in bold above.

Ah respectful? Okay, I'll try to be respectful too...

Your posts are in bold, mine normal. This is a PITA by the way. :P

I'm agreeing that the Jets WRs are better than the Giants WRs. That was the entire jist of my post. That Schotty, with superior talent, couldn't do what Gilbride does with the Giants and what other teams do with their lesser talent.

We agree that the Jets receivers are better. The gist of you post is that Gilbride does more with less, but he doesn't. IIRC, those guys don't have better stats and that's all that counts. Sure they get wide open. If Usain Bolt were playing WR he'd be wide open too, but he wouldn't produce like Coles. The point of an offense is to score points and move the chains. Wide open drops/misses mean nothing to me.

Again, you're missing the point. By complimenting Martz for being able to get a bum WR wide open for easy gains is exactly what I want you to do.

No, I'm not missing your point, you're missing mine. Bruce is old, but not exactly a "bum". Martz O always gets guys open, but it turns the ball over and gets guys killed. Bruce was open, but the Niners fumbled 5 times and were intercepted once. That is a reason why sane OCs don't run Martz's O and why nobody is snatching him up now.

Ok, if you think this dispells the notion of my post it doesn't. It strengthens it. You're saying that other Offensive Coordinators shouldn't get praised for getting WRs open vs. our sh*tty defense, right? Well lets look at the teams Schottenheimer coached agains this season:

Kansas City (2-14), St. Louis (2-14), Seattle (4-12), Cincinnati (4-11-1), Oakland (5-11), San Francisco (7-9), Buffalo x2 (7-9), etc.

I responded to this in your other post. You are simply wrong if you think that the Jets schedule was so weak. They scored more points than the other teams average allowed 10 times and less 6. How'd he do against the #2 D in the NFL? The #8?

Why wasn't Schotty able to design plays to get wide open receivers against competition like this? I don't know .... maybe because he SUCKS! So again, you're strengthening my points by saying it should be easy vs. weak defenses.

I am not arguing that he should be the head coach or even OC. I am saying that you shouldn't be saying "he SUCKS!" He doesn't. Zealotry is the enemy of reason.

I watched them every week also and I 100% stand on what I said earlier. Gilbride >>>>>>>>>>> Schotty. Gilbride will be a head coach in the NFL within 2-3 years. Schotty will not be.

I disagree about Gilbride, but that's fine. I don't care what he does as long as he doesn't come here.

Archived