Michael Phelps, caught smoking pot

BroadwayJ667

first off, who doesn't have a camera phone? second off, who doesn't smoke with friends?

He's actually got a great point. Bottom line is that by now, the fact that he'd even think about doing sh-t like this around anyone but his closest friends is ridiculous. Celebrities of his stature should know better, especially someone who's been in the spotlight as long as he's been. Someone's always going to have a camera phone.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's actually got a great point. Bottom line is that by now, the fact that he'd even think about doing sh-t like this around anyone but his closest friends is ridiculous. Celebrities of his stature should know better, especially someone who's been in the spotlight as long as he's been. Someone's always going to have a camera phone.

phelps was dumb for doing that in front of everyone while they're taking pictures and stuff...

not saying he's dumb for hitting the bong in general though.

Thats hot for serious.

This should be the new smokers thread...just cause Mike Phelps just made himself the most famous smoker of the year.

Also, driving high isn't dangerous. Nothing wrong with an El ride. Now that liquor and driving phenomenom...

hahaha i always catch myself driving 5 mph under the speed limit when im zooted..lol but when i drink on the other hand im flying around town like a mad man.. drinking and driving is REALLY bad but when you smoke and drive your calm cool and a law biting citizen :D

Ah, I was young and stupid once too.

Princess, we all have pictures of ourselves doing illegal subtances - it's funny, I guess.....not as cool as you think it is.....but that light switch will be turned on in a few years......thing is, with youtube, google searches, facebook, myspace, etc......this world have become so intrusive....and everything is so readily available. Well, I guess what I am saying is that who knows if that Grad School you want to get into denies your application because of a silly picture or two? How 'bout that top Ad firm in New York you want to work for? Nope. They found 'em too. You may not think it's fair - and it probably isn't - but it's the world we live in now. Of course I'm brininging up extreme possibilities - but it's a possibility! You know?

Oh, and whomever says that toking and driving is not dangerous is - um - high.

phelps was dumb for doing that in front of everyone while they're taking pictures and stuff...

That's really it in a nutshell.

He wants to hit the bong, so be it. But he's an absolute idiot for doing it in front of everyone. And it was in front of "everyone" as it was at a party.

By the way, the "criminal charges" is bogus. They can't charge him because there is no evidence. A 7 month old photo of him taking a toke is not actual evidence of marijuana possesion because the cops need proof marijuana was in the bong. Also, the only charges mentioned is possession of marijuana and drug pariphinalia. There needs to be an exercise of ownership (even momentarily) for there to be a crime. That's why cops ususally charge people with such only when they actually have it on them. The cops can't prove possession. The cops put this out there for publicity sake.

Really?

You know this how?

Cause you and your 5 friends dont?

Don't act like your a pro on the topic... you have absolutely no idea how many of the millions of pot smokers drive while high... but since we are going down that path... I remember meeting up with half my freakin senior class at least a couple times a week at wendys stoned out of our minds and heading to the mall then a party... so that most mean people usually are driving I guess...

That's what my experiences have been yeah. And stoned driving ain't as bad as drunk driving.

So are you planning on getting off your soap box anytime soon or do you have reservations for it for a while?

Time out. You start by saying that anyone who smokes or has smoked weed is a "total moron" and now you admit that you smoked.

So, are you coming out of the closet as a "total moron?"

For the record, I know a ton of extremely successful people who not only have smoked pot but many who still smoke on a nearly daily basis.

Ummm, check the above. I used to smoke Marlboros....which are legally available at any 7-11 or other store, but is STILL a stupid habit.

But way to go "Catching me". You potheads are truly geniuses.

The cops put this out there for publicity sake.

"The cops". egads

Britains "News of the World" put that photo out there...

Dumb-azz Phelps admitted it was him doing a bong hit.:confused:

The police in Richland County stated they would conduct an investigation, most likely in response to press inquiries, but they know the reality it is just as you said: They cannot prove a thing.

What are they supposed to say?

BTW, I dont condemn this kid for anything more than being silly enough to do that in the age of cell phone cameras.

first off, who doesn't have a camera phone? second off, who doesn't smoke with friends?

Obviously they arent his "FRIENDS" if they took a pic mid toke and sold it to the tabloids.

Is this post a joke? You type this to me and then go on to type this:

Clearly you're off your meds if you dont realize we said virtually the same thing

Obviously they arent his "FRIENDS" if they took a pic mid toke and sold it to the tabloids.

Is this post a joke? You type this to me and then go on to type this:

Clearly you're off your meds if you dont realize we said virtually the same thing

i didn't say virtually the same thing. i said, who doesn't have a camera phone and who doesn't smoke around friends?

if everyone was taking pics and stuff, phelps shouldn't have done it, because of what happened. thats what i said. i don't think he's dumb for smoking pot...i think he should have kept an eye out though for the cameras.

"The cops". egads

Britains "News of the World" put that photo out there...

Dumb-azz Phelps admitted it was him doing a bong hit.:confused:

No, 32, I didn't say the cops put the photo out there. I said the cops put out the news that they are investigating it. That's a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Surprised you of all people would misunderstand what I wrote. Or did I fail to make it clear?

And, Phelps did not admit he was using marijuana. Read the quote again. It's an apology without an admission. It's similar to what Jason Giambi did with his public apology.

Cigarettes, retard. Cigarettes.

Ummm, check the above. I used to smoke Marlboros....which are legally available at any 7-11 or other store, but is STILL a stupid habit.

But way to go "Catching me". You potheads are truly geniuses.

Right, because this thread is about smoking cigarettes. :rolleyes:

As for me, for the record, I USED to smoke, but I quit because it was a stupid habit to pick up...but thats the Army for you.

LOL!!! The Army made you quite smoking cigarettes!

I know you think all stoners are morons, but we are the best at picking up on someone backtracking because they were pwned on the interwebz.

What a D-bag you are!

No, 32, I didn't say the cops put the photo out there. I said the cops put out the news that they are investigating it. That's a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Surprised you of all people would misunderstand what I wrote. Or did I fail to make it clear?

And, Phelps did not admit he was using marijuana. Read the quote again. It's an apology without an admission. It's similar to what Jason Giambi did with his public apology.

Lol, ok.

You said "the cops put this out there for publicity sake."

After the story broke, the cops were confronted with this horrible evidence by the media, lol, and had to make some sort of public statement. They cant and wont arrest him for anything. But they also cannot appear to condone this horrific crime, so they stated they "are investigating it".

I hardly think they were the ones looking for publicity here.

And yes, you are correct that he pulled a Giambi, my mistake!:D

I never judged people. I followed the orders of the JI commandant.

I couldn't honestly care less if people want to be jerkoffs on the interweb. I mean, take me for example.

lol, it is very silly, this stuff.;)

I just feel honored to be sharing your interwebz brilliance this evening.

I see what you are doing there.:mad0259:

Right, because this thread is about smoking cigarettes. :rolleyes:

LOL!!! The Army made you quite smoking cigarettes!

I know you think all stoners are morons, but we are the best at picking up on someone backtracking because they were pwned on the interwebz.

What a D-bag you are!

Wow, you have the reading comprehension of a...well, a stoner. YOU asked me if I had NO bad habits, and I simply stated that yes, I used to smoke, until I decided to quit a stupid habit, and that I like a drink now and again.

First off, only a stoner would automatically equate "smoking" with weed.

Also, it was in the Army that I PICKED UP the bad habit of smoking.

But keep misinterpreting what I write for your own purposes. I honestly couldn't care less what some Pot-Head thinks of me.

Enjoy!

Wow, you have the reading comprehension of a...well, a stoner. YOU asked me if I had NO bad habits, and I simply stated that yes, I used to smoke, until I decided to quit a stupid habit, and that I like a drink now and again.

First off, only a stoner would automatically equate "smoking" with weed.

Also, it was in the Army that I PICKED UP the bad habit of smoking.

But keep misinterpreting what I write for your own purposes. I honestly couldn't care less what some Pot-Head thinks of me.

Enjoy!

So, did you pick up being a judgemental co*kface in the army also?

nope that was his 3 months of EMT training and his 6 months of Medic school that did that to him..

Hmm, 9 month gestation period to produce a baby, 9 month gestation period to produce a co*kface. That just can't be a coincidence, can it? I'll have to think about that after I blaze up after work, to really explore the profundity of this phenomenon.

Archived