Jets MIght Cut Brandon Moore

jetsrule128

They're not ****ing dumb enough to do this again. He's not going anywhere. Replacing Kendall with Jacob Bender really worked out for us last time we tried to be cheep with the offensive line. In the end that only wound up costing us 40 million to pick up Pete Kendall when our line became one of the worst in the NFL

Further, I want to know how Jane McManus of 'The Journal News' has any idea who the Jets are doing their homework on?

Does Rex Ryan or Mike Tannenbaum call her up and let her know that before free agency begins, they've been tampering with other teams players? Does she have access to their phone records? Does she sit in on meetings?

Or, maybe, just maybe, Jane had nothing to write about today, so she decided that Brandon Moore, who is not a big name, appears to be getting paid fairly well, and since she probably has no idea who he is, decided that would be her story today.

Then, she went and researched some other Jets she'd never heard of, such as Wayne Hunter or Stanley Daniels. I'm sure she knew who Rob Turner was, as he's the guy who 'reported as eligible'. She offered them as possible solutions to the 'Brandon Moore' problem. Someone should ask Jane if she remembers Adrian Clarke, or watched the Jets run the ball to the right this season.

Come on Jane, you're better than this... I believe in you. I do.

Brandon Moore is the leakest link on the offensive line. He's a pretty good run blocker but is a huge liability in pass protection. Paired with Damien Woody on the right side makes for a pretty good run game, but really makes the right side of the line a liability in pass protection.

What Tannenbaum and Co. should really do is cut Brandon Moore and slide Damien Woody from right tackle to right guard. Woody was an all-pro as an interior lineman and should be able to transition with ease. The Jets should then go out and spend a 2nd rounder on a mauler of a RT. A 2nd rounder would get you a top-flight RT for the next 10 years and help shore up our pass-protection on the right side.

Further, I want to know how Jane McManus of 'The Journal News' has any idea who the Jets are doing their homework on?

Does Rex Ryan or Mike Tannenbaum call her up and let her know that before free agency begins, they've been tampering with other teams players? Does she have access to their phone records? Does she sit in on meetings?

Or, maybe, just maybe, Jane had nothing to write about today, so she decided that Brandon Moore, who is not a big name, appears to be getting paid fairly well, and since she probably has no idea who he is, decided that would be her story today.

Then, she went and researched some other Jets she'd never heard of, such as Wayne Hunter or Stanley Daniels. I'm sure she knew who Rob Turner was, as he's the guy who 'reported as eligible'. She offered them as possible solutions to the 'Brandon Moore' problem. Someone should ask Jane if she remembers Adrian Clarke, or watched the Jets run the ball to the right this season.

lol, actually she isn't any better than this. Isn't she the one making a big deal about the cheerleaders and turning it racial with the left field comment on there only being one black girl on the squad?

lol, actually she isn't any better than this. Isn't she the one making a big deal about the cheerleaders and turning it racial with the left field comment on there only being one black girl on the squad?

Hell if I remember.

I just thought it was a funny way to end.

That wreaks of a planted article. Just my humble opinion.

I would bet 2 dollars that it was offered to Cimini first but he turned it down.

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If this were to happen, I'd have to question why we're so insistent on maintaining "continuity" on offense that we felt Shotty should stay on as coordinator, yet we break up a fine, improving offensive line. This unit should remain 100% in tact and will only get better with time and familiarity.

Moore was our best run blocking Offensive Lineman. I wouldn't be in favor of the move but if we had to cut someone from the Oline, the scenario that would be the most attractive would be to cut Moore as he wasn't a former 1st round pick and is going to start getting paid a lot very soon.

Would be sad to see him go if we truly think we can replace him with Wayne f'ing Hunter.

Brandon Moore could start on about five other teams in the NFL. Good run-blocking guards are a dime a dozen. Move Woody to RG and draft a RT that can pass block and our offensive line is set for the next 5 years.

Damien Woody is a very good RT, as expected.

Pretty much in unison: this makes zero sense.

Of course, that doesn't mean it won't happen because the Jets have done some senseless things in recent years (Kendell mess, Coles guaranty).

Mind you, if there is an obvious upgrade over Moore whom they can afford then I see no problem with it. But to get rid of Moore simply for a cheaper replacement is asinine.

Moore was greatly improved last year. Just based upon ability and his age, this makes no sense at all. HOWEVER, cutting Moore would save $5,461,187 (he has a $5 million roster bonus) against the Cap. That is significant, especially if, GOD forbid, Favre does come back. The Jets would almost have to do this and other things to make room.

Brandon Moore could start on about five other teams in the NFL. Good run-blocking guards are a dime a dozen. Move Woody to RG and draft a RT that can pass block and our offensive line is set for the next 5 years.

You need to update your scouting report. The guy has improved every year and made a quantum leap last year.

Archived