Anyone buying a PSL?

Hofstra Jet

this is what i didnt want to happen to this thread.. there are plenty of threads for this stuff to go on.. i just want this one to be strictly for ppl buying them.. dot want it to get out of control with 11 pages and i have to sift through

My bad. The mezz section, was that the $4,000 PSL purchase and $120 per game?? I was thinking of doing that one if i end up in NYC for grad school. But most likely I will not have the money and just try to get a ticket offline on the offchance that I do get a free weekend without some insane amount of school work.

yea, behind the endzone.. 120 a game 4k psl.. i dot think its that bad.. since i sit in 320 now, similiar seats just lower i guess

Not bad, but I have to see what kind of funding that I get for grad school and whatnot before I can make a purchase like this. I will probably think it over and not do it, considering I will be so overloaded with work. However, if i were to get one it would definitely be this one.

what you mean you are waiting it out?

With the downturn of the economy in the state as it is in, I'm waiting to see if the Jets are going to make any adjustments to their pricing.The Coaches Club auction was a failure so I don't expect PSL's selling great in the beginning. A buddy of mine is a Giants season ticket holder and he has told me that the Giants are not getting the response that they expected. I can only imagine how great of a start the Jets will have trying to sell during these rough times.

yea, behind the endzone.. 120 a game 4k psl.. i dot think its that bad.. since i sit in 320 now, similiar seats just lower i guess

Hofstra those are the ones that I wanted as well. Today I am not feeling good about my chances. Suzie Orman is in my way.

I think a more interesting thing is how to you pick your choices.

I assume most everyone is going to pick the upper level as choice 1/2 (and maybe three) and that was what I was thinking of doing, but putting the end mezz as my #3 just in case there were no non-psl seats left.

I want the option to buy, even I don't end up buying them.

BZ

My buddies and I declined. I have the money, but I'm also having my first kid in 53 days, I'm buying a house, just signed up for a bunch of different life insurance plans, will be taking a loss on the sale of my condo, etc.

Just terrible timing for the PSLs to come around for me personally.

So let's see $4,000 for the psl over 20 years ( the current stadium's life span) is $200 per year divided by 10 games per year is $20 per game assuming you never sell the psl and the value goes to zero - a few more dollars per ticket over the life - not a cathartic event huh.

Dude you're so horrible at your job it's embarassing. Here, let me do a quick google for you to help.

Participate in Forums

Forums a.k.a. "message boards" can bring additional hits in a couple of different ways:

1) Many forum administrators will allow you to add a signature to all your posts. The more you participate, the more your link will be displayed throughout the forum pages.

2) Some forums are indexed by the search engines so if your site is found by the search engine spiders then it may help your rank in some of the search engines.

Try to participate in user forums that relate to your site's theme. If your site is about knitting, then try to find forums that cater to arts and crafts, etc.

Post as many helpful messages as you can. If you build up a reputation as a forum member that people can go to for guidance, it will enhance your credibility and people may be more inclined to visit your site.

You've completely missed this step. You're supposed to build a reputation first, then you sell your product- otherwise you just look like a douchey.

So let's see $4,000 for the psl over 20 years ( the current stadium's life span) is $200 per year divided by 10 games per year is $20 per game assuming you never sell the psl and the value goes to zero - a few more dollars per ticket over the life - not a cathartic event huh.

WOW that is great. I didn't know they were offering interest free financing for 20 years. I would sign up for that in a second. Please send me a link where I can get that option, I didn't see it on the Jets Stadium site.

This is awesome news. Interest free financing, I am very happy.

With the downturn of the economy in the state as it is in, I'm waiting to see if the Jets are going to make any adjustments to their pricing.The Coaches Club auction was a failure so I don't expect PSL's selling great in the beginning. A buddy of mine is a Giants season ticket holder and he has told me that the Giants are not getting the response that they expected. I can only imagine how great of a start the Jets will have trying to sell during these rough times.

Well 1) I do know that the giants are offering deals substantially below the prices they are publishing. and 2) they already have come down and adjusted with the coaches club. A lot of those coaches club seats that were supposed to be sold at auction are now available to purchase outside of auction. The auction was an abject failure and the economy is a lot scarier now than it was then.

Well 1) I do know that the giants are offering deals substantially below the prices they are publishing. and 2) they already have come down and adjusted with the coaches club. A lot of those coaches club seats that were supposed to be sold at auction are now available to purchase outside of auction. The auction was an abject failure and the economy is a lot scarier now than it was then.

So what is your point exactly? :-P

Well,

1)the jets are not letting you pay over 20 years, just up front, 5 year, and 15 year.

2) the jets are not doing this interest free.

So first lets take the 15 year interest payment and plug it in. I will do this for one seat, but as most people will have 2 or 4 seats, they will need to multiply that number by 2 or 4 or however many seats they want.

4,000 seat

20 percent up front of 800, plus 15 annual payments of 374 totaling 5,610 equals 6410 which spread out over 20 years is 32.05, or 152.05 for a seat in the mezz endzone. Why not just dump the psl and charge me that much per ticket?

Oh, and as for the psl just being a few more dollars per ticket and not a cathartic event, let's see what plunking down a psl really costs by figuring out what a viable alternative is. If you were to instead take 4,000 and invest it at 4.5% annually and just reinvest, at the end of the 20 year timeline you use, you would have 9,647.00, well over twice what you started with. So that "few dollars a ticket" you mention is really 5,647.00 in unrealized income.

Oh, and you are a douche bag too.

Archived