Jets no interest in Gruden - Newsday

slowmoe57

This is good, but im more convinced the JETS have no fukking clue what they want in a coach. Other teams have found coaches already, why the hell do we still have a revolving door of probably candidates. It's annoying now, either hire Spags or stfu.

This is good, but im more convinced the JETS have no fukking clue what they want in a coach. Other teams have found coaches already, why the hell do we still have a revolving door of probably candidates. It's annoying now, either hire Spags or stfu.

Maybe it's because they know exactly who they want, but they are not allowed to hire him until his team is eliminated from the playoffs. If so, then maybe they do have a clue.

how can you say that?? you can sign Ryan til they lose

How?

Because the Jets already have a handshake agreement with Rex Ryan.

You think Rex is going to interview with another team now?

I don't care who the heck Rex Ryan is going to interview between now and the Ravens losing.

At the very least, you interview him and pick his brain.

I don't care who the heck Rex Ryan is going to interview between now and the Ravens losing.

IF however the Jets do have a handshake agreement with Ryan (I'm not sure if they do or not) then you could very wll jeopradise the whole situation.

If the Jets have their guy, they need to stick with him.

IF however the Jets do have a handshake agreement with Ryan (I'm not sure if they do or not) then you could very wll jeopradise the whole situation.

+1. And I think it's highly likely they have a mutual agreement. They've alluded to as such in the Jets publicly declaring they are willing to wait for Ryan and Ryan saying the Jets job is very ideal for him.

Also, it makes no sense why they immediately dismiss Gruden as a candidate otherwise if they didn't have such an agreement.

Exactly! Why is this so hard to understand by some people?

If the Jets have an agreement with Rex (which I believe they do), they're not going to chance losing Ryan because of a flirtation with the idea that Gruden may be interested.

Rex is the man. You can't officially offer the job to someone whose season is still going. Its against the rules. We aren't the patriots here. :)

Pick his brain? You're talking about the coach of the one team who suffered a worse collapse than the Jets. Why the hell would you fire Mangini for doing that and then replace him with a guy who did the same thing?

They obviously want Rex Ryan, but it's kind of hard to hire somebody whose team is still playing.

Pick his brain? You're talking about the coach of the one team who suffered a worse collapse than the Jets. Why the hell would you fire Mangini for doing that and then replace him with a guy who did the same thing?

_39597125_gruden300.jpg

Here's a good reason. (he's won a super bowl)

To pick his brain. The guy has a pretty darn good offensive mind..

I'd personally prefer Gruden to Ryan, but even if you have your man... interview him it CAN'T hurt.

Sure it can... If they told Ryan he is their guy... sign when his team is done... then go out and interview an established HC candidate... Ryan will keep checking other options just in case and might not come at all...

If Gruden was such a brilliant offensive mind why was the offense always the Bucs weak spot? Hell look what Shotty did with Barlow and Pennington... by your reasoning he is better than Gruden...

Sure it can... If they told Ryan he is their guy... sign when his team is done... then go out and interview an established HC candidate... Ryan will keep checking other options just in case and might not come at all...

If Gruden was such a brilliant offensive mind why was the offense always the Bucs weak spot? Hell look what Shotty did with Barlow and Pennington... by your reasoning he is better than Gruden...

Ryan's options are the Raiders or us. With what the Raiders did to his brother, his options are US or be the DC of Baltimore again.

Schottenheimer did more with Pennington/Barlow? I don't think so. Look back at Gruden's track record.

Ryan's options are the Raiders or us. With what the Raiders did to his brother, his options are US or be the DC of Baltimore again.

Schottenheimer did more with Pennington/Barlow? I don't think so. Look back at Gruden's track record.

OK Dungy was a "defensive" coach and Gruden was an "offensive" coach who you think is worth a brain picking based on his abilities...

Shall we interview Dungy to talk about offensive plans too?

Bucs offense ranking with Dungy (30th his first year and left Gruden with an improved O and a great D, also had a better O than Gruden ever did...)

96' - 30th

97' - 23rd

98' - 18th

99' - 27th

00' - 6th

01' - 15th

Bucs offense ranking with Gruden (his worst is worse than Dungy and his best is 12 spots worse than Dungy)

02' - 18th

03' - 18th

04' - 23rd

05' - 20th

06' - 31st

07' - 18th

08' - 19th

He is an offensive MASTERMIND! By comparasin Shotty led the JETS to the 18th best O with Penny and Barlow... thats why I mentinoed that...

OK Dungy was a "defensive" coach and Gruden was an "offensive" coach who you think is worth a brain picking based on his abilities...

Shall we interview Dungy to talk about offensive plans too?

Bucs offense ranking with Dungy (30th his first year and left Gruden with an improved O and a great D, also had a better O than Gruden ever did...)

96' - 30th

97' - 23rd

98' - 18th

99' - 27th

00' - 6th

01' - 15th

Bucs offense ranking with Gruden (his worst is worse than Dungy and his best is 12 spots worse than Dungy)

02' - 18th

03' - 18th

04' - 23rd

05' - 20th

06' - 31st

07' - 18th

08' - 19th

He is an offensive MASTERMIND! By comparasin Shotty led the JETS to the 18th best O with Penny and Barlow... thats why I mentinoed that...

Talent has a lot to do with it my friend.. Tampa doesn't have it, and Gruden wasn't the GM.

Now if you are going to judge offenses by STATS then we may as well not discuss things because they are meaningless. Look how much TB has tied up in cap space on D.....

Rex Ryan is a good choice. I don't question that, but I'd like to consider gruden.

Archived