Mangini already disliked in Cleveland

ZachEY

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep...Mangini that c*cksucker...only 2 winning seasons out of 3...and 0 Super Bows in that time span...he's no Bill Walsh or Chuck Noll I'll tell you that much...and he's certainly no Bill Cowher.

And he still has a career losing record.

That 2 out of 3 winning seasons argument is such a bull**** claim supporting the notion he is a good HC.

After going 10-6, Mangini went 13-20.

And for his career he had only 1 good 8 game stretch (7-1) and in the remaining 41 games of his career he went a woeful 16-25 (.390).

That 2 out of 3 winning seasons argument is such a bull**** claim supporting the notion he is a good HC.

And for his career he had only 1 good 8 game stretch (7-1) and in the remaining 41 games of his career he went a woeful 16-25 (.390).

You realize these are the pitches we're trying to get Klecko to lay off of.

Bring him back!!!

Mangini is a good HC in the same way Chad is a good QB. A good first year, followed by a whole lot of mediocrity with the insistence that the first year was the rule and every year since the exception.

Bill Walsh - 21-27

Chuck Noll - 12-30

That's really all I have to say. I really have no idea why you are so sure of endings to stories that just started. It's just a mine is bigger than yours contest from there.

Bill Walsh - 21-27

Chuck Noll - 12-30

That's really all I have to say. I really have no idea why you are so sure of endings to stories that just started. It's just a mine is bigger than yours contest from there.

Were they bumbling idiots whose players came out and admitted they made ZERO adjustments?

Comparing them to Magini is like having a Special Olympics VS Olympics

Bill Walsh - 21-27

Chuck Noll - 12-30

LOL. So you're trying to say that every head coach who starts off like **** at the beginning of their coaching careers is destined to be the next Walsh or Noll? Is it possible that they were the exception to the rule and perhaps, just perhaps, you need to be able to objectively analyze the situation and come to conclusions based on facts with more depth than simply a coaches record? Can you give us a thorough analysis of how Walsh and Noll showed significant signs of regression over the first three years of their coaching careers? If so, then by all means please educate us.

LOL. So you're trying to say that every head coach who starts off like **** at the beginning of their coaching careers is destined to be the next Walsh or Noll? Is it possible that they were the exception to the rule and perhaps, just perhaps, you need to be able to objectively analyze the situation and come to conclusions based on facts with more depth than simply a coaches record? Can you give us a thorough analysis of how Walsh and Noll showed significant signs of regression over the first three years of their coaching careers? If so, then by all means please educate us.

There is no logic... he is just hoping to be right so he can say i told you so... lots of people tried it with Herm... and failed...

meh....

the jury is still out on Mangini...

to me, a coach has to screw up in two different places to be a failure..not just one

I mean...wouldn't Pete Carroll be considered a failure than to many of you?

A coach has to show zero improvement from job to job...

if after two seasons it is obvious Mangini doesn't have what it takes, then you guys are right...but to make those claims now is just bitterness on the part of Jet fans who may have bought the hype when he was hired.

Bill Walsh - 21-27

Chuck Noll - 12-30

That's really all I have to say.

And you haven't said a damn thing because you're being ridiculous if you think those 2 HOF coaches are a basis to say that Mangini is anything other than a bad HC.

Let me just show you how ridiculous your argument is. With your 2 HOFers, I'll list 14 failed coaches who have comparable records to Mangini:

Eric Mangini - 23-25

Herm Edwards - 25-23

Dick Jauron - 24-24

Dave Wannstedt - 25-23

Joe Walton - 25-23

Jim Haslett - 26-22

Mike Tice - 23-25

Jim Fassel - 25-22-1

Rich Kotite - 29-19

Art Shell - 28-16

Sam Rutiglano - 28-20

Marvin Lewis - 27-21

Ray Malavasi - 25-19

Roger Meyer - 21-15

Wally Lemm - 22-14

I never really understood the hate for Mangini...

I actually thought he did a good job here.. Just lost the team down the stretch of this season. Eric inherited a 4-12 team.. Did anybody expect him to win a super bowl within 3 years with that team?

23-25 in three seasons with one playoff appearance isn't terrible...

Lets take a look at three other coaches that were hired in 2006 to compare..

Brad Childress 24-24 and 1 playoff appearance.. He also inherited a much more talented team, and has a HOF RB.

Dick Jauron-21-27 0 playoff appearances.. Very similar situation as Mangini when hired.. Has done a worse job, and still has his job

Gary Kubiak 22-26

And you haven't said a damn thing because you're being ridiculous if you think those 2 HOF coaches are a basis to say that Mangini is anything other than a bad HC.

Let me just show you how ridiculous you are. With your 2 HOFers, I'll list 14 failed coaches who have comparable records to Mangini:

Eric Mangini - 23-25

Herm Edwards - 25-23

Dick Jauron - 24-24

Dave Wannstedt - 25-23

Joe Walton - 25-23

Jim Haslett - 26-22

Mike Tice - 23-25

Jim Fassel - 25-22-1

Rich Kotite - 29-19

Art Shell - 28-16

Sam Rutiglano - 28-20

Marvin Lewis - 27-21

Ray Malavasi - 25-19

Roger Meyer - 21-15

Wally Lemm - 22-14

Jim Fassel coached in a Super Bowl.....I think the jury is still out on Marvin Lewis....he has had a lot of speed bumps...I don't think they can be called failures....

I really have no idea why you are so sure of endings to stories that just started.

I'm not trying to say anything but that this sh*tty ex coach of ours has given us one of the most talented rosters in Jets history to work with moving foward, and managed to win more games than he lost in 2 out of his 3 seasons.

Yet he sucks, and always will suck.

Uh huh.

*Waits to hear about adjustments not made and mind control games played by Mangini*

Jim Fassel coached in a Super Bowl.....I think the jury is still out on Marvin Lewis....he has had a lot of speed bumps...I don't think they can be called failures....

Marvin Lewis is a gigantic failure.

He apparently has naked pictures of Mike Brown's family.

Did anybody expect him to win a super bowl within 3 years with that team?

No, but once we got Favre, and Brady went down, the expectations for this season changed. Forget about all the big money FA's added.

There was no excuse to not win the division, and worse, there was no excuse to miss playoffs the way we did.

This season can be seen as nothing but a colossal failure.

Mangini is a bum and a failure. Period. He showed zero progression from New England to here (play calling duties pulled from him during his one failure of a season as Pats DC due to his lack of aggression and produces one of the worst defenses in the NFL over his 3 year run here due to our defensive's passivity). So after making zero adjustments or progression from New England to here, and then regressing from his first year here to his 2nd and 3rd, I'm supposed to believe that there is ANY REASON he is all the sudden going to "get it" with Cleveland?

Yeah, right. Young players and coaches who are developing at least show flashes of brilliance when they are young that prepare you for their potential stardom later. Mangini had one good 8 game run as SMC points out (7-1) and was a collosal failure other than that. However, if you take a closer look at that 8 game run here is what you'll find:

1. Beat the 2-14 Rams

2. Beat the 2-14 Chiefs where we almost lost AT HOME.

3. Beat the 4-11-1 Bengals where again, we almost lost AT HOME.

4. An actual loss to the 5-11 RAIDERS!

5. A victory against New England where we dominated them and should have run away with the game but Mangini curled into his turtle shell on defense and allowed the Pats to storm back with zero resistance and we had to luckily win what should have been a blow out in overtime.

6. A similar win vs. Arizona where we were winning 35-0 at halftime! 35-0!!!! Mangini curls into his shell in the 2nd half, ARZ storms back and we need a TD on our final drive with 5 minutes left to seal a game we led by 35 at the half.

7. A win vs. the 7-9 Buffalo Bills where Abram Elam saved Mangini's *ss after this bumbling idiot accepted a penalty on a 3rd down stop that ended Buffalo's drive just to push them back a few yards, allowed them to play 3rd down over, they get the first down, and are now in the red zone about to score a 4th quarter go-ahead TD vs. us with only 2:12 remaining when Elam returns an INT 92 yards to escape with a victory and save face for Mangini further hiding his idiocy to the national viewing public.

8. The only good win of the bunch @ Tennessee.

If THAT is the best run of his career, lord help the Browns.

Mangini is a bum and a failure. Period. He showed zero progression from New England to here (play calling duties pulled from him during his one failure of a season as Pats DC due to his lack of aggression and produces one of the worst defenses in the NFL over his 3 year run here due to our defensive's passivity). So after making zero adjustments or progression from New England to here, and then regressing from his first year here to his 2nd and 3rd, I'm supposed to believe that there is ANY REASON he is all the sudden going to "get it" with Cleveland?

Yeah, right. Young players and coaches who are developing at least show flashes of brilliance when they are young that prepare you for their potential stardom later. Mangini had one good 8 game run as SMC points out (7-1) and was a collosal failure other than that. However, if you take a closer look at that 8 game run here is what you'll find:

1. Beat the 2-14 Rams

5. A victory against New England where we dominated them and should have run away with the game but Mangini curled into his turtle shell on defense and allowed the Pats to storm back with zero resistance and we had to luckily win what should have been a blow out in overtime.

6. A similar win vs. Arizona where we were winning 35-0 at halftime! 35-0!!!! Mangini curls into his shell in the 2nd half, ARZ storms back and we need a TD on our final drive with 5 minutes left to seal a game we led by 35 at the half.

7. A win vs. the 7-9 Buffalo Bills where Abram Elam saved Mangini's *ss after this bumbling idiot accepted a penalty on a 3rd down stop that ended Buffalo's drive just to push them back a few yards, allowed them to play 3rd down over, they get the first down, and are now in the red zone about to score a 4th quarter go-ahead TD vs. us with only 2:12 remaining when Elam returns an INT 92 yards to escape with a victory and save face for Mangini further hiding his idiocy to the national viewing public.

That is a depressing post. Thanks for starting my morning off right.

Dick.

1. Beat the 2-14 Rams

Pretty much.

I forgot about Mangini accpeting that penalty against the Bills. That was embarrassing. Then, he got embarrassingly lucky.

I can't say the defense played one good game all season. They got very lucky against the Titans with dropped passes.

Let me just show you how ridiculous your argument is. With your 2 HOFers, I'll list 14 failed coaches who have comparable records to Mangini:

Eric Mangini - 23-25

Herm Edwards - 25-23

Dick Jauron - 24-24

Dave Wannstedt - 25-23

Joe Walton - 25-23

Jim Haslett - 26-22

Mike Tice - 23-25

Jim Fassel - 25-22-1

Rich Kotite - 29-19

Art Shell - 28-16

Sam Rutiglano - 28-20

Marvin Lewis - 27-21

Ray Malavasi - 25-19

*Roger Meyer - 21-15*

Wally Lemm - 22-14

The creator of Itchy & Scratchy was an NFL coach?

That is a depressing post. Thanks for starting my morning off right.

Dick.

Lol. Glad I could help?

On the bright side, he's gone and for a pick me up, Max started an inspirational words of wisdom thread in the Lounge. That plus realizing he's gone should be all you need to turn your day around.

1. Beat the 2-14 Rams

POTW nom

Archived