More Speculation: Jets may have traded for Jon Kitna [Merged 2X]

JMJ

He played in Detroit with no running game (until this year when Marinelli and him didn't get along) and with only one receiver and with a piss poor Offensive Line.

In 2006 & 2007 he threw for 4,000+ yards, in Detroit.

He would be one of the top veteran insurance policies in the league.

correction Kitna is a 37 year old pile of crap!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kitna signed a 4 year $11 million deal in 2006 with a $3.5 million signing bonus. That's a $2.75 million average. But with the $3.5 million bonus in 2006, his average is about $2.5 million for years 2 to 4. With this year's roster bonus of $500K or $1 million, his base would be under $2 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368184

He's due a 1M roster bonus in a couple weeks and he's owed 1.95M in base salary.

Kitna signed a 4 year $11 million deal in 2006 with a $3.5 million signing bonus. That's a $2.75 million average. But with the $3.5 million bonus in 2006, his average is about $2.5 million for years 2 to 4. With this year's roster bonus of $500K or $1 million, his base would be under $2 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368184

Link to prove that we can't sign Leftwich for 2 million dollar charge..

Dude, if the Jets traded as much as a Gravy Boat for Jon "Christ is my co-pilot" Kitna, I will sever my own penis.

Seriously, if they did that, I'm not watching one F__KING game this year.

I agree with this..lol..I dont even want Kitna on the team.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/02/trade_rumors_regarding_lions_q.html

Trade rumors regarding Lions QB Jon Kitna are nonsense

by Tom Kowalski Saturday February 21, 2009, 11:55 AM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Just a quick alert -- in case anybody saw or heard a rumor about Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna being traded to the New York Jets today, forget it. It's nonsense. "It's not true,'' said Lions spokesman Bill Keenist.

The Lions are attempting to trade Kitna prior to March 3 -- when he's scheduled to earn a $1 million roster bonus -- but nothing is imminent. In fact, with teams well aware of Kitna's impending bonus, most would rather wait until he's released.

One, the teams won't have to pay the bonus and, two, they won't have to give up a draft pick.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/02/trade_rumors_regarding_lions_q.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- Just a quick alert -- in case anybody saw or heard a rumor about Detroit Lions quarterback Jon Kitna being traded to the New York Jets today, forget it. It's nonsense. "It's not true,'' said Lions spokesman Bill Keenist.

The Lions are attempting to trade Kitna prior to March 3 -- when he's scheduled to earn a $1 million roster bonus -- but nothing is imminent. In fact, with teams well aware of Kitna's impending bonus, most would rather wait until he's released.

One, the teams won't have to pay the bonus and, two, they won't have to give up a draft pick.

Thanks again Sperm!!!

:yahoo:

Just because the Jets havn't traded for him YET doesn't mean we still won't offer a 7th round pick or pursue him in Free Agency. We pursued him after he left Cincinnati a few years ago before he took the starting job in Detroit instead of being Pennington's insurance.

blog_header_cimini.jpg

No truth to Kitna-to-Jets rumor

February 21, 2009

There's an internet rumor that says the Jets have traded for Lions QB Jon Kitna. That is completely bogus, my peeps tell me.

The Jets have no interest in Kitna. In fact, they won't even pursue him when he's released, which is expected to happen in the coming days.

blog_header_cimini.jpg

No truth to Kitna-to-Jets rumor

February 21, 2009

There's an internet rumor that says the Jets have traded for Lions QB Jon Kitna. That is completely bogus, my peeps tell me.

The Jets have no interest in Kitna. In fact, they won't even pursue him when he's released, which is expected to happen in the coming days.

thank you

small_022109-jon-kitna-use.jpg

AP File Photo

Lions spokesman Bill Keenist says rumors about Lions quarterback Jon Kitna being traded to the New York Jets today are not true.

Archived