The market for Cassel

PatriotReign37

not for nothing but was this article written by a moron? To answer the question my guess will be the Chiefs..any team with huge cap space and in desperate need of a franchise qb has to be drooling over Cassell

Yeah but how much of an upgrade over Thigpen will Cassell be?

Yeah but how much of an upgrade over Thigpen will Cassell be?

Significant.

The real question is, how much better will a limited Brady be over Cassel?

The Patriots are gambling a little, but Brady is obviously on schedule. One article has said he has started to drop and throw passes. Whether true or not, that the Patriots slapped Cassel with the non-exclusive franchise player speaks volumes. If they thought Brady would not be ready he would have been exclusive and they would have started with a contract extension.

Significant.

The Patriots are gambling a little, but Brady is obviously on schedule. One article has said he has started to drop and throw passes. Whether true or not, that the Patriots slapped Cassel with the non-exclusive franchise player speaks volumes. If they thought Brady would not be ready he would have been exclusive and they would have started with a contract extension.

I have no doubt that Brady will play this year.

But, what will his mobility be like, and where will his confidence reside in the knee? Those are big questions.

There is no doubt it will be impossible for Brady to be what he was before, but how much will he give back?

Maybe in your drunken stupor he is. IN real life, where they actually play the game. Thigpen is at best a 2-3 project. He is not accurate and undisciplined.

Totally disagree. Had the situations been reversed I bet the results for both would have been comparable. How can you discount the situational differences from coaching (Belly v Herm????) to veteran leadership to overall talent, etc?

I think Thigpen played his way into a starting role next year. If Thigpen was a former first round draft pick a la Vince Young everyone would've been drooling over him.

Thigpen really struggled as a spot starter, but once Herm gave him the keys (after the game vs us), he shined.

Thigpen>Cassel...

Thigpen has a better arm, Thigpen doesn't take as many sacks, and the Cheifs offense was built around Thigpen in '08..

Cassel can move a bit too, but he isn't nearly as athletic as Thigpen. Cassel also took more sacks than any QB in the NFL this season, and showed limited ability to stetch the field.

I don't think any team is going to give the Patriots what they want for Matt Cassel. It's just too risky IMO..

I see Haley giving Thigpen a shot, I really do, but if Pioli wants Cassel he may convince him. We'll see. I doubt KC happens, I really do.

I think if Cassel goes anywhere it will be to Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco or Tampa Bay.

I see Haley giving Thigpen a shot, I really do, but if Pioli wants Cassel he may convince him. We'll see. I doubt KC happens, I really do.

Me too. In fact, I doubt it because I believe that Pioli will be a strong voice against the move.

I I don't think any team is going to give the Patriots what they want for Matt Cassel. It's just too risky IMO..

Someone probably will, but I wouldn't want it to be my team.

Looking at that list of FA QB's, I could imagine most of them performing at least as well as Cassel given the same circumstances - years to learn the system, Moss and Welker to throw to, Belichick tutoring him, a team that went 18-1* the previous year - with an even easier schedule in '08. J.P. Losman couldn't've won 11 games in that situation? C'mon.

I think someone'll pony up, and that someone'll be making a mistake. But it only takes one.

Totally disagree. Had the situations been reversed I bet the results for both would have been comparable. How can you discount the situational differences from coaching (Belly v Herm????) to veteran leadership to overall talent, etc?

I disagree. Shocker I know. ;)

Thigpen played in an option/spread offense in college. Cassel played...err practiced in a pro style at USC and then practiced and played in New England's offense for four years. Cassel is a much more polished QB then Thigpen. Thigpen is a diamond in the rough. I agree with 124 that he probably deserves a shot at being the guy.

I think Thigpen played his way into a starting role next year. If Thigpen was a former first round draft pick a la Vince Young everyone would've been drooling over him.

Thigpen really struggled as a spot starter, but once Herm gave him the keys (after the game vs us), he shined.

Thigpen>Cassel...

Thigpen has a better arm, Thigpen doesn't take as many sacks, and the Cheifs offense was built around Thigpen in '08..

Cassel can move a bit too, but he isn't nearly as athletic as Thigpen. Cassel also took more sacks than any QB in the NFL this season, and showed limited ability to stetch the field.

I don't think any team is going to give the Patriots what they want for Matt Cassel. It's just too risky IMO..

He is unpolished as a thrower. He has to get used to throwing under center.

add weis,crennel

Assante, Law

Agreed. What Thigpen accomplished with KC is twice as impressive IMO than Cassell.

Put Thigpen in that offense and he would have put up better numbers than Cassell.

Not operating under center.

Thigpen has progressed nicely, but he was only successful when they went to a Spread offense and operated out of the shotgun.

Even then he had Vince Young accuracy which is horrible.

The kid does have a bigger arm, but until he refines his skills a little bit. Cassel is the better QB.

Not operating under center.

Thigpen has progressed nicely, but he was only successful when they went to a Spread offense and operated out of the shotgun.

Even then he had Vince Young accuracy which is horrible.

The kid does have a bigger arm, but until he refines his skills a little bit. Cassel is the better QB.

Definitely helped him, but I dont see Matt Cassell having that success in KC. Personally, I think they are better keeping their picks because they have the better player.

Its not easy playing on a ****ty team and look good. Thigpen did that this season. Its hard to tell what either can do because I think both were products of a system, but one clearly had a better surrounding him and obviously better coaching.

Definitely helped him, but I dont see Matt Cassell having that success in KC. Personally, I think they are better keeping their picks because they have the better player.

Its not easy playing on a ****ty team and look good. Thigpen did that this season. Its hard to tell what either can do because I think both were products of a system, but one clearly had a better surrounding him and obviously better coaching.

in some ways i hope Pissoli trades for mama C...will be a great start for the

Chefs...They will grill him at the stake when mama cass falls flat on her face

or when the next drunk pees on him

in some ways i hope Pissoli trades for mama C...will be a great start for the

Chefs...They will grill him at the stake when mama cass falls flat on her face

or when the next drunk pees on him

Ha!

I think I rather be pissed on than play for KC.

Of course, he would not be as good as in New England. Better team. Cassel is more accurate then Thigpen. Gonzalez and Bowe who had real good years would even more productive with a guy that gets them the ball a tad higher then 54%. Plus, they can make the play action work with Matt under center.

Of course, he would not be as good as in New England. Better team. Cassel is more accurate then Thigpen. Gonzalez and Bowe who had real good years would even more productive with a guy that gets them the ball a tad higher then 54%. Plus, they can make the play action work with Matt under center.

Maybe. Either way, both Tony G had over 90 catches and Bowe was damn close.

My biggest concern with Matt Cassell is his 47 sacks taken. That is twice the amount of Thigpen playing behind a much superior Oline.

pretty easy to be accurate when all u throw are smoke screens:D

Maybe. Either way, both Tony G had over 90 catches and Bowe was damn close.

My biggest concern with Matt Cassell is his 47 sacks taken. That is twice the amount of Thigpen playing behind a much superior Oline.

He got a lot better at this. That was a huge problem at first (28 in the first 8 games). He got a lot better as the season went by (19 in the last 8) and stopped holding onto the ball as long..

Archived