Dolphins have been sold.

Jetkid94

Why on Earth would you warn me about anything. Like you really care about my well being. All you're trying to do is look like you know what you're talking about.

Yes, I'm aware of what Ross is. I never said I liked him... As long as Parcells stays and the ticket prices stay the same and we don't have PSL's, I will remain indifferent to him.

thats alot of if's

and I, like everyone else that has warned you, do know what we are talking about from experience...enjoy the next 3 months, thats when your world will begin to crumble

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we will see in 30 days. If Parcells is still the President, congratulations. If not, we told you so.

However, speaking from a pure business stand point (regardless of what industry you work in):

1) If you had a chance to make a large sum of money (in this case $9 million) by working for 3 years

OR

2) You had a small window to earn that exact same chunk of change by taking that option within that 30 day window. This would also allow you to go to another company and earn even more money or stay with that same company and earn the re-negotiated compensation (all the while still keeping the money of the originally negotiated contract).

Which would you choose? Not one person here (Dolphin fan, Jet fan, or Patriot fan) that isn't on drugs can tell me with a straight face that they wouldn't opt out under these circumstances.

Hahahahahahaha.... Eat this Jets fans...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-0120dolphinsparcells,0,5761844.story

New Dolphins owner says Parcells is staying put

Ross put those rumors to rest in a 4 p.m. conference call.

"He's the greatest football mind in America. I'm very happy to have him, needless to say,'' Ross said. "Everyone's expressed all the concerns, is he leaving or isn't he? … He's staying and I'm fortunate to have him and I think Miami is fortunate to have him.''

Ross didn't indicate whether Parcells and he are re-negotiating his deal or if Parcells wants the escape clause in place for another year. Parcells has turned down all interview requests, however, his presence at the Senior Bowl in Mobile this week speaks volumes about his interest in completing the task at hand as far as stockpiling the Dolphins with young talent so that they could build off a remarkable 2008 season in which they went from 1-15 to 11-5 and captured the AFC East title.

That $12 million opt-out clause that Parcells has just shows how brilliant he is when it comes to looking out for himself.

Things will get very interesting when the Dolphins sale becomes final. It will be 30 days of fin fans claiming that Parcells will stay and the rest of us just sitting back and watching.

Agreed, I found this part interesting also. The next 30 days should be interesting indeed.

Why on Earth would you warn me about anything. Like you really care about my well being. All you're trying to do is look like you know what you're talking about.

Yes, I'm aware of what Ross is. I never said I liked him... As long as Parcells stays and the ticket prices stay the same and we don't have PSL's, I will remain indifferent to him.

LOL

Sporting News just published a article that says this aint over yet

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=509417

What I find telling is that no where in the article did Florio mention the fact that Parcells has been at the senior bowl the last 3 days scouting players for the Dolphins with Sparano and Ireland.

The only issue in this whole deal is, what Ross will be like as an owner. Parcells is using the next 30 days to see if he'll be like Jerry Jones (god help us) or if he'll be hands off like Wayne was. As of right now though, it looks like he's here to stay.

What I find telling is that no where in the article did Florio mention the fact that Parcells has been at the senior bowl the last 3 days scouting players for the Dolphins with Sparano and Ireland.

The only issue in this whole deal is, what Ross will be like as an owner. Parcells is using the next 30 days to see if he'll be like Jerry Jones (god help us) or if he'll be hands off like Wayne was. As of right now though, it looks like he's here to stay.

I read somewhere yesterday that the Senior Bowl thing could actually mean the opposite. My initial interpretation was the same as yours, but apparently with so many NFL people down there, it also serves as a giant Job Fair. Makes sense too...

Keep telling yourself that. Then, on Feb 19th when Parcells holds a press conference announcing his decision to leave, you'll be extra pissed.

Not world beaters...just AFC EAST CHAMPIONS. We got some work to do to get where we need to be...good start though

Dolphin "fans"...celebrating losing since..well...forever.

Congrats, you played one week beyond us. Enjoy the higher draft pick. At the end of the day the two teams, along with 29 others will all be in the same boat.

Dolphin "fans"...celebrating losing since..well...forever.

Congrats, you played one week beyond us. Enjoy the higher draft pick. At the end of the day the two teams, along with 29 others will all be in the same boat.

No were not in the same boat my team was the best in the AFC EAST and won the division and your team finished 3rd in the division and got your crappy coach fired while my coach was competing for COTY....hardly the same boat.

No were not in the same boat my team was the best in the AFC EAST and won the division and your team finished 3rd in the division and got your crappy coach fired while my coach was competing for COTY....hardly the same boat.

And your "crappy" HC from last year was the OC on the team that kicked your ass in the playoffs...what else you got?

dude you won on a tie-breaker with an easy schedule and then got completely embarassed by the ravens as you were one and done in the play-offs. i know it felt good after the pathetic 1-15 season...but it's nothing to be beating your chest about. can't wait till next year as noodle arm will let you guys down once again.....

lol...i know you guys wish parcells would leave Miami already. I would be hating life too if a brilliant football mind was turning the Jets into a SB contending franchise right now...but thats not the case. ol' billy boy is finishing out the job here and will cement his legacy after obtaining a SB victory for us as THE GREATEST FOOTBALL MIND EVER.

dude you won on a tie-breaker with an easy schedule and then got completely embarassed by the ravens as you were one and done in the play-offs. i know it felt good after the pathetic 1-15 season...but it's nothing to be beating your chest about. can't wait till next year as noodle arm will let you guys down once again.....

I can't wait till next year too man!!!!:cheers:

lol...i know you guys wish parcells would leave Miami already. I would be hating life too if a brilliant football mind was turning the Jets into a SB contending franchise right now...but thats not the case. ol' billy boy is finishing out the job here and will cement his legacy after obtaining a SB victory for us as THE GREATEST FOOTBALL MIND EVER.

I don't want him. What the hell has Parcells won since he left the Giants? Get off the crack dude, he's not winning with you guys either.

Show where where since the Giants that Parcells has 'stuck around'

:rl:

He hasn't come anywhere near a Super Bowl since Belichick left.

yea your right...1-15 before parcells and 11-5 after parcells your theory so far is dead...he is winning with us.

"Winning" what?

The Jets "won" with Herm. The Jets "won" with Mangini.

What exactly is Parcells "winning" with the Fins?

You had 1 good season in a decade. Throw a parade for the Fins. Let's see what happens with your 1st place schedule and the wildcat being a 1-hit-wonder.

"Winning" what?

You had 1 good season in a decade. Throw a parade for the Fins. Let's see what happens with your 1st place schedule and the wildcat being a 1-hit-wonder.

ROFL! Thats what 'winning' means to Dolphags.

"Winning" what?

it's useless these guys are delusional. 10 times worse than any jets fan penningtologists i've ever seen.

"Winning" what?

You make it seem liek the "wildcat" was sole procurring cause of our turnaround when it was merely used at certain spots in the game and did work quite well when we uses it. Sorry your coaching staff isn't innovated enough to try something like the "wild cat" With another draft under our belt as well as some FA moves this team will only get better...than you will see the complete package of coaching and talent together to bring our franchise to the next level.

"Winning" what?

You are so wrong.

In the last ten years we finished with a losing record only 3 times...

07' 1-15

06' 6-10

04' 4-12

That's it, other than that each year we've had a winning record.

You make it seem liek the "wildcat" was sole procurring cause of our turnaround when it was merely used at certain spots in the game and did work quite well when we uses it. Sorry your coaching staff isn't innovated enough to try something like the "wild cat" With another draft under our belt as well as some FA moves this team will only get better...than you will see the complete package of coaching and talent together to bring our franchise to the next level.

If you knew anything, we ran the 'wildcat' a few times when Mangini was here.....guess who was the QB? Its nothing but a gimmick that might work a few times, but to base your hole offense on it is a shame. It means you guys can't line up and beat them. Its great to see that your in LOVE with your HC, because the moment you guys are on a losing streak, most of you guys will be calling for his head. Better hope the sophmore slump doesn't hit your "innovate' coach.

Good luck.

If you knew anything, we ran the 'wildcat' a few times when Mangini was here.....guess who was the QB? Its nothing but a gimmick that might work a few times, but to base your hole offense on it is a shame. It means you guys can't line up and beat them. Its great to see that your in LOVE with your HC, because the moment you guys are on a losing streak, most of you guys will be calling for his head. Better hope the sophmore slump doesn't hit your "innovate' coach.

Good luck.

Whatever :rolleyes:

Archived